• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What improvements do you want in Hogwarts Legacy 2 ?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
That’s gangster.

My daughter is a retard. I had 3.9 gpa when I graduated high school. I adopted her so idk if genetics make up a major play here but stilll… she can ace tests but won’t turn work in on time which tanks her grades.

It’s like imagine if Miyazaki knew how to make Souls games but instead half assed it so you end up with Thymesia instead.
Is she ADHD, OCD or on the spectrum? Mine has all three. It’s a struggle for her to keep her focused, but we’ve had to learn what she needs, and she needs timers and phone notifications.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Is she ADHD, OCD or on the spectrum? Mine has all three. It’s a struggle for her to keep her focused, but we’ve had to learn what she needs, and she needs timers and phone notifications.
None of the above unfortunately.

The only way school work gets done is me being her personal calendar.

We’ve tried so many things but basically if I don’t hound her she always has an excuse. None of which are valid.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
more spells / more emphasis on different character building paths. the one issue I have with the game is halfway through it feels like I hit a brick wall with my character.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

We’ve tried so many things but basically if I don’t hound her she always has an excuse. None of which are valid.
Kids. You love them. You hate them.

Markio128

Gold Member
It was a well made game, but a tad on the boring side, and that’s what stopped me from completing it.
Most of the characters are pretty dull, so that aspect has plenty of room for improvement.
The combat system is a bit awkward, when being limited to certain spells. FF16 is a good example of how to make this aspect better.
The dungeon type areas are mostly tedious slogs, with simple, yet annoying puzzles.
I did love being able to explore Hogwarts and visit most of the shops, but some of the other areas are easy to forget.
Tbh, they’d need to improve the game quite a lot for me to pick up a sequel.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Try to gamify her tasks with an incentive and immediate gratification incremental reward structure like you'd see in a mobile game.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Try to gamify her tasks with an incentive and immediate gratification incremental reward structure like you'd see in a mobile game.
Been there. Done removing distractions. Done dozens of things. All that’s worked is me getting email updates from her teachers and access to her homework in an online portal I check daily to then be like “ok show me this is done.”

I travel now for work 3-4 days a week so it falls on mom to check and me to tell her what to look for.

School structure just isn’t for everyone. She’s successful in lots of other facets so hopefully she can find her path. Music therapy honestly sounds great for her. She helps with the disabled kids at her school, and does a lot of charity work through school and church. Loves singing and instruments etc. Maybe music therapy is made for her? We shall see.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Been there. Done removing distractions. Done dozens of things. All that’s worked is me getting email updates from her teachers and access to her homework in an online portal I check daily to then be like “ok show me this is done.”

I travel now for work 3-4 days a week so it falls on mom to check and me to tell her what to look for.

School structure just isn’t for everyone. She’s successful in lots of other facets so hopefully she can find her path. Music therapy honestly sounds great for her. She helps with the disabled kids at her school, and does a lot of charity work through school and church. Loves singing and instruments etc. Maybe music therapy is made for her? We shall see.

She should start a band and write songs to perform for the community.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I do hope they make a more interesting main narrative. The side narrative with Sebastian and his pursuit of trying to save his sister at any cost was infinitely more interesting, especially since it was delving into the dark arts. Makes sense though, since Slytherin as a whole is the most controversial house in the lore which inherently makes it the most interesting to work around.

The next game should just make you attached to Slytherin, and then being subject to the scrutiny of the students from other houses who presume you’re probably a bad person not by your actual deeds, but by your association. You can’t change houses, so you’re stuck with the circumstances. Feel like you could make lots of interesting scenarios using this as a foundation to work off of.

Roufianos

More gameplay and meaningful missions. Less running around and talking to people.

More interesting characters and dialogue and less of a 'safe space' feel where nobody has any edge.

Embearded

• Main story to be more about the protagonist and less about saving the world.
  • More spells and ways to use them out of combat.
  • Three to four times more variety on the enemies at least.
  • I want the villages and houses in the open world to feel more alive. I liked the design but they felt really empty.
  • Even bigger Hogwarts with more secrets. I don't know of it makes sense, but i would make it bigger snd the staircase level much more complex, like the movie.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I want to be evil.

Let me unleash the three unforgivable curses on students and teachers.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm curious to know why a lot of people want Rowling to write for a sequel. All of her non-book writing in the Harry Potter universe is atrocious. The theater play was bad. The screenplays were bad. I have no confidence that her videogame writing will be any better. She should do what George Lucas should have done and seed the world with ideas and concepts while letting someone else write the actual script.

Topher

Gold Member
Yes they intend to ruin a successful game. They never learn.

Even after Suicide Squad....

Dog What GIF by MOODMAN

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
For it to be an Actual RPG with at the very least proper and not barebones school mechanics, much better characters and NPCs, RPG progression, dialogues which actually do something to change how people look at you and what you do in the game, instead of it being the same thing which leads to the same thing? Much less bloat, needless and pointless Destiny-like loot and rewarding exploration. I can go on, but I think fixing / improving / adding all that should be enough to start with.

I wish the game did not waste any time on woke themes. Despite the stupid controversy created by the retards on X and era, Hogwarts Legacy is probably one of the wokest game released last year.

Yoboman

Reactivity should be number one

Whipping out a wand should be like a GTA game or Bully where everyone starts freaking out or yelling at you

Let me attack students and what not. Put Prefects and teachers in who punish you if you're caught

Put in a proper day night cycle and full year calendar like a Persona game

Start it as a year one student learning the basics. If you can't make a fun game without having the main character be ridiculously overpowered for no reason then don't bother

Make the characters actually human and interesting with personalities

Less emphasis on stupid cosmetics

Last edited:

Bkdk

Game needs to focus so much more in hogwarts, let’s you interact with students and professors in many more ways, let you be the model student/bully or anything in between, let you bully, be an ass kisser or flirt with professors in class, add more learnable spells, let you lead students in missions, let you fight and kill students and some professors at the very least, romance system, mods, make students look hotter and magical sex scenes. First one is so boring since the game don’t really put focus on you being a student, there is little point to revisit this series if the game isn’t really about hogwarts.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
A store you can go to at the splash screen. Probably some robes, wizard sticks, brooms you can buy, maybe some time savers for 20 or so dollars, paying each time you want to learn a spell. Add some grind so I have to either through my PC or console out the window or just give in and buy them.

I see potential here if they do this.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
- Quidditch
- another story, with other characters and etc
- more creative puzzles in the open world, kinda like BotW shrines but with the first Harry Potter game in mind

Fbh

Gold Member
- Lean more heavily into the RPG aspect, give me more and better choices and make the character building (in terms of skills) deeper
- More unique content in the open world and less copy paste "activities"
- More spells not just for combat but also that let you interact with the environment, which in turn could also be used for better puzzles because those Merlin trials were awful
- Focus more on the school and make classes more relevant. It doesn't need to go all in on persona but having to ocassionally go to classes, complete tests and stuff like that would be fun. They could even tie it into character progression where you have a limited time to study every day and you have to choose on which subjects you'll focus on, so spending more time studying potions can give you buffs to your potion crafting or their effects.
- Better loot instead of 99% of the stuff you find being useless.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I thought it was absolutely fantastic, so not many changes from me.

With that said:

• A more epic, substantial story
  • More missions that involve travel to different areas around the world (Quidditch World Cup, one of the other schools, maybe some incognito missions in the Muggle world)
  • For the sequel, don't use Hogwarts as a repeat setting. I would LOVE to see the sequel use the Ministry of Magic as the "Hogwarts" of the game, acting as a central hub/place to gather missions/etc... And instead of picking a House, you pick a profession (Auror, potions expert, etc..). And then have the surroundings that you explore be Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley, London, etc..
  • Would also be awesome if they let you continue your character from the first game, so that your character has graduated Hogwarts and is now working for the Ministry.

That's about it from me. Honestly though as long as they make a competent game I'm 100% in. Had so much fun with the first one.

zkorejo

Better story. Main story was meh.

Quidditch.

How come we didn't have a chase sequence on a broom flying all over.

Casting spells while flying on the broom.

anthony2690

More enemy variety, blasting spiders and goblins throughout got pretty tiresome.

I really liked the game a lot otherwise.

Need to go back to this game at some stage. I really enjoyed the castle and exploring the grounds and different areas. The spells were cool. The story was quite weak and the dialogue and voice acting wasn't great, but it nailed the HP atmosphere. I'm just glad it sold so many copies. That boycott went well.

Woopah

Let me play the same character, but now working at some sort of Graduate Development Programme with the Ministry so you can explore different departments.
The writing was the worst part of it so better writing please. Best option, hire J K Rowling and have the HP characters in it
I think the game has a lot more freedom by being set before the books

"I did that once, it was a bad move"
I thought it was absolutely fantastic, so not many changes from me.

With that said:

• A more epic, substantial story
  • More missions that involve travel to different areas around the world (Quidditch World Cup, one of the other schools, maybe some incognito missions in the Muggle world)
  • For the sequel, don't use Hogwarts as a repeat setting. I would LOVE to see the sequel use the Ministry of Magic as the "Hogwarts" of the game, acting as a central hub/place to gather missions/etc... And instead of picking a House, you pick a profession (Auror, potions expert, etc..). And then have the surroundings that you explore be Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley, London, etc..
  • Would also be awesome if they let you continue your character from the first game, so that your character has graduated Hogwarts and is now working for the Ministry.

That's about it from me. Honestly though as long as they make a competent game I'm 100% in. Had so much fun with the first one.
This would be amazing.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

Loved the game but it’s definitely going to need more areas if a second game comes.
The locations in the game are amazing, especially the castle. But it’s done now, even with updates to it it won’t have the same wow factor.

I’m honestly not sure what location would have the same as Hogwarts. Maybe other schools?

Eimran

Most of the things are already adressed but what I missed the most was immersion.

I felt more like a tourist than a student at hogwarts
There are no classes (except story missions)
The school is pretty much dead after class hours
The dorm is empty
You don't even have a personal bed to sleep in (you just have to wait until the next day like TES)

It's a shame because it's still a beautiful game but it could have been so much more.

They should get inspiration from bully. That game did it perfectly.

Xtib81

A world that doesn't feel like empty. I love wandering around in open world games but in this one, I got bordel to death, same biome everywhere, same useless things to do, even the castle that looks incredible is underused. I also wish they went with a more mature tone. Also, quit with those stupid chests every 50 meters. Why is there a fucking headscarf in a chest hidden in a corridor ? Lol
But for a first try, I'm actually blown away by the quality of the game.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
More spells with more effects, maybe more house related events and more things to do in each house dormitory. More brooms with different ways of flying that you can really feel. Interesting puzzles (merlin trials were ass).
Less goblin racism.

But the true winning move would of course be Pottervania

Calverz

You all know this game is going to become a MTX season pass game for the sequel.

Prepare to buy any cool robes, and prepare for a story told through seasonal content.

WB going to deep dick you all.
Unfortunately this is true. I enjoyed the first game for what it was. I’m not a huge potter fan but I liked what I played.

Jormatar

I hope they make a game set few years before HP books. It would be nice to see some of the familiar people from the books making appearances.

Last edited:
Top Bottom