• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's on your radar for the rest of the year?

Select any number

• Age of Mythology: Retold

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Assassin's Creed: Shadows

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Astro Bot

Votes: 120 47.6%
  • Avowed

Votes: 63 25.0%
  • Black Myth: Wukong

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 6

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • Flight Simulator 2024

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Votes: 92 36.5%
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance II

Votes: 65 25.8%
  • Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

Votes: 64 25.4%
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure

Votes: 26 10.3%
  • Mario & Luigi: Brothership

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater

Votes: 84 33.3%
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio

Votes: 54 21.4%
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl

Votes: 76 30.2%
  • Silent Hill 2

Votes: 55 21.8%
  • Star Wars Outlaws

Votes: 54 21.4%
  • Visions of Mana

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Ys X: Nordics

Votes: 27 10.7%
  • Frostpunk 2

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D

Votes: 51 20.2%

• Total voters

Bond007

Pretty bleak year for me.
Only sure thing is Metal Gear Solid, NBA 2K25 and Zelda Echoes of Wisdom

Indiana Jones I would buy- but why with Gamepass? Will buy physical when it hits PS5- assuming it ends up being good anyway.
Call of Duty depends on friends
Star Wars, Assassins Creed, Astrobot, and Silent Hill will be based on what i read post release.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Wow, looking at this list, I didn't think I had so many desired games for the rest of the year... but look like Gamepass will certainly help me play many of them.

AJUMP23

I have a question, i see many people hyped for this one, but doesn't people absolutely despise modern madden? Isn't the game made by ea aswell?
I was worried about that too, but from what I have seen it looks like it plays looser than madden. We also haven't had a college game for 11 years. I hope it plays loose and fast like the college game. As long as the gameplay is fun and less of a rigid than madden it will be good for me.

El Muerto

Not interested in reboots, remakes, semi-yearly releases (AC, COD), or spyware games from China. Definitely looking forward to Indiana Jones, Avowed, Flintlock, and Visions of Mana. Dont understand the hype for Astro Bot, but i can kinda see it as it's the only exclusive that looks good for the system.

Mortisfacio

I do enjoy the diversity of gaming genres (would love the RTS genre to make a comeback, though). Based on current polling, Astro Bot looks like a favorite. Personally it looks like a game I don't think I'd even play for free (I'm not a big fan of platformers). Same thing with past games like Hi-Fi rush. Those that played it seemed to love it, and I respect that games I don't like find success. With gaming so saturated by open world and GaaS, it's nice to have some other things mixed in.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
preorder_ps5_metaphor_refantaz_1713857591_9d33c70b_progressive
6569440_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
dragon-quest-iii-hd2d-remake-810227.8.jpg
WClFT0H.png
61vx6c8V-pL._SL1004_.jpg
the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-810173.5.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed: Shadows
Astro Bot
Avowed
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Metaphor: Fantazio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
Dragon Quest III HD-2D
Star Wars Outlaws (maybe)

Last edited:

Pelao

Flight Simulator and MAYBE Astrobot. Nothing else on that list really piques my interest.
I'm not even interested in the MGS3 remake because I have zero faith in Konami.
This year's lineup basically ended for me with the Elden Ring DLC, which seems crazy to me.

Hudo

Gold Member
I am looking forward to:

Age of Mythology: Retold
Metaphor: ReFantazio
Visions of Mana
Dragon Quest III: HD-2D Remake
The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
MechWarrior 5: Clans

SyberWolf

Black ops 6 (gamepass)
Flight Sim to mess around (gamepass)
Indiana Jones (gamepass)
KC: Deliverance II
Metaphor
Stalker 2 (gamepass)
Star Wars Outlaws

Always busy, there is never enough time to play all the good games out there. Aside from a few core series, I am usually years behind what I play. I might be there day 1 for Astro Bot and Brothership though, if only to encourage more of those kinds of games to be made.

begotten

Astro Bot & Visions of Mana the most.

Interested to see if MGS3 and SH2 do well. If remakes for the 2 most popular entries in their biggest Gaming IP bomb then Konami should just stop making games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
With a list like that Adam, do you get to complete most of these?

I’ve completed 7 single player games this year, and that’s taken some effort.

I doubt I'm finishing all those this calendar year, they're just the ones coming later this year I'm going to play for sure.

Astro Bot
Avowed
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl

Looks like the year of the backlog will continue with few interruptions. It has been real quiet for me since Rebirth.

Trilobit

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II

Cheers for reminding me that I wanted to play the first one. Was on sale on PS Store so I got the DLC too. Looking forward to try it out as I've heard very good things. Sure, it's on my PS5 and it's only the PS4 version, PC is probably leagues better. But good enough for me until the sequel arrives. (y)

Edit: I really hope the new Indiana Jones game rocks. I don't have many games I look forward to, but the trailer intrigued me. I'm craving for some good old fashioned adventuring.

Last edited:

Barakov

Astrobot
Dragon Quest III HD-2D
MGS Delta
Metaphor : Refantazio
Silent Hill 2
Visions Of Mana
Ys X : Nordics
Slitterhead

The rest of the stuff on the list is stuff I'm not interested in or I'll get later.

TheSweeper

I have pre-ordered AC Shadows. Also looking forward to Star Wars Outlaws. But my most anticipated game ist Dragon Age Veilguard. Also keeping an eye on the new Life is Strange.

Those should cover the end of the year for me.

Shakka43

Silent Hill 2 (pre-ordered)
AstroBot (Day One)
Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus

Interested in Black Myth but will wait for reviews.

Last edited:

Fredrik

From that list:
  • Assassin's Creed: Shadows
  • Avowed
  • Black Myth: Wukong
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 6
  • Flight Simulator 2024
  • Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
  • Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • Star Wars Outlaws
The Zelda game didn’t look like my type of game but my wife has preordered it and the kids are excited so I’ll at least watch that getting played.
Astrobot is interesting but I doubt it’ll be on PC until there is a Playstation launcher, so not for this year.

Everything will compete with Elden Ring so time will tell how much else I’ll have time to play.

Alan Wake

September will be pretty huge with:

Stalker II: Heart of Chornobyl
Astro Bot
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (physical Deluxe edition)
Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed
And then there's Indiana Jones, Silent Hill 2, Plucky Squire and problably games I haven't even thought of yet.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Genuinely surprised at the hype for Astrobot, I uninstalled the first one fairly quickly.

I think Indy is my most anticipated title, but I'm not overly excited about it. Will definitely play that and COD via Gamepass, also might give Avowed a go, depending on reviews.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
All the western rpg buffet to start.
Dragon Age
Avowed (getting on steam)
Kingdom Come Deliverence 2
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines 2

You going to be eating good lol

A bit of the opposite for me, already have a huge back log and University classes for this fall is stacked so I can't really do much massive RPGs and will just work on a back log and try to complete Persona 3 remake and Gran Blue Fantasy.

Dragon Age and Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 would be day 1s for me, but I just don't have the time this year. Same for AC Shadows and Star Wars Outlaws (but I feel I might buy them day 1 anyway lol)

We'll see.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
As a JRPG fan, the rest of the year has a steady stream of games. Thanks to GameStop trade promotions, I already have pre-paid:

Trails Through Daybreak (Jul 5)

Visions of Mana (Aug 29)

Astro Bot (Sep 6)

Reynatis (Sep 27)

Metaphor Re Fantazio (Oct 11)

Ys X: Nordics (Q4)

Dazraell

• Astro Bot
  • Metaphor ReFantazio
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance II
  • Mario & Luigi: Brothership
  • Yes, Your Grace: Snowfall
  • Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars - Reforged
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

I've been looking up news about Avowed, VtMB: Bloodlines 2 and Dragon Age: Veilguard but these games have way too many red flags and I would rather want to wait for reviews and player's impressions after launch before making my mind. I'm also interested in Space Marine II and Star Wars: Outlaws but will most likely pick them up somewhere later on sale

Top Bottom