• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most you've paid for a single videogame?

Impotaku

For most modern games i rarely go over £100 unless it's some special edition or a limited print company release that i missed out on for switch and had to pay through ass for it on ebay. For retro stuff probably harmful park on PS1 it set me back £470 however it's not some faded shit tatty copy it's literally pristine there's no damage at all or fading to any part of it so something not often seen at all hence bidding was fierce on ebay for it.
3F29kIV.jpg

WrB9vdn.jpg

Runner up would probably be gegege no kitaro last game on PS1 so really low print run, was about £380
Z0Yx2im.jpg

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It was probably the Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West collector's edition. I don't recall the exact cost but it was at least $150 if memory serves.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Neo Geo Samurai Showdown back in the 90s.

Can’t remember exactly how much. Close to £400 if I remember correctly. Me and my brother stockpiled our money.

Spent a lot on SNES imports too. Always comfortably over £100.

Goalus

Inflation-adjusted it's these two:

4236669-ultima-iv-quest-of-the-avatar-sega-master-system-front-cover.jpg

02b27a10.jpg

Both 139,-- DM in the early nineties.

Phantasy Star 2 was 179,-- DM, but I never had a Mega Drive.

For comparison with today's prices:
1 € = 2 DM
So 140 DM = 70 €, and to account for inflation since the early nineties it probably makes sense to triple the number, so we end up at about 200 € for each of the two games.

Games are cheap nowadays.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

$100 for Battle Garegga.
$150 for Radiant Silvergun.
$200 for Panzer Dragoon Saga.

All for Saturn of course.
In the early 2000s. Worth every penny. Still 3 of my all time favorites - regardless of paying that much.

Top Bottom