• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's this P90X workout stuff?

LCfiner

nubbe said:
I'm 3 days in and every muscle in my body is acing... I move about like a 90 year old now :p

that should go away by week 2. (as long as you’re eating enough)

oh, small status update. back in the groove after being sick last weekend. after 6 weeks in, I’ve lost around 18 pounds and notice some minor improvements in arm size and I’ve improved around one belt notch.

I’ve been able to up the weight on some routines for shoulders, triceps and biceps and bought heavier resistance bands for back exercises.

I can also do a proper jump knee tuck. it ain’t pretty, but I can get the knees up, at least. :lol

getting there, slowly but surely.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Now I just have to find this program somewhere. I have absolutely no clue where to find it.

As for my body fat; it's really just the way my body is. There's no medical problems that arise, outside of the fact that gaining weight or muscle is really difficult for me.

The flip side is, once I acquire it, it stays.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
nubbe said:
I'm 3 days in and every muscle in my body is acing... I move about like a 90 year old now :p

The last time you'll be really sore is day 6, because on day 5 you do wall squats. At least in Phase 1, I have yet to do phase 2.

I'm going to be done with week 3 soon, and I need recovery week. I'm still improving quickly with weights, and with some aspects of Yoga, but there's other areas I've scaled back because it seems some balancing muscles have over trained.

I've lost about 2 lbs, but strength is much improved and my waist is about .75" shorter. I've been cheating a lot on the diet because I want to first gain muscle. I decided to do this on week one when my legs were sore from Yoga in places making it hard to do legs. When the stretching exercise wears out what is to be targeted the next day, I knew I needed to grow muscle first. I had runner's knee for months, so my legs were weak.

What about someone who is skinny and gain at least 10 lbs, would this work for them?

Yes, it could. That's if you benefit from the general advantages of a home gym:

1. You don't have to commute to a gym.
2. You don't have to schedule your day around to a trainer.
3. You don't have to wait to do sets.
4. You're willing to train hard, but could use direction.

That anytime workout with 60 contiguous minutes of training would take at least 2 hours to commute to a gym, wait for a machine or weights to become available, and to commute back.

Just emphasize the weight training days, do yoga/stretch, and go to phase 2 or 3 of their diet.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Now I just have to find this program somewhere. I have absolutely no clue where to find it.

I got mine from Amazon, but looks like they jacked up the price. Try getting it directly from beachbody.

teh_pwn

TurtleSnatcher said:
so Skinny builds should jump to phase 2 or 3?

I was gonna stick with Phase 1 and burn whatever fat I had for 2 weeks then switch..

If you're already thin, you probably want to work on muscle gain primarily, and the fat shredder diet probably slows down muscle gain.

If you want to lose a few pounds of fat and you're thin, I'd first gain muscle, and then towards the end of the program use your new physique to double your sessions of cardio/kempo/plyo.

Im kind of confused as the chart says I should do Chest, Arms, Shoulders and Ab Ripper X on my first day.. yet the Chest Arms, Shoulders is 60 minutes.. Guess I still do both.

Dipper145

TurtleSnatcher said:
Im kind of confused as the chart says I should do Chest, Arms, Shoulders and Ab Ripper X on my first day.. yet the Chest Arms, Shoulders is 60 minutes.. Guess I still do both.
The full exercises are 60 minutes +.

Ab Ripper X is only 15 minutes though.

I was doing good at the first week, then I got sick in the middle of the 2nd and kind of stopped. Then with so much extra work hours I've been getting lately I've been far to tired to exercise after working. Once things slow down I'll pick up where I left off.

I still have to find a way to do the pull ups though. I might end up just skipping them I don't know yet.

grumble

Dipper145 said:
The full exercises are 60 minutes +.

Ab Ripper X is only 15 minutes though.

15 minutes of PAIN. My hip flexors hurt so much after doing it that I couldn't walk properly for days. I think I overdid it, but man is it a good ab workout.

Okay I just finished my first workout..

Holy shit I could only get through about 2/3 or 3/4 of the Chest Arm and Shoulder workout.

That hurt so bad.. I couldn't lift my weights or do any pushups.. I fell to the ground after about halfway pretty much.

Then I went straight to Ab Ripper at least.. I got through that but no where did I do as many reps as they did in any of the excercises in each...

I did like 1/5th or a 1/4th of what they did it feels like.. :lol

I sweating like hell too..

When I got up from the Ab Ripper.. I fell into my door haha.. I couldn't get up..

Now for my shake!

teh_pwn

I had my last weight training session until phase 2: Legs/back. My biggest weakness is still lunges and one legged wall squats because the quadriceps above my knees are still recovering from an injury. They are slowly improving though.

But it seems I've broken through to doing pullups and chinups with just the bar (no more bands). I didn't expect this, but all of the sudden I can do 4-6 front grip pullups, and 6-8 rear grip pullups. I think with that number of repetitions I should be able to grow steadily to 20 reps.

So I wake up this morning and my elbows hurt so bad..

my triceps are so sore.

Expect this for the first week. Plyometrics is practically weight training the first time because you're going to do jumping squats. Your ass will get very sore.

Just scale it down where needed, and keep adjusting your diet if you find that you aren't recovering fast enough. Eat more if the main muscles targeted on day one are sore and making Yoga impossible on day 4.

teh_pwn said:
Expect this for the first week. Plyometrics is practically weight training the first time because you're going to do jumping squats. Your ass will get very sore.

Yeah, I agree w/ teh_pwn.

My first week of Plyo was grueling (I wasn't ready for it at all) but ever since then, it's been a breeze. My advice is, if you haven't done high intensity workouts prior, listen to Tony: PAUSE IF YOU NEED TO AND TAKE BREAKS. Like I said, that first session can be a rough adjustment.

I have week 4 (Recovery Week) starting today, then it's on to phase 2.

As Tony would say:

"It's coming....it's coming..."

Today is Plyometrics.. (And its only day 2)

I'm fucked! I lived on a 3rd floor apartment.. I have a feeling Im going to limit myself due tot he douches below me..

I am going out and buying Resistance bands.. I almost hurt myself because I was so out of jucie on my first workout to use my 15lb weights :lol

I tried the p90 diet the first day and it was grueling.. so what Im gonna do now is just eat lots of proteins and a few carbs.. like 4 portions worth a day like the chart says and then mix in a few dairys, fruits and veggies.

Hard to keep up with that chart sometimes.

Is there an alternative to Plyometrics?

Only reason I ask is because Im so paranoid about the noise for the people below me.. that it makes me lose my focus and do the excercises wrong.. Yes Im landing like a "Cat" like Tony says but it still makes noise.

Any recommendations?

Im thinking of just going out to run around outside for an hour to replace it.. but not sure if it really benefits me. I personally am aiming to work on my upper body more so then my legs so a little negative like that won't kill me emotionally.

I even bought a mat to reduce the noise but it doesn't really help.

I did get through about half of pylo before becoming so exhausted and paranoid about the noise. Was a nice workout.

LCfiner

TurtleSnatcher said:
Is there an alternative to Plyometrics?

Only reason I ask is because Im so paranoid about the noise for the people below me.. that it makes me lose my focus and do the excercises wrong.. Yes Im landing like a "Cat" like Tony says but it still makes noise.

Any recommendations?

Im thinking of just going out to run around outside for an hour to replace it.. but not sure if it really benefits me. I personally am aiming to work on my upper body more so then my legs so a little negative like that won't kill me emotionally.

I even bought a mat to reduce the noise but it doesn't really help.

I did get through about half of pylo before becoming so exhausted and paranoid about the noise. Was a nice workout.

yeah, they tell ya in the book and the video. Cardio X disc.

try that out for a couple weeks first.

I haven’t tried it yet but it’s supposed to be lower impact and not quite as … intense as plyo

Boonoo

I really would try not too worry. Just an hour of light jumping isn't too bad. You might want to just pop downstairs and let them know you'll be doing some jumping for an hour. That could go a long way in reducing the paranoia.

As far as plyo itself is concerned; it worked me far harder than an hour run ever did--worked my leg muscles anyway, general cardio whatnots were probably better with the run.

I just did my first legs and back today, and it felt pretty flat. My legs were still sore from plyometrics (and dancing the night afterwards) so a lot of my squats and lunges felt pretty poor. I did, though, discover that I really need to push the chair pretty far out for pullups. I think that in a couple weeks I should be good to go.

Also, I really need to pick up a yoga block. That first half of yoga x was killer.

LCfiner said:
yeah, they tell ya in the book and the video. Cardio X disc.

try that out for a couple weeks first.

I haven’t tried it yet but it’s supposed to be lower impact and not quite as … intense as plyo
Cardio X.. okay will do that from now on.

Thanks!

Boonoo said:
I really would try not too worry. Just an hour of light jumping isn't too bad. You might want to just pop downstairs and let them know you'll be doing some jumping for an hour. That could go a long way in reducing the paranoia.

As far as plyo itself is concerned; it worked me far harder than an hour run ever did--worked my leg muscles anyway, general cardio whatnots were probably better with the run.

I just did my first legs and back today, and it felt pretty flat. My legs were still sore from plyometrics (and dancing the night afterwards) so a lot of my squats and lunges felt pretty poor. I did, though, discover that I really need to push the chair pretty far out for pullups. I think that in a couple weeks I should be good to go.

Also, I really need to pick up a yoga block. That first half of yoga x was killer.

Lady below me is a biatch. She fucking banged on her ceiling (my floor) on Super Bowl Sunday at 8pm because I had friends over.

She also bangs on her ceiling when my dog plays around for more then 10 seconds.

I finally confronted her and told her to f off. It hasn't been a clean relationship since.. :lol

bathala

Banned
I'm on my 4th day and following the lean calendar.

Holy shit, I haven't sweat this much doing a work out.

Yoga X warrior 3 pose kills me, but it feels good

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
So I did my first P90X session today and it occured to me that I'm in horrible shape. I've been going to the gym for several years and running occasionally but I just couldn't keep up in any way. I think I'm going to use this week to get to know the exercises and then start for real next week.

Tomorrow should be fun...

teh_pwn

Just weighed myself, and oddly my weight is 2 lbs heavier. I thought I had lost 2 lbs, but I guess it's averaging the same as before. But the weird thing is that my waist keeps shrinking. My 34" pants are almost loose enough to slip off without unbuttoning.

Seems that I'm clearly gaining muscle and losing fat. I think I'm going to continue my cheat diet, and wait until round 2 of P90x to focus on fat loss.

I'm 5'9" and 172 lbs. My goal is to lose about 15 net pounds (gain 10 lbs muscle, lose 25 lbs fat), get from a 34" to a 30-31" waist. I have lots of boxed up 30-31" pants waiting.

cybamerc said:
So I did my first P90X session today and it occured to me that I'm in horrible shape. I've been going to the gym for several years and running occasionally but I just couldn't keep up in any way. I think I'm going to use this week to get to know the exercises and then start for real next week.

Tomorrow should be fun...

You can be in decent shape and P90x will still wipe you out the first week. You can do all the traditional squats, pullups, deadlifts, and benchpressing and be in fantastic shape, but still not have all of the muscles developed to do dive bomber pushups, fifer scissors, warrior 3 into standing splits, and plyometrics.

Excellent video on dive bomber pushups to those that aren't familiar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-v0AaANHk

But that's the point. With challenge comes change.

And just about everyone, myself included, were raped on day 1 and day 2. Something happens biological between day 2 and 3 that makes the exercises easier, at least in terms of breathing. You'll be amazed how much easier chest/back, plyo, etc are on week 2.

Holy shit, I haven't sweat this much doing a work out.

Yoga X warrior 3 pose kills me, but it feels good

I just take my shirt off in YogaX, and set the AC to 70. Helps with the sweat, and loose shirts get in the way with most warrior moves.

phinious

Ok, Here are my results so far. I can see some big differences. I am also feeling a ton stronger. If your curious, I have been following the meal plan exactly. I use zone bars instead of the p90x bars, and I drink 200 calories of chocolate milk instead of the p90x recovery drink.

Day 1:
2ebaddf.jpg

Day 31:
2gxib11.jpg

nubbe

The second round of plyometrics went way better than the first round.

But I gotta say that (ab ripper + plyometrics + ab ripper) is exhausting my mid an lower body.

Just been diagnosed with swine flu so have had to miss the past 2 days exercise as I'm too weak. Not sure if it's really swine flu or not but the doc has recommended I have a course of anti-virals just in case.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Plyometrics is quite demanding in terms of space with some of the exercises. Some of the exercises also seem a bit silly... still, it's pretty brutal. I sure didn't maintain good form through most of it. Jumping when your legs are shaking from the lactic acid build up in your muscles isn't exactly easy.

grumble

Started the program after a fair bit of traditional gym activity. It's brutal! I did Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X and went upstairs trying not to throw up, then passed out on my floor for twenty minutes. It'll be interesting to see this program through.

teh_pwn

I'm going to modify the program a bit:
1. Replace Yoga with Stretch X and the upper body part of KempoX.
2. Shorter recovery weeks, but strategic use of recovery days.

I started this after about a month of feeling no pain from my knee. I had runner's knee due to overpronation.

Ironically, it has been Yoga and not Plyometrics that have returned a bit of the pain. This is because the shoe insoles and shoes used to keep my heel and arch from collapsing make balancing in Yoga impossible, and so I've been doing it bare footed. I'm hoping that the Plyometrics, legs, and time will strengthen the muscles enough so that in round 2 of the entire p90x program I can do Yoga again.

I'm finding the recovery weeks far too easy. I haven't had any discomfort, soreness, or weakness in a couple of days. The only exception is Core Synergistics which seems to be targeting a part of the lower back that the others have not. However, I've found that some of the adaptive/mastery weeks I'm still exhausted after the 1 recovery day.

teh_pwn

This chest, shoulders, and triceps workout has a few exercises that I cannot do with my lightest weight (10 lbs). I may have to get 5 lb weights or find something that I can use that's about 5 lbs.

DeathNote said:
So... classic vs doubles vs lean? I'm 5'10'' and 220lbs.

What's your goal?

I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs and I'm aiming for about 160 lbs with ~30 lbs of fat loss and ~20 lbs of muscle gain. I'm doing a modified version of classics. I've replaced Yoga (see a few posts above) due to issues with my knee injury. I'll be doing 2 rounds of p90x until I go into maintenance mode, or go to the gym.

I generally would recommend classics with modifications to your needs. Even if you want to primarily loose fat, for guys it is far more effective to gain muscle and lose fat because muscles boost the metabolism, increase hormones, and enable you to do much more cardio.

Also with fat loss, the biggest thing that makes or break it is the diet. If you're wanting to cut fat mostly, follow their phase 1 diet.

LogicStep

phinious said:
Ok, Here are my results so far. I can see some big differences. I am also feeling a ton stronger. If your curious, I have been following the meal plan exactly. I use zone bars instead of the p90x bars, and I drink 200 calories of chocolate milk instead of the p90x recovery drink.

Day 1:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ebaddf.jpg[IMG]

Day 31:
[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/2gxib11.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
P90X makes your hair grow! Nah kidding aside, I can already tell a big difference as I am sure you can too. Great job, keep at it!

I have been doing the P90X thing for a while now, thought I haven't really done the whole thing, just some of the videos, and I'm not really following the diet plan though I am eating healthier and less calories per day. I have gotten good results so far, I started at 205lbs and now I am down to 187lbs as of today, my muscles have grown, got bigger arms and chest, ab area is almost there, just need to lose some more weight. Feel better and stronger.

Anyways, this works!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
teh_pwn said:
This chest, shoulders, and triceps workout has a few exercises that I cannot do with my lightest weight (10 lbs). I may have to get 5 lb weights or find something that I can use that's about 5 lbs.

What's your goal?

I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs and I'm aiming for about 160 lbs with ~30 lbs of fat loss and ~20 lbs of muscle gain. I'm doing a modified version of classics. I've replaced Yoga (see a few posts above) due to issues with my knee injury. I'll be doing 2 rounds of p90x until I go into maintenance mode, or go to the gym.

I generally would recommend classics with modifications to your needs. Even if you want to primarily loose fat, for guys it is far more effective to gain muscle and lose fat because muscles boost the metabolism, increase hormones, and enable you to do much more cardio.

Also with fat loss, the biggest thing that makes or break it is the diet. If you're wanting to cut fat mostly, follow their phase 1 diet.
My arms, legs, and face look normal. But, I have big love handles and a big belly. So... I want to loose all excess weight and gain some muscle. Not looking to have 6 packs yet.

That's another question I had. Do you guys follow the day by day nutrition plan exactly? Do you guys supplement with what they sell?

teh_pwn

DeathNote said:
My arms, legs, and face look normal. But, I have big love handles and a big belly. So... I want to loose all excess weight and gain some muscle. Not looking to have 6 packs yet.

That's another question I had. Do you guys follow the day by day nutrition plan exactly? Do you guys supplement with what they sell?

I'd still recommend classics then, but remember to modify. There are some exercises that I outright refuse to do because they are insane.

I don't really follow the diet at all because my goal puts muscle gain as my first priority, and then after I've got that I'm focusing on fat loss. But these workouts get you breathing so hard and burn so many calories my weight has held around 170 while my clothes are gradually fitting better.

I use Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey as my only supplement. I probably have about 4 servings a day (~80 grams of protein). Sometimes in the middle of weight lifting workouts I'll drink a little juice, or eat something light and high in carbs (cheerios, half a bagel) to refuel so I can do more reps. You'll do enough lifting to the point that you're muscles will run out of fuel (glycogen) which is what Tony Horton refers to as "bonking". You can refuel quickly with easy to digest carbs, and that is in part of what their "recovery drink". Sugar.

My diet is similar to the kinds of foods that are in the nutrition guide, but I eat a bit more fat and I eat somewhere around phase 2-3 in terms of calories starting on day one.

Their nutrition plan is pretty solid, especially phase 1 if you're focusing on fat loss.

LCfiner

woo, just finished the 3 “tough” weeks of phase 2. recovery week is next.

feels good, man.

I was able to salvage a couple shirts that I had retired due to them not fitting my previously expanding stomach. plus I can tighten my belt by around 2 extra notches since I began 7 weeks ago. still using the same pants, though

hopefully I can go out and buy some new pants after the end of phase 3.

oh, and thanks for that spreadsheet for the rep counting. I’ll definitely be printing them out for phase 3 and for my next go around with the whole program in november.

grumble

I just did the first few days of the program, and I'm finding it really tough. My muscles are sore like they haven't been in a long time, and I'm having issues keeping the pace up. I think I've been pushing way too hard, killing myself each workout, and I can't keep up this pace for 90 days. It's just not happening, last night I took a nap on my living room carpet after Plyometrics.

What I think I might do is finish the first week hardcore over a two week period to get a basic level of moderate endurance fitness, then start the program from day one, and maybe add an extra week to Phase 1 as well to make sure I've got a good base level of fitness. What do you guys think?

teh_pwn

Grumble, you'll be amazed at how fast your body is going to adapt. Just make sure you get plenty of sleep, food/protein, and take your rest day. Hell take two rest days. Remember that you're not supposed to be able to keep up with Tony initially. As I was wrapping up phase 1, I was starting to keep up with them on the workouts, but I still frequently paused so I could catch my breath, or give myself more time to do as many reps as them. And I stopped getting significant soreness after about a week in.

Remember to tone it down the first week. Don't push yourself to pain, just discomfort. I skipped a lot of their exercises that involve lots of high impact jumping. I couldn't do more than 2 reps on dive bomber pushups or diamond pushups the first set, couldn't do a single rep the second set.

LCfiner

grumble said:
I just did the first few days of the program, and I'm finding it really tough. My muscles are sore like they haven't been in a long time, and I'm having issues keeping the pace up. I think I've been pushing way too hard, killing myself each workout, and I can't keep up this pace for 90 days. It's just not happening, last night I took a nap on my living room carpet after Plyometrics.

What I think I might do is finish the first week hardcore over a two week period to get a basic level of moderate endurance fitness, then start the program from day one, and maybe add an extra week to Phase 1 as well to make sure I've got a good base level of fitness. What do you guys think?

1. pause the DVD frequently to catch your breath. especially during plyo.

2. don’t feel the need to keep the pace with the folks on the video. they are super fit. do your best and forget the rest :)

3. you can sub in the cardio dvd for plyo the first couple weeks.

4. make sure you’re not starving yourself so that you have energy for the demanding workouts

5. it will get easier, believe it or not. I had wobbly legs for two days after the first plyo session but by the second week, the body has already adjusted a bit

6. adding an extra week to phase 1 is not a bad idea, especially if the 1st week is such a huge shock.

kaskade

I am about to join a gym but man this is pretty enticing. I watched some peoples results on youtube and they were pretty impressive.

OmniGamer

Mini-update

Down to 230lbs now, and 39" belly. So 4 pounds and half an inch lost from Day 60. I still need to kick up the additional cardio though, had a few distractions this week, and will again this week as it's my Mom's 60th birthday(no cake for me though). But I hope to get down to 225 by the end of this first cycle.

Btw, keep up the good work phinious ;-)

Just did the plyo of my first week back after I had to sit out last week due to swine flu. It was hard but not as hard as I was expecting considering I've started cycling to work again.

I was debating resetting to week 1 of phase 2 but my results so far have been encouraging enough for me not to do that now, so this is my week 6. Instead of finishing on Halloween it'll be a week later instead, I can live with that.

phinious said:

Day 1:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ebaddf.jpg

Day 31:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2gxib11.jpg

No offense, but I don't see a difference. You do look like you shred off some fat on your love handles, but that's it. Chest, arms, shoulders, and abs all look the same.

Then again, it has only been a month. I wouldn't expect drastic changes that fast.

grumble

Jason's Ultimatum said:
No offense, but I don't see a difference. You do look like you shred off some fat on your love handles, but that's it. Chest, arms, shoulders, and abs all look the same.

Then again, it has only been a month. I wouldn't expect drastic changes that fast.

The first month for the most part is going to be neurological adaptation. Your nerve motor units will get more efficiently used and your brain will figure out how to activate more muscle fibers when necessary. This is a good thing, as it means that your brain is more able to control your body. People often see dramatic results in terms of their physical ability in the first couple of weeks, but not a huge change in physical composition. that comes as you keep on pushing your limits and start to seriously grow some muscle.

I can see some differences between the two pictures, though it's not huge. After only a month, that's expected. Keep on trucking and pushing yourself really hard, and you'll see some seriously awesome changes by Day 90.

Shorty

Banned
phinious said:

Day 1:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ebaddf.jpg[IMG]

Day 31:
[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/2gxib11.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
well your hair is longer. maybe if you keep training your hair will be very long one day.

phinious

Lol, usually the guy working out has the hardest time seeing the differences! Oh well, I lost 8 lbs and 2 belt notches so far so I am still happy with my results. Also when I started I could hardly do any push ups or pull ups, and now I can do like 50 of each.

So thats decent results in a month right? It feels good just to get out of a chair every day and work on my self!

Boonoo

Just starting up the third week now. Things are going pretty well--though I still can't do any unassisted pull-ups. I've decided to do about half an hour of jogging after the non-cardio days. Also, I might extend the first phase by a week. I'd really like to at least do 1 pull-up before I start the second part of things.

I'm a little worried about my diet. I stick pretty close to what they give me, but I usually go overboard in dairy (usually a couple extra cups of skim milk every day), and I end up under in vegetables and protein. I really can't stand whey; I'm getting at least a couple portions of eggs and chicken or pork every day, though.

As far as the shakes go. Mixing them with a 1-2 tbls of peanut butter and non sugar chocolate milk mix should be ok, right?

All in all things are going well. I've gotten into a good routine with working out at night.

teh_pwn

I bought 5 and 8 lb dumbbells today. Some of phase 2's Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps workout work muscles that I've never really used before, and they can't handle 10 lbs, my lightest weight. Specifically "scarecrow", "pour fly", and "weighted circles". I used large cans of soup the first 2 times, but I needed something heavier to build up to 10 lbs.

And to those that are trying to lose fat and keep looking at the scale, focus on your waist. I've gained 4 lbs, and I weight 174 now. But my 34" pants would fall off if I didn't have a belt. I'm going to get out my 32" pants in about a month at this rate.

I've still got a lot of fat to lose, but I can definitely see the definition of a 6 pack forming underneath the fat I have left. When I was 140 lbs I didn't have a 6 pack. It's really showing me that working out the abs is just as important as low body fat %.

phinious said:
Lol, usually the guy working out has the hardest time seeing the differences! Oh well, I lost 8 lbs and 2 belt notches so far so I am still happy with my results. Also when I started I could hardly do any push ups or pull ups, and now I can do like 50 of each.

So thats decent results in a month right? It feels good just to get out of a chair every day and work on my self!

You're doing fine. You're slightly smaller, but I can tell that you've replaced fat with muscle. There's distinct signs of pudgy, soft tissue that's in the first pic that's not in the second. I think if you really want to gain muscle in phase 2 and 3, you're going to need to eat more, and use heavier weights at 8-12 reps as Tony constantly reminds in phase 2 workouts.

OmniGamer

Ugh, so this week has been a mild disaster. B-Day Distractions, friends&family, cheat eating, and an upset stomach this weekend. I've decided to try to salvage what I can this week, and extend this phase by another PROPER week, and then go into my last recovery week.

Sidenote...on two separate occasions this week I got comments on my body. My sister said my arms were looking really good. And yesterday, a friend of my mom's friend, a lady I met for the first time, asked if I worked out, and I said "yeah, off and on, though pretty consistently at the moment", and she said she could tell. So that felt good, and i can't wait to get back on track and keep the improvements going.

Togeo

Starting up tomorrow. Got my diet and equipment all purchased. I figure I'll make things easier by portioning out my food now. I have to say, I'm looking forward to this.

teh_pwn

I'm coming down with the flu. 100 degree fever before I took Naproxen.

But the funny thing is, the sore/stiff muscles in the lower back/legs which were among the symptoms, were nothing compared to the day after my first day on Plyometrics over a month ago. :lol

Top Bottom