• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's this P90X workout stuff?

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Yonn said:
Dude, f-castrillo, awesome results, I'm kinda jealous! :D Another round and I bet you'll get some great definition.
You got some nice results as well! Just keep eating right and stay active and you'll keep shrinking! I've got 3 days of INSANITY in my week now to help me reach my goal of fat loss. It's really just my belly that's bothering me now. My arms and calves (the latter of which the pictures don't really show) have really toned up, so I just wanna work on what's left of my mound lol

As of right now, I don't think I could go back to my pre-P90X lifestyle, i.e. not working out several times a week, eating badly all the time, etc. The X is a life changer, in more than one way :D

ocadman

Congrats Yonn and f-castrillo.

I'm halfway through Phase 3 and for whatever reason, I am not feeling the workouts anymore. I'm still pressing play, but it's a chore. I probably sound like a bitch, but I really just want these next 3+ weeks to pass so I can be done with it. I don't know why I'm complaining because I feel great! P90X has really done wonders for not only my health, but my lifestyle. My gf says I've been brainwashed by Tony cause it seems like I talk about it all the time and even try to force it onto her. :lol

OmniGamer

ocadman said:

I'm halfway through Phase 3 and for whatever reason, I am not feeling the workouts anymore. I'm still pressing play, but it's a chore. I probably sound like a bitch, but I really just want these next 3+ weeks to pass so I can be done with it. I don't know why I'm complaining because I feel great! P90X has really done wonders for not only my health, but my lifestyle. My gf says I've been brainwashed by Tony cause it seems like I talk about it all the time and even try to force it onto her. :lol

Hey I know what you mean...that's why after 2 rounds, I decided to switch things up and do my hybrid routine....and it's been during this phase that i've been seeing the most drastic changes, but of course the first 2 rounds could have "loosened the jar lid" so to speak. At any rate, next week i'm back to full on P90X and i'm curious to see what this round does for me.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
ocadman said:

yeah the X will change your life. I now find myself calculating an appropriate time to eat so that I never get hungry, keeping an eye on my caloric intake, protein intake (make sure it's at least adequate), and reading lots of fitness/nutrition articles online. Livestrong.com has some good articles, and the weekly P90X Newsletter on Beachbody.com makes for a good read too.

I also find myself talking about the workouts with the gf a lot, though she doesn't really ding me for it, because she did the first two weeks with me, so she can relate a little I guess :lol

OmniGamer said:
Hey I know what you mean...that's why after 2 rounds, I decided to switch things up and do my hybrid routine....and it's been during this phase that i've been seeing the most drastic changes, but of course the first 2 rounds could have "loosened the jar lid" so to speak. At any rate, next week i'm back to full on P90X and i'm curious to see what this round does for me.
What's your hybrid routine look like? Right now I have a P90X+ and INSANITY routine mapped out. I opted for X+ because it gives me a break from the X workouts (which I too was beginning to get tired of, esp. coming out of Doubles) and because of the shorter workout time (about 40 mins on average).

I worked INSANITY into the mix to help me reach my goal of fat loss (I'm hoping my belly will be significantly smaller by the end of all this), and I believe it could work. My INSANITY workout the other day made me feel like my body was about to call it quits :lol

But nothing could really go wrong if I just keep pushing play, right? :D

(aside from injury mid-workout, of course.)

OmniGamer

bionic77 said:
What is your hybrid routine? Is it still 6 days a week?

It's a co-opted version of a workout routine I found online a couple of years ago and got good results from. It's basically 4 exercises, 5 sets each, and ideally 5 reps of very heavy weights, but since that's not an option for me, I do reps in the 10-20 range, and max reps for the pushups, ala P90X. It's very leg heavy(really gets a sweat going at the start), and it's an A/B/A, B/A/B pattern, alternating weekly. I do this on a standard Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule

So, Workout A for me is

Dumbbell Squats, 5x20
Pushups 5xMax (each set is a different version, regular, military, wide, diamond, and reg again)
Dumbbell Back Rows 5x15
Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extention 5x15

Workout B is

Dumbbell Squats 5x20
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 5x15 (i've now added 2 sets of the P90X In&Outs after this, 16reps)
Wide-Front Pullups 5x15, or whatever I can muster up, sometimes a couple more, sometimes a couple less
Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curl 5x10 (i've now added 2 sets of Hammer Curls at the end)

On Tuesdays I try to do Plyo or some kind of cardio, same with thursday. The past couple of weeks i've been adding Cardio-X in the mornings on the weight days, in which case, I leave out the Squats part, but just do 30reps of the Deep Prayer squats to get warmed up and then stretch before starting. Ab Ripper X is done as much as i can manage during the week...first part of this month I didn't get to do much of it, but i'm back on it now.

In general I just listen to my body and plug in or take out as needed. If i'm at low ebb on a particular weight day, I may take out the squats so as not to get too pre-exhausted and save my energy for the other exercises. And as stated, it's pretty leg heavy on its own, and even moreso with the plyo and other P90X stuff, so if need be i may go a whole week without doing squats. My legs are my strongsuit and can afford the break.

Oh, and mid-way through doing this (6 week mark), I did the P90X recovery week...which reminds me, I may do that again next week before shifting right back into Phase 1 again.

So I'm going to start doing this on Monday but I'm confused on the diet. I'm trying to follow th guide to a t, but if I have a full time job and need to workout in the afternoon, should i change the snacks around? Wait till I workout to have a recovery drink and protein bar? The entire diet is a little confusing to be honest.

kurahadol

I plan on starting this soon here too, what kind of equipment should I be picking up? From my understanding I'll need a yoga mat, resistance pulleys or chin up bar...not sure what else?

Don't want to start doing this and then realize I don't have the things I need heh.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
kurahadol said:
I plan on starting this soon here too, what kind of equipment should I be picking up? From my understanding I'll need a yoga mat, resistance pulleys or chin up bar...not sure what else?

Don't want to start doing this and then realize I don't have the things I need heh.
I would also recommend a yoga block, or some other platform-type object to help you reach the floor in some stretches, or add extra stretch distance.

If you're going with bands, make sure you have a variety of them so that you can have a fair amount of resistance when using them in place of a chin up bar. I personally recommend the bar, but that's just me. I wanted to be able to say I was able to lift my fat ass up :lol

ocadman said:
I held Crane pose for 5 seconds!!! :lol
That pose is no joke. I started off at 5 secs, but now I can go about 20-30 secs before falling out of it now :D. You get to a point where all you have to do is just focus and breathe through it, and the balance becomes natural. And trust me, my other balance moves are shit. Tree and Royal Dancer is a fall-fest for me

ArachosiA 78 said:
Nice results, Castrillo. Yeah, I'd say one more round and you'll be at 10% bodyfat or less.
I hope you're even halfway right about that, thanks! :D

ocadman

Just got P90X plus. I'm about to start Phase 3, Week 11. Like I said earlier, I was getting tired of doing the workouts. I'm thinking of switching to P90X Plus for these last two weeks or should I just stick with the regular P90X routine the final 2 weeks. Almost there...

f-castrillo

Neo Member
ocadman said:
Just got P90X plus. I'm about to start Phase 3, Week 11. Like I said earlier, I was getting tired of doing the workouts. I'm thinking of switching to P90X Plus for these last two weeks or should I just stick with the regular P90X routine the final 2 weeks. Almost there...
At most, I would replace Plyo and Kenpo X with Interval X Plus and Kenpo Cardio Plus. The other three workouts (total body and upper body plus, abs/core plus) don't really fit the classic X schedule because they target several body parts at once.

I would say replace the X cardio with the Plus cardio, and otherwise finish P90X as designed. Since you're in your final few weeks, you probably want to finish strong instead of ending the 90 days with something brand new. Bring it 200% in the remaining days, then start off fresh and strong in Round 2 :D

ocadman

f-castrillo said:
At most, I would replace Plyo and Kenpo X with Interval X Plus and Kenpo Cardio Plus. The other three workouts (total body and upper body plus, abs/core plus) don't really fit the classic X schedule because they target several body parts at once.

I would say replace the X cardio with the Plus cardio, and otherwise finish P90X as designed. Since you're in your final few weeks, you probably want to finish strong instead of ending the 90 days with something brand new. Bring it 200% in the remaining days, then start off fresh and strong in Round 2 :D

Alright thanks. It's just that I HATE the Chest/Back,Shoulders/Arm,Legs/Back sequence. I was just looking for an excuse not to do it. :lol I much prefer the Chest/Arms,Back/Bi,Legs/Back sequence. I will probably replace Kenpo X with the Plus version however.

Two more weeks not counting the recovery week!

f-castrillo

Neo Member
ocadman said:
Alright thanks. It's just that I HATE the Chest/Back,Shoulders/Arm,Legs/Back sequence. I was just looking for an excuse not to do it. :lol I much prefer the Chest/Arms,Back/Bi,Legs/Back sequence. I will probably replace Kenpo X with the Plus version however.

Two more weeks not counting the recovery week!
Really? I actually like that set because I do a little less weight switching. During Back & Biceps and Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps, my workout time skyrockets because I'm always switching up the weights (I have weighted plates that clamp on to a bar). It's the phase 2 workouts that I used to dread, solely because of that :lol

Magnus

I started again yesterday and couldn't believe how much better I felt after just one day of exercise. I thought this day one went a lot better than either of my previous day ones.

I just need to fucking follow through this time. Due to excuses or just plain schedule overload, I've never made it past week 3. But man I remember how awesome I felt that third week.

I need to get there and surpass it to get to day 90! Pray for my soul GAF. Plyo inc this afternoon.

And great results @some of the posters earlier. Hope to follow in your footsteps and then some!

tralfazz

ocadman said:

What I did was continue the normal workouts but added the Cardio Interval and Kenpo Cardio as doubles for the last 6 weeks.

I finished the program a couple of weeks ago. Shed 39 pounds and won my work's Biggest Loser contest. Of course I had to spend all my winnings on new clothes as I dropped 2 sizes on pants and one size on shirts. Felt great and ready to start Insanity with P90X weight training skedge as a double.

Numpt3

Ok guys I ordered a copy of p90x the other day after deciding to give it a try. I have a pull up bar, bands and a mat so I guess I'm all set. I eat pretty healthily already so I don't think that's much of a worry... My only question is do you really need to take supplements to get the best out of it and if so which are the best?

ocadman

f-castrillo said:
Really? I actually like that set because I do a little less weight switching. During Back & Biceps and Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps, my workout time skyrockets because I'm always switching up the weights (I have weighted plates that clamp on to a bar). It's the phase 2 workouts that I used to dread, solely because of that :lol
I don't mind weight switching. I use it to rest! Plus, aside from the pullups, I like that I'm doing a different exercise for the most part.

tralfazz said:
What I did was continue the normal workouts but added the Cardio Interval and Kenpo Cardio as doubles for the last 6 weeks.

I finished the program a couple of weeks ago. Shed 39 pounds and won my work's Biggest Loser contest. Of course I had to spend all my winnings on new clothes as I dropped 2 sizes on pants and one size on shirts. Felt great and ready to start Insanity with P90X weight training skedge as a double.
I wish I had time to do doubles, but I work full time and go to school part time, so it's hard enough trying to make time just to do P90X.

Congrats on the 39 pounds! That is really the one thing that I hate about doing this.:lol All my clothes are too big and I am now being forced to buy better fitting clothes...Damn you Tony for making me spend more money.

m0ngo said:
Ok guys I ordered a copy of p90x the other day after deciding to give it a try. I have a pull up bar, bands and a mat so I guess I'm all set. I eat pretty healthily already so I don't think that's much of a worry... My only question is do you really need to take supplements to get the best out of it and if so which are the best?
All I do is take a multi-vitamin and a protein shake in the morning and a protein shake after I workout. That's pretty much it supplement wise and I think I've gotten pretty favorable results so far. I try to get all my nutrients from just eating right and it looks like you got that down already. Welcome and good luck. Just keep on pressing play.

kurahadol

So I got myself a chin up bar, it's on of those on the door frame. Though I'm a bit scared of it ripping the framing off haha. Anything I should worry about with this?

effzee

Earlier in this thread I asked a few questions...have one more:

How does P90X compare to Insanity? Are they both designed just for weight loss and muscle toning? I know a couple of females, including my GF, who want to do p90x but then they heard of Insanity and are leaning towards that because it does not involve pull ups or weights.

tralfazz

From what I've seen you need to be able to do P90X Plyo pretty well just to keep up with the Cardio routines in Insanity. Glad I've been doing the Kenpo Cardio and Cardio Interval or else I wouldn't be ready to try Insanity yet.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
tralfazz said:
From what I've seen you need to be able to do P90X Plyo pretty well just to keep up with the Cardio routines in Insanity. Glad I've been doing the Kenpo Cardio and Cardio Interval or else I wouldn't be ready to try Insanity yet.
Being able to do plyo at the pace of Tony and the kids is a definite plus when it comes to how long you can hang with the INSANITY workouts. I had Plyo down real good - only took breaks when Tony and them did, and I went at their pace in all of the workouts. As a result, I'm able to keep up pretty well with Shaun T and his posse in the leg-centric portions of the INSANITY workouts. However, a lot of the moves are synergistic and require lots of core work. I can also keep pace and intensity with Ab Ripper X, but that didn't fully prepare me for all the core moves in INSANITY. "Ski Abs" and "In and Outs" (not the X workout) continues to make me crumble :lol

f-castrillo

Neo Member
effzee said:
Earlier in this thread I asked a few questions...have one more:

How does P90X compare to Insanity? Are they both designed just for weight loss and muscle toning? I know a couple of females, including my GF, who want to do p90x but then they heard of Insanity and are leaning towards that because it does not involve pull ups or weights.
They are both intense programs, but they have entirely different foci. P90X focuses on overall total body fitness, with equal parts resistance/weight training and cardiovascular exercise. INSANITY emphasizes cardiovascular training much more than resistance training - doing the exercises is a guaranteed way to skyrocket your heart rate quickly :D

P90X will allow you to lose fat and build muscle simultaneously, so don't be surprised if you don't see a huge decrease in weight on the scale, as the muscle you build up is denser (and as a result, heavier) than the fat you're burning off. INSANITY will probably allow you to shed fat faster than in P90X.

That said, P90X gets you a really good fitness base. I got some results, and decided to push it further with X+ and INSANITY. Based upon my first few INSANITY workouts, I would've been struggling significantly more if I hadn't done the X in the first place.

If they think they can do it, INSANITY is probably a better starting choice for them. It will strengthen their cardiovascular system and allow them to shed off fat like no tomorrow - I'm assuming that's why they wanna do it, right? Then if they're really into it at the end of the 60 days, run them through P90X so they can further refine what they've achieved through toning and strength training.

methodman

Banned
I looking to gain weight so I was thinking of changing my diet to proteins (shakes, meats) + p90x. Is there any specific workout I can do to try to help me gain weight along with p90x or just do thr regular program and see what happens?

f-castrillo

Neo Member
methodman said:
I looking to gain weight so I was thinking of changing my diet to proteins (shakes, meats) + p90x. Is there any specific workout I can do to try to help me gain weight along with p90x or just do thr regular program and see what happens?
I would say do the regular workouts, but alter your diet. The X diet has you eating at a calorie deficit by default, so make sure to eat more calories than you expend in a day while making sure you you eat healthy food choices.

At the end of the day, more calories consumed than expended = weight gain.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Question to the X/X+/INSANITY veterans:

I want to modify my current schedule for my newly-started Round 2 so that I have a little more ab emphasis. Here's what I'm doing right now.

Day 1: Upper Body Plus, Abs/Core Plus
Day 2: Plyo Cardio Circuit, Abs/Core Plus
Day 3: Total Body Plus
Day 4: Fountain of Youth Yoga
Day 5: Pure Cardio, Ab Ripper X
Day 6: Cardio Power and Resistance
Day 7: Rest/X-stretch

For those who may not know, Abs/Core Plus is not nearly as intense a workout as Ab Ripper X, as ACP targets more core muscles at once, while ARX hits ab muscles specifically. Because of this, the default P90X+ schedule has ACP in the week 3x (one on day 1 and 2, and one on day 5). My Abs/Core Plus schedule basically mimics the classic X+ Classic schedule, with one exception. As you can see, I replaced the 3rd ACP with ARX because...well...I wanted to continue to work on the abs :lol

That said, I want to move Ab Ripper X to an earlier day so that I can toss in INSANITY's "Cardio Abs" workout for a little extra ab workout. My week would then look like this:

Day 1: Upper Body Plus, Abs/Core Plus
Day 2: Plyo Cardio Circuit, Abs/Core Plus
Day 3: Total Body Plus, Ab Ripper X
Day 4: Fountain of Youth Yoga
Day 5: Pure Cardio, Cardio Abs
Day 6: Cardio Power and Resistance
Day 7: Rest/X-stretch

So I have two questions.

1.) With Abs/Core Plus being much easier than Ab Ripper X (from my own experience), would there be a problem doing Ab Ripper X on day 3 (in relation to adequate recovery time)?

2.) On the topic of recovery time, this revised schedule gives me 5 days of ab workouts in a row (because Fountain of Youth has a short Yoga Belly section). Could Abs/Core Plus and the Yoga Belly exercises act as a sort of "active recovery"? Or is this doing too much?

yonder

Napoleonthechimp said:
Fuck Plyometrics. I'm doing Cardio X instead for a month until I'm fit enough for it.
Have you tried modifying it? When I did plyo for the first time I worked at about half the intensity the guys in the video were working at, hardly did any jumping at all, but squatted instead. I did what I could, basically. At the end of phase three I was working harder than the guys in the video. The best way to get better at plyo is to do plyo. Just modify.

effzee

f-castrillo said:
They are both intense programs, but they have entirely different foci. P90X focuses on overall total body fitness, with equal parts resistance/weight training and cardiovascular exercise. INSANITY emphasizes cardiovascular training much more than resistance training - doing the exercises is a guaranteed way to skyrocket your heart rate quickly :D

P90X will allow you to lose fat and build muscle simultaneously, so don't be surprised if you don't see a huge decrease in weight on the scale, as the muscle you build up is denser (and as a result, heavier) than the fat you're burning off. INSANITY will probably allow you to shed fat faster than in P90X.

That said, P90X gets you a really good fitness base. I got some results, and decided to push it further with X+ and INSANITY. Based upon my first few INSANITY workouts, I would've been struggling significantly more if I hadn't done the X in the first place.

If they think they can do it, INSANITY is probably a better starting choice for them. It will strengthen their cardiovascular system and allow them to shed off fat like no tomorrow - I'm assuming that's why they wanna do it, right? Then if they're really into it at the end of the 60 days, run them through P90X so they can further refine what they've achieved through toning and strength training.

Thanks man this helps a lot!

Yonn said:
Have you tried modifying it? When I did plyo for the first time I worked at about half the intensity the guys in the video were working at, hardly did any jumping at all, but squatted instead. I did what I could, basically. At the end of phase three I was working harder than the guys in the video. The best way to get better at plyo is to do plyo. Just modify.
I work in retail from 12:00 to 20:00 and get home at 21:00 so I can't really use up all my energy in the mornings on Plyo. I need to build up my endurance rather than my strength as my legs are reasonably strong due to constantly being on my feet all day and lifting heavy things at work.

lachesis

Gah....

Since my first 90 days, I've been off about 3 weeks now.

I was thinking about starting last monday, but I have so many things going on right now (buying a new home, selling my current home, fixing up my current place for sale, etc etc), and having many agents/clients coming by all weekend long and all - just couldn't bring myself up for my 2nd round.

My hard earned muscle mass is going away like crazy. My arms are wimpy again, and my man boobs seems to be coming back. :( My weight have been stable at 169, but I feel very mushy. Low on energy, etc etc. Being old, means gaining muscle slower, and losing faster, I guess. :(

I wanted to start again yesterday, but fell asleep because I was so tired... gotta start again. Today will be the first of my 2nd round. I'm actually only few lbs from my original goal - I wanted to get down to 160 to 165 lbs, where I was at 187. Now I'm at 169 lbs, so I don't think another 5 lbs would be anything impossible for 2nd round. :)

Actually I've been checking out other excercise program reviews. I even borrowed Jillan Michael's 30 day shed DVD from a friend of mine - because it seems to be a short 30 min excercise. I could do 30 min fine, but after skimping through the DVD, it seems it's geared toward women. She's saying things like "oh, imagine going Jean shopping" while doing sit-ups. I can't motivate myself of going a crowded shopping mall! (Yes, I'm one of those men who sit in the corner while the wife is busy shopping in the mall.)

Then again, when I was reading and checking out some other "men" oriented ones - I felt more or less "threatened" by the instructor, like they are going to beat me upto thin pulp or what not, just by looking at them. (Talking about insecurity... LOL) I guess I'm too accustomed to Tony's goofball attitude... and do my best and forget the rest.

Numpt3

ocadman said:
All I do is take a multi-vitamin and a protein shake in the morning and a protein shake after I workout. That's pretty much it supplement wise and I think I've gotten pretty favorable results so far. I try to get all my nutrients from just eating right and it looks like you got that down already. Welcome and good luck. Just keep on pressing play.

Thank you for the info, I shall look into it. Don't worry I plan on succeeding with this.. looking forward to getting started now :D

dorkimoe

Ive been wanting to start this. I have dumbells, i think the only thing i need are bands correct?
I dont need to lose any weight..not even a pound, but i would like to be in shape and maybe toned, any recommendations for a routine? Would be very appreciative. (i have the dvds already, borrowed from my dad)

Also if i have no intention of eating healthy is that ok, considering i dont wanna lose weight? just get some muscle..

dorkimoe said:
Ive been wanting to start this. I have dumbells, i think the only thing i need are bands correct?
I dont need to lose any weight..not even a pound, but i would like to be in shape and maybe toned, any recommendations for a routine? Would be very appreciative. (i have the dvds already, borrowed from my dad)

Also if i have no intention of eating healthy is that ok, considering i dont wanna lose weight? just get some muscle..
Not really. You can't gain muscle without altering your diet to include more protein.

lachesis

dorkimoe said:

Well, the reason body builders eat ton of protein is to gain the muscle.
You also need to eat ton of protein, and as little fat to gain some muscle "defintion".

Yes, you will probably get in shape by eating junk food too - but the fat layer is going to cover your hard earned muscle... like my abs. LOL. It's somewhere underneath my belly fat.. somewhere way way down there.. ;)

Magnus

Man, mustering up the energy to do this shit every day is the big challenge. I have time and want to do it, but find myself so lethargic just two days in. :lol

If I can find a food/drink combo to give me an energy boost an hour or more before a planned workout, is that going to hinder me in the long run? And if not, any suggestions for how and what to eat in that two hour window before a workout? (knowing of course that eating within the hour before the workout is not ideal for a number of reasons)

dorkimoe

ok well ill try and eat a little healthier and get some protein in my diet. I assume i can just do a different dvd every day?

Anth0ny

Started doing the entire program again. Just finished day 2 (plyo)... it's still as much of a bitch as it was when I first did it last year :lol

I HATE IT... BUT I LOVE IT

f-castrillo

Neo Member
dorkimoe said:
ok well ill try and eat a little healthier and get some protein in my diet. I assume i can just do a different dvd every day?
That's what the program is. Phase 1 involves 7 DVDs if you include X-Stretch, and Phase 2 has you swap out two DVDs for two new ones.

Magnus said:
If I can find a food/drink combo to give me an energy boost an hour or more before a planned workout, is that going to hinder me in the long run? And if not, any suggestions for how and what to eat in that two hour window before a workout? (knowing of course that eating within the hour before the workout is not ideal for a number of reasons)
Finding a good "energy boosting" meal 1-2 hours before a workout is definitely not a bad thing. You want to be able to have your blood sugar levels up so that you can power through the workout with everything you've got. If you're going to work out after a meal, make sure you've got a balanced amount of protein and carbs in there, depending on which phase of the diet plan you're following.

I do most of my workouts after a morning snack, which is usually a strawberry banana smoothie. I let the smoothie sit in my stomach for 45 mins or so (since it's liquified, it spends less time in the stomach) and when I feel like my blood sugar is on its way up, I start my workout. After lunch or after a afternoon snack is also a good time to work out, but early morning may leave you feeling more tired than usual in your workout.

ocadman

Today was a Plyo X day and I decided to try the Insanity Plyo on a whim. Holy fucking shit. Insanity is just on a whole other cardio wise than any of the the Cardio exercises in P90X. It really does live up to its name. I think I sweat more in the first 15 min than in the whole Plyo X routine. I nearly died during the Level 1 drills. It really does kick your ass and I'm considering trying it after my 1st Round of P90X.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
ocadman said:
Today was a Plyo X day and I decided to try the Insanity Plyo on a whim. Holy fucking shit. Insanity is just on a whole other cardio wise than any of the the Cardio exercises in P90X. It really does live up to its name. I think I sweat more in the first 15 min than in the whole Plyo X routine. I nearly died during the Level 1 drills. It really does kick your ass and I'm considering trying it after my 1st Round of P90X.
Yeah man, INSANITY is truly insane. Those wide football sprints ("sprint, face right, face straight, etc.") are really killer, especially since it happens at the max intensity level at the end of one of the sets :lol

Though I must say that having done it twice now, it's much more bearable. The first week of INSANITY was ridiculous, but this second week is more palatable because my body is a little more used to it.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
thorin said:
All this Insanity talk has me interested. How long are the Insanity videos?
Much of the month 1 videos are 40-45 mins long. I think in month 2, it goes up to 55 mins-1 hour, not so bad when you consider the old X workouts averaged over 1 hour with Ab Ripper X included.

thorin

f-castrillo said:
Much of the month 1 videos are 40-45 mins long. I think in month 2, it goes up to 55 mins-1 hour, not so bad when you consider the old X workouts averaged over 1 hour with Ab Ripper X included.
That's good to hear. I think I'll try adding it to the mix when my 90 days are done.

Top Bottom