• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Football game(s) will you be buying?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Alright guys, I just wanted to get a run down of which Football game(s) you guys will be getting this year. NCAA Football 2005, Madden 2005, and ESPN NFL2K5? Also list if you will be online and which system.

I will be getting:

Madden 2005 Xbox Online
ESPN NFL 2K5 Xbox Online

Gamertag: Gunstar77

Megafoo Chavez

I love EGM
does xbox's madden 2005 let to people link up tvs and play each other. i dont wanna play in the same room on the same tv as my gay friends

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
madden
espn
ncaa

NCAA for offline mainly, because of the great dynasty mode, and Madden and ESPN for online play, most likely. The only game that I might buy for the PS2 is Madden, because of the collector's edition :) Can't say that that marketing strategy isn't working on me...

PS: Wtf, you want to play system link football?! Offline multiplayer is so much more fun than online. If you hate your friends, then don't play with them. Weird.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I'm going to get Madden and 2k5. I'm also going to join in on the forum leagues this year if there is a spot available when they start up.

Ramirez

NCAA (PS2)
Madden (PS2)
ESPN (Xbox)

If all goes as planned and I attend the college Im supposed to,I should finally have BB access,heh.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
NCAA (PS2)
Madden (PS2)
ESPN (Xbox)

If all goes as planned and I attend the college Im supposed to,I should finally have BB access,heh.

Finally, man some of those games against you in ESPN were a challenge just to finish.

ESPN. I got the PS2 version for 2004, but I want the XBX version now (tons of save space, purty gfx). Problem is I love the PS2 control setup for the game and can't imagine being confortable w/ the XBX pad for it. Looks like I'm getting a Magic Box for the XBX...

DCX

DCX
The only football i have been buying since 1999...Sega's own, this year...ESPN NFL 2k5

DCX

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm leaning towards getting Madden & ESPN, Xbox. Maybe I'll get NCAA, too. I got sucked in on the hype train last year, same thing could happen again.

Meier

Got Madden for 38 bucks during that DDD snafu.. will also buy ESPN now at launch most likely. Both Xbox.

shpankey

not an idiot
I already got NCAA and Madden for $36 (total, shipping, tax and all). I may buy ESPN if the $20 thing holds up and I am convinced it doesn't suck like last years version.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
shpankey said:
I already got NCAA and Madden for $36 (total, shipping, tax and all). I may buy ESPN if the $20 thing holds up and I am convinced it doesn't suck like last years version.

eh? 36$ 2004, right?

i will elaborate.

about 3 nights ago, deepdiscountdvd.com had a sale going on. 20% off everything + free shipping. just so happens that one of the few games they carry are madden 2005 and ncaa 2005, both of which they are selling for $45.99 regular price... plus another 20% off, plus free shipping. and that is how you could have gotten madden and ncaa for $36 shipped. ace!

JayFro

Banned
I paid for my ESPN 2K5 in full yesterday ($19.99). If I don't like it I can always get Madden sooner or later.

Right now I plan on getting all three football titles. I have ESPN preordered, will definately be getting Madden, and will probably also get NCAA. I will be playing them all online, although probably only on weekends and vacation days. I'll probably get them all on XBOX as well, unless I fall for the collector's edition scheme.

XBOX Live Tag: SarpedonsFate

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Espn for xbox
Ncaa for xbox if the final build is good,if its poop of course the ps2 version
Madden I still havent made up my mind,xbox or CE :( ughhh which to get :(

I'm going to be broke.

yacobod

Banned
ncaa (ps2) - already pre-ordered
madden (ps2)

espn 2k5 (ps2) - for 19.99 i can maybe learn to like the series, worth a chance at the price

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Xbox NCAA
Xbox Madden
Xbox ESPN
PS2 Madden Collector's Edition (what can I say, I'm a Madden nerd, I have every edition of Madden so I have to get this one too)

Top Bottom