• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which trailer was better? BOTW or TOTK

Choose!!

• BOTW

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • TOTK

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin

+Awesome music that matches the trailer's tempo
+Has the benefit of being the first Zelda on the new system adding extra hype
+The music at 2:38 and 2:50

+Saxophone @ 2:10
+Fast Paced, stock full in each scene that encourages you to watch the trailer again.
+Watching NPCs fight alongside with you for the first time was awesome
- for some reason the trailer feels that it abruptly ends. But that's me being nitpicky

Personally I love both, but BOTW wins me over.

Edit: thanks mods for moving to the correct forum

Last edited:
TOTK's trailer is like any 90s part 2 movie trailer. Bigger, bolder, bombastic, and all of your favorites return...but you aren't exactly sure if it will live up to it since part 1 already happened.

There's a big range of sequel quality:

Terminator 2
TMNT 2
Lethal Weapon 2
Ghostbusters 2
Die Hard 2
Batman Returns
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
By default it’s going to be BotW because it was our first look of this type of Zelda which was new and exciting.

As a game I like TotK better but since we already experienced BotW, the trailer got TotK will look less exciting…it just human nature.

Trilobit

BotW because it was so groundbreaking(for Zelda). TotK is bigger and more, so I guess you'll prefer that if you don't have the subtle tastebuds of a European.

Now if you don't mind I need to get back to my soirée.
avatars-000018407697-7sdlin-t500x500.jpg

Last edited:

BlackTron

BOTW is one of the best game trailers of all time, but I don't like watching it because it makes me nostalgic for a time I thought BOTW might have a story, be dramatic, have music, and be interesting for someone to watch being played like OOT. Kinda got my family hyped for second coming of N64 days and it ended up being a walkathon about getting to see stuff and grinding you can really only play alone.

kunonabi

It's been a long day and I can't think straight. But how so? (For both).
TotK makes you think it's the OG Ganondorf and that he's actually going to be a real antagonist through the current story instead of just rehashing the memory shit and 90% of his screen time happening in the past with a bunch of nobodies.

My bad I'm thinking more of trailer 2.

Robb

Gold Member
Both of these are some of the best trailer Nintendo has ever made imo.

Watching them again I’d give the edge to BotW solely based on the trailer footage alone. The way they cut it with all the memories is great, even though it feels disingenuous after actually having played it.

Top Bottom