• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles 2 |OT| of WKC 1+1

Shouta

Yeah, it's balls. I don't want to play part 1 over again just to be able to play online, bleh.

Anyway, difficulty in part 2 jumped up pretty significantly. I've died a few times already though a bit of it is from mistakes. But really, the enemy density and difficulty of the larger enemies is a lot more noticable. :lol

Lucis

Shouta said:
Yeah, it's balls. I don't want to play part 1 over again just to be able to play online, bleh.

Anyway, difficulty in part 2 jumped up pretty significantly. I've died a few times already though a bit of it is from mistakes. But really, the enemy density and difficulty of the larger enemies is a lot more noticable. :lol

i don't remember game over ever in part 1... however i did game over a few times in part 2, not because i died, it's because stupid NPC died, it's so lame, there was one battle i literally had to tell everyoneto stay away from enemy so that the npc won't die

Shouta

Kirashi said:
i don't remember game over ever in part 1... however i did game over a few times in part 2, not because i died, it's because stupid NPC died, it's so lame, there was one battle i literally had to tell everyoneto stay away from enemy so that the npc won't die

I haven't had a problem with NPCs dying, just getting myself killed by rushing or the enemy doing more damage then I expected. Or running out of resources.

I'm right towards the end of the game, right at Redhorn Island. I want to get more stuff for my Arc Knight but ugh, I have to raise my GR and that's really tedious to me solo. I may just finish the game and dump it at GR12.

Cornbread78

has anyone heard of any possible release dates for a NA or International version of the game? I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of it in English!

Suzzopher

Cornbread78 said:
has anyone heard of any possible release dates for a NA or International version of the game? I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of it in English!

I too would love to know this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cornbread78 said:

I don't think anything has been mentioned as of yet.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Cornbread78 said:
Considering this is a Level-5 game, it'll probably be released in the US in 2012.

Phloxy

It just doesn't make sense to bother making a western version for the U.S if their is no plan at all to bring over the sequel. I need part two badddddd.

squall211

Suzzopher said:
You think it's unlikely?

Nah, it'll come out here. But keep in mind it took 14 or so months for the first game to come out, so I wouldn't expect part 2 until at least summer 2011.

Seventy5

I really hope we don't get shafted on the sequel, I really got into part 1 despite the flaws, and the improvements for WKC2 are exactly what I wanted from it. Until Dead Rising 2 came out, I was playing online & offline for a month or so and there seems to be a small but really dedicated community. Is there an Asian version out, and if so, would I be able to import from my US save game?

If this gets a stateside release, I'll check it out. I've always wanted to check out White Knight Chronicles but it's always been so damned expensive, no matter where I go.

"2" games in one? Cool stuff.

Edit:

Aannnnnnnnd, I see the NA voice over stuff. Sold.

Yazuka

It would be really nice if we didn't have to wait a more than a year to get this WKC2 in english. So I'm hoping it will be released early next year.

Takao

Banned
Good thing Level-5 isn't developing the PSP one then, 'cause the PSP3D would be around by the time the localization was done and ready to hit the shelves.

Jomjom

Banned
I apologize for my ignorance, but I am not familiar with the details of the sequel. I understand that the first game is included on the disc? I recently bought the first WKC and was thinking of starting it soon. Should I now or should I just wait until WKC2 comes out?

NateDrake

D3 is publishing the game in North America this summer. Saw an article about it just a moment ago. I'd post a link but the article pretty much only said a summer release and D3 is publishing it. Nothing new or anything.

Suzzopher

NateDrake said:
D3 is publishing the game in North America this summer. Saw an article about it just a moment ago. I'd post a link but the article pretty much only said a summer release and D3 is publishing it. Nothing new or anything.

Wow. So Sony have passed on it in America? But SCEE are publishing in Europe still at least.

Ellis Kim

Banned
What happened with this game? I totally forgot it even existed until I was comparing trophies with someone a few moments ago.

D3's publishing, huh? Wasn't 8-4 responsible for the first one's localisation?

Aeana

Ellis Kim said:
What happened with this game? I totally forgot it even existed until I was comparing trophies with someone a few moments ago.

D3's publishing, huh? Wasn't 8-4 responsible for the first one's localisation?
Publisher change doesn't preclude 8-4's involvement. I wouldn't worry. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... that song.

I3rand0

How do I ruin good music?

They need to either remove the vocals like in the original NA version or keep the original vocals in. Just a preview of what's to come from the rest of the localization. I do not have high expectations for D3.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So is the end/late game grind fixed in the sequel?

I would have loved to do more georama/online after finishing the SP, but it was too daunting to have to spend a couple hundred hours at least.

I don't know why everyone doesn't just follow the example set out by the team that localized the original wild arms. The theme that most people recognize was originally sung in the japanese version instead of whistled.

No singing is needed at all for the WKC theme, the instrumentals are decent enough. I just hope they don't do a TV spot with that.

creid

Eurogamer said:
Far too often, plot points exist to facilitate thinly-veiled and uninspired fetch quests - a huge disappointment coming from a developer whose work with the Professor Layton series exhibits boundless creativity in this regard.
Is this a joke? IIRC in Layton games there is no "creative" reason behind 95% of the puzzles. It's all "Hey, you just crossed the street. That reminds me of a street-crossing puzzle that I'd like your help with..."

Top Bottom