• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are the best bros in gaming?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
You know them and have met them. They're typically male characters who join you fairly on in your quest and stay until the end. They never second-guess their loyalty and you can always rely on them to have your back. Some of them aren't necessarily smart and they can screw up because of that, but they always mean well. A brother isn't always a friend but a friend is always a bro.

Some examples: Garrus Vakarian from Mass Effect, Dominic Santiago from Gears of War, Garret from Golden Sun, Mallow from Super Mario RPG, Ryuji from Persona 5, and Clank from Ratchet & Clank.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Video Games Nintendo GIF by GIPHY Gaming

amigastar

Lance Vance and Victor Vance from GTA

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
CesarVialpando-GTASA-Artwork.jpg

Sweet was your brother, but he did a lot of bitching and whining. Cesar was a true bro.

Deacon St. John and Boozer. Deacon sticks with an injured Boozer in the middle of a freaker outbreak and talks him out of suicide. Boozer is the only witness at Deacon's wedding and his best man. Boozer sticks his neck out any time Deacon is in trouble and takes the heat when shit spirals.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yangus from Dragon Quest VIII gave me bro vibes through the whole game.

yangus_1633.webp

He's friendly, loyal, fun, useful, a romantic, loyal again, and is even willing to sacrifice himself for the sake of the party.

Love this dude.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The biggest bro in video games:

hearthstone.jpg

Is there anyone else that stays by your side from the second you set foot in the world, through literal weeks, months, years of in-game time? Don't think so.

Toots

Gold Member
Deceives you and makes you lie to your wife, almost ruining your marriage in the process?
For a single child, the day someone does that to them is the most important day of their life. For anyone with a big brother, it's just a tuesday.

game over streetfighter GIF

But really it was Nate who choose not to tell his wife because i guess he thought she was a total moron who would prevent him from going on an adventure to save his long lost brother's life, i mean it's not like she was herself quite the adventurer and might have contacts to help them in any way. To know why Nate suddenly acts like he has one braincell, ask neil druckmann.

Mr Hyde

Deacon St. John and Boozer. Deacon sticks with an injured Boozer in the middle of a freaker outbreak and talks him out of suicide. Boozer is the only witness at Deacon's wedding and his best man. Boozer sticks his neck out any time Deacon is in trouble and takes the heat when shit spirals.

maxresdefault.jpg

I really liked their friendship. It was well written and memorable. A good showcase of real camaraderie.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I really liked their friendship. It was well written and memorable. A good showcase of real camaraderie.

Yeah it felt surprisingly grounded for a couple guys who are pretty damn close with each other. A real rarity nowadays actually. Unless they're gay.

The whole mission where you find Boozer the puppy still makes me a little choked up 🥺

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Deceives you and makes you lie to your wife, almost ruining your marriage in the process?

Nah. If anything, Sully is more fitting, but he's more of a mentor/father figure.
That was more of ND pointing out that Nate was an asshole.
The whole scene is out of place with the characters when Elena has done nothing but encouraged Drake even when he said it's not worth it.
Sure he lied but the way they put everything on Drake was kinda shitty when she is just as bad.

Top Bottom