• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Kaladin

okay, i PM'd a few of you from a page or so back who i thought might be interested...sorry if you're not, had to try though.

local gaffers gunsmith & bishopcruz should possibly be down to join, hopefully a few of ya'll can come out & meet!

Sorry, I need a more north FL location if I'm going.

IrishNinja

miami time, aka cuban time in some circles, means people show up whenever the fuck

traffic, heat, general disposition etc leaves me having pool party/BBQ's that i say start at 5 because many folks trickle in 7-8...a few around midnight, no matter what i say

*superbowl/events deemed socially important where outside forces set the start time may be exceptions, but not for everyone you invite
also, someone will miss because of a wedding, and at least one person will bring their cousin/friend/cousin's friend who goes by ito & they say is cool, but they're not cool and just kinda mope and drink your beer

Kaladin

miami time, aka cuban time in some circles, means people show up whenever the fuck

traffic, heat, general disposition etc leaves me having pool party/BBQ's that i say start at 5 because many folks trickle in 7-8...a few around midnight, no matter what i say

*superbowl/events deemed socially important where outside forces set the start time may be exceptions, but not for everyone you invite
also, someone will miss because of a wedding, and at least one person will bring their cousin/friend/cousin's friend who goes by ito & they say is cool, but they're not cool and just kinda mope and drink your beer

Ah ok, I've only been to Miami once and everything I went to was an event that was outside Miami time. I'm more used to the slow moving, nothing happening, island time.

IrishNinja

yeah, i like that too (my university was largely carribbean), i mean if nothing else at least it's consistent

the weirdest shit is telling people 5 and that one time you go for chips & booze at a quarter till, and they're all there bitching when you get back

Requiem

Pharm school at FAMU? BWHAHAHA. Prepare to work like an engineering student, and actually kind of worse imo.

Jobs are there...service jobs. But they're there.

Wait what's wrong with FAMU's pharmacy school? I haven't heard any bad things about it so far....

Pau

Sunday at 4 @ Tates Comics?

How the hell are we gonna know who is who. Is someone gonna hold a sign? lol
Real pic GAF won't have a problem! :D

Sunday sounds good. :) Maybe I can pick up a game to bring since Tate's has tables set up in the gaming satallite. (I just want an excuse to buy a boardgame.)

Kaladin

Jacksonville people, which music festival is this?

You have to zoom one level in to see the music festival because the level that it links at does not show it.

http://goo.gl/maps/BP0fu

I would think it's the Springing the Blues festival, but it says 2013 on the picture, and that festival is this weekend.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'll be home late Saturday night!

Hoping the drive from NY to Windermere goes smoothly.

equap

Banned
anybody got two tickets to Mumford & Sons for when they come to St. Augustine?

also, anybody going to Sunfest in may??

Link

The Autumn Wind
anybody got two tickets to Mumford & Sons for when they come to St. Augustine?

also, anybody going to Sunfest in may??
I usually go to Sunfest every year. This year's lineup isn't grabbing me much, but if I go, it'll probably be either Friday or Sunday.

IrishNinja

Wait, theres a meetup? I want in since Irish couldnt hook me up with a ride last time.

aw man, i still feel bad about that one - wasn't my call though, carpool outvoted me! ive still got the same truck, but a new battery so i can now make executive decisions, haha

Sunday at 4 @ Tates Comics?

How the hell are we gonna know who is who. Is someone gonna hold a sign? lol

if it helps:
a) i intend to wear my NEOGAF shirt in sega font
b) i am about the whitest man in south florida

Why is half of Florida-GAF banned?

best state stays on the defensive; one can assume this has to do with the heat's record, or perhaps the mods are simply on to us

Of course we do...Newman

z1pMY.gif

So now that it's getting warmer and muggier, the roaches are out in full effect. Giant ass sucker above my bedroom doorway when I wake up early in the morning to take a piss. Got my airsoft gun and popped that ish back to the stone age.

I have a small room, so there's nothing where they'd come out of hiding. The problem is that when I leave for the day, I need to block the crack under the door.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm in a second floor condo, so I don't deal with cockroaches often. I've been here for about 3 1/2 years, and I can probably count how many I've found on one hand.

I'm in a second floor condo, so I don't deal with cockroaches often. I've been here for about 3 1/2 years, and I can probably count how many I've found on one hand.

Where the hell do you live, lol. I live in Clearwater, 3rd floor of an apartment complex. If you live in one of those giant multiplex condos.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Where the hell do you live, lol. I live in Clearwater, 3rd floor of an apartment complex. If you live in one of those giant multiplex condos.
I'm in Broward County. Standard 1200 sq. ft. condo on a golf course. Two story building with a townhome style.

Kaladin

Its amazing. Bring a fishing pole and make sure you have everything u need before you go the local stores in town are expensive

Might go sometime this year, we'll see. I had kinda figured local stores would be expensive with how far everything else is.

Top Bottom