• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Link

The Autumn Wind
So despite the clusterfuck that was our planning, not a bad turnout. I had a good time. We forgot to take pictures, btw.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Considering how god-awful we are at organizing and coordinating and really anything of any use in these situations, that was a damn cool time. We should all do something nice for Urban Scholar, we're all still really confused how we missed each other :p Pau on the other hand will basically never be forgiven.

Nothing like a good Panic Attack.

Log4Girlz

Considering how god-awful we are at organizing and coordinating and really anything of any use in these situations, that was a damn cool time. We should all do something nice for Urban Scholar, we're all still really confused how we missed each other :p Pau on the other hand will basically never be forgiven.

What did Pau do?

ZeroRay

Despite our rather SoFla-Esque planning, I had a real good time. We should definitely do another one.

Sorry for missing you, Urban

IrishNinja

logz - herpes is no excuse

pau - haha cmon now "i dont feel like meeting people but if ya'll could tell me if they have some trigun i might show" that's cold!

urban - really am sorry man, don't know how we missed you....Zero & I were a bit late, i missed an exit & then had to run a quick nearby errand but i wanna say we were there @ 4:40, quarter till at the latest (i recall tates yelling we had 20 minutes left of the sale or so).

didnt see dreams, and Broseybrose where'd you go man?

still, had a great time & got to meet some cool people - much love to ZeroRay, Hawkian, Link, Bishopcruz, Gunsmithx & Tashie for coming out! we gotta figure out a good venue for the next one & try to get more people, maybe some Logz & GrizznKev.

*edit looking at Zero's avatar...bwaha, i gotta go find Professor Beef now

IrishNinja

sure but all you gotta do is a share a bottle (or kiss) errbody and boom, next meetup we all have it. i call it mutually assured destruction VD's

Pau

D:

Wait, no fair! How come Karkador doesn't get a mention. He shouldn't be forgiven either!

No seriously guys, I hope you all had fun. I was just being dumb and kind of depressed today. :/ I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

IrishNinja

i'ma try that!

ps did urban say he was looking at Iron Fist books? my man

i only grabbed Essential Moon Knight vol 2, but now i gotta find vol 1

IrishNinja

ah, that sucks man. next event, i'm hoping it's down in miami & more people have their situations sorted/feel up to it/etc.

still trying to figure out a good venue...there's stuff down here like paintball, batting cages, beaches, etc but most of this meet went down at a pub so i suspect it'd be about the same

i'ma try that!

ps did urban say he was looking at Iron Fist books? my man

i only grabbed Essential Moon Knight vol 2, but now i gotta find vol 1

Damn right! I bought Vol 1-3 of the Immortal Iron Fist. So anyway guys I'm still up for a meet in So Fl so no worries.

I was thinking maybe at arcade odyssey or whatever is good for you on the weekend(sunday)

pxleyes

Banned
Decided to sift through the thread for all Central Florida/Orlando gaffers and add you all as contacts. I'll probably come up with a google doc to share. Should make meet-ups easier.

This is weird, I just moved to Sarasota from Australia and noticed this thread for the first time.

Y'all got some awesome beaches and squirrels 'round here.

Necrovex

This is weird, I just moved to Sarasota from Australia and noticed this thread for the first time.

I'm from Tampa, and I simply love Sarasota. It's a pretty rad place, especially if you like artsy women. The beaches are also awesome there. So much eyecandy. Plus the clubbing scene in downtown is pretty rad too. There's no Castle, but hey, not everything needs to be a Goth dance club.

I'm from Tampa, and I simply love Sarasota. It's a pretty rad place, especially if you like artsy women. The beaches are also awesome there. So much eyecandy. Plus the clubbing scene in downtown is pretty rad too. There's no Castle, but hey, not everything needs to be a Goth dance club.

Yeah it's damned pretty here :)

My girl and I are a bit old for clubbing these days, we actually moved down here to have our first kid. It's got a bit of everything though which I really like coming from a big city; good places to eat and drink, cool and friendly people and a perfect mix of civilisation and nature for my tastes. Great part of the world.

Yeah it's damned pretty here :)

My girl and I are a bit old for clubbing these days, we actually moved down here to have our first kid. It's got a bit of everything though which I really like coming from a big city; good places to eat and drink, cool and friendly people and a perfect mix of civilisation and nature for my tastes. Great part of the world.

...yeah that part of Florida lol. I kid, I kid....somewhat but glad you are loving it here sir.

Ryaaan14

Banned

G'day neighba

btw wear sunscreen when you go to Siesta. I lost knee functionality for a good 3 days from my sunburn last Tuesday. Fuuuuuck.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Next time, we need to do a better job of organizing this. Make an actual meet up thread with a specific place and time. Not to mention a list of those who have confirmed to be attending.

I say all this knowing full well that it won't get done, of course.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, the sale was outside, and they had burgers going, so your friend is full of it.

...yeah that part of Florida lol. I kid, I kid....somewhat but glad you are loving it here sir.

My girl has family in [REDACTED TO AVOID AN ARGUMENT] who we don't talk about, I know it's not all sunshine lollipops!

G'day neighba

btw wear sunscreen when you go to Siesta. I lost knee functionality for a good 3 days from my sunburn last Tuesday. Fuuuuuck.

Yeah I learned that yesterday... which is just a rookie move for someone who grew up in Australia. It was only a few spots that got scorched but man I have to be more liberal with the sunscreen.

Next time, we need to do a better job of organizing this. Make an actual meet up thread with a specific place and time. Not to mention a list of those who have confirmed to be attending.

Come on bro believe in me who believes in you that believes in his fellow Floridians.

IrishNinja

Damn right! I bought Vol 1-3 of the Immortal Iron Fist. So anyway guys I'm still up for a meet in So Fl so no worries.

I was thinking maybe at arcade odyssey or whatever is good for you on the weekend(sunday)

those are so good, i got the omnibus
according to their FB, Arcade Odyssey is doing both a cosplay & fighter tourney a week from friday (19th), tourney starts at 6:30 and im just there to vouyer so i intend to get there about 7 or so, any of ya'll down to meet/play some games/get some pizza next door before i have to run to work at like 10 are welcome to join!

Decided to sift through the thread for all Central Florida/Orlando gaffers and add you all as contacts. I'll probably come up with a google doc to share. Should make meet-ups easier.

i think the google doc is a great idea; it's hard for me to get time off but if you guys ever plan one around say megacon or the like, id work it out.

someone at our event suggested starting a South Florida GAF page just for meetups, i think ill get one going later tonight & post a link here for those down to plan stuff that way too.

you guys met up at tates??? the fuck. i live somewhat close to there(well by the beach in deerfield).

see we always miss people due to random times of these things getting bumped, god knows my last meet with the Zelda concert downtown turned out horrible cause gaming side isn't the right place either. i'll try to keep you in the loop though, keep an eye on this thread!

We should all make a plan to get together to go Busch Gardens in October.

anything special going on there in october? i haven't been in years, furthest i was looking to go in the coming months was rapids water park like june or so.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Hallo-Scream is in October, I'm not huge on those things, but I haven't been to Busch Gardens in quite some time, so I'd be willing to maybe go during the day.

IrishNinja

is that any better than halloween horror nights? cause i usually found that shit kind've a letdown, but then i didn't buy the baller express tickets, heh

South Florida GAF's Facebook page - we can organize meets from here! shame i cant sort out making a bus bunny sawing.gif as a banner, but it'll do

Pau

Both Busch Gardens' and Universal's Halloween stuff is lame. I just go and ride the roller coaster anyways 'cause the haunted houses tend to suck.

I requested to join the group! If you're willing to forgive. :(

Camp Lo

Banned
Anyone in the Orlando/Altamonte Springs area wanna team up in a gym? Preferably Planet Fitness since its cheap and 24/7

IrishNinja

Both Busch Gardens' and Universal's Halloween stuff is lame. I just go and ride the roller coaster anyways 'cause the haunted houses tend to suck.

I requested to join the group! If you're willing to forgive. :(

yeah id love a really good haunted house next halloween! but ill prolly settle for some cosplay thing at the arcade, both the grove and the beach are kinda done for me (though the latter had better costumes last year)

and i suppose so Pau, but only cause of Luigi camaraderie~

*edit: wait a second; you're friends with Beefy?! *DELETES*

*raises hand*

What if we don't have Facebook?

again with this, Links

i mean we should totally have a thread going if we plan something out, the group's just one more tool. we could play telephone with your non-conformist ways, heh...i mean, do you want me to make a friendster page or what man

Top Bottom