• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

IrishNinja

You know, there's actually a little place called Bash right down the street from Tate's that has amazing food and a great craft beer selection. Might as well do both.

absolutely - we could start at tate's and then hit that spot up!

You know, we had a small WrassleGaf get together in Miami Beach last year about this time. I'd wager maybe one of us was actually from Florida if that. We had six from Gaf and two that weren't.

So while I wouldn't call it a true Florida Gaf meet-up, there has been a Gaf meet-up in Florida.

aw what? this is what i get for sleepin on wrassle-gaf

i wanna blame Professor Beef here somehow

Log4Girlz

Arcade Odyssey - they're awesome, i even had a small thread in gaming for them...the owner's a great guy with a massive collection, tries to switch in some japanese import shmpus & classics every now and again too. it's a bit south (kendall) but only about 20-25 minutes from my apt, and i totally try to get groups to carpool or meet there sometimes.

i take it you guys are near Tate's? and yeah, it was a white shirt with the Sega font, apparently not many saw me either but that's what i get for showing up right before the show started...

ps wow at this rate we should just meetup at tate's next time there's an event going, heh

Fuck, I still need to go there. I'm never off on weekends though, and on my days off I sleep in the whole fucking day and everything shuts down :p

IrishNinja

i think the big doctor who(m) cosplay thing is friday night, any chance you can swing that one logz? theyre open late too, i wanna say till at least 11 or so

ZeroRay

You know, we had a small WrassleGaf get together in Miami Beach last year about this time. I'd wager maybe one of us was actually from Florida if that. We had six from Gaf and two that weren't.

So while I wouldn't call it a true Florida Gaf meet-up, there has been a Gaf meet-up in Florida.

Me and I think BreakyBoy were the only Floridians there. Good times. Hoping for another one in N'awlins. Maybe Beef can finally grace us with his presence.

IrishNinja

super late...like a bit before sunrise? i think i went there close to 6 once and they were closed, i was a mess that night though

Link

The Autumn Wind
Btw, it turns out that Bash moved out west. Literally this week. So I'm thinking we just hit up The Kingshead Pub instead.

(Don't worry, Nudull, they don't card at the door, either.)

IrishNinja

oh that beefy

so, that's 3 of you that are down to meetup there/then, should we bump this thread in hopes of more people, or PM them maybe?

IrishNinja

yeah, me too, so it's hard doing anything except earlier than most want to when i get off, or in the late afternoon when i'm back up again, heh

Broseybrose

OK, so Sunday (nine days from today) who plans on going to Tates? What time do they open and what time do we want everyone to show up?

IrishNinja

...so you guys think Sunday would be better? I'll check with Logz if he doesn't post back, but UrbanScholar & Brosey both said Sunday, Nudull and ZeroRay, would that work for you guys? anyone else?

as far as time, ya'll gotta let me know what works - not sure what time they close/sale ends, but i work nights so that means i can do stuff early in the morning-like, or in the mid afternoon or so!

ZeroRay

...so you guys think Sunday would be better? I'll check with Logz if he doesn't post back, but UrbanScholar & Brosey both said Sunday, Nudull and ZeroRay, would that work for you guys? anyone else?

as far as time, ya'll gotta let me know what works - not sure what time they close/sale ends, but i work nights so that means i can do stuff early in the morning-like, or in the mid afternoon or so!

Sunday's OK. Don't know what constitutes early morning or mid afternoon, but if the latter is from 3-6 PM, I'm good.

May or may not have a WrestleMania watch party with friends at 7. Like typical south Floridians we also don't plan anything till the last minute. :p

IrishNinja

yeah, latter is like 3-6 for me...but Tate's closes at 6p on sunday, so if we wanna have some time there, i guess it'd need to be closer to 4 or so? few hours to look around, then maybe grab something to eat afterwards, sound like a plan to you guys?

i mean, any good items from the sale will be long gone by then, but, you know

Requiem

So I'm thinking of going to FAMU for pharmacy school in a year or so.

What's the job situation like in Tallahassee?? Any tips Tallahassee GAF can give me?

So I'm thinking of going to FAMU for pharmacy school in a year or so.

What's the job situation like in Tallahassee?? Any tips Tallahassee GAF can give me?

Pharm school at FAMU? BWHAHAHA. Prepare to work like an engineering student, and actually kind of worse imo.

Jobs are there...service jobs. But they're there.

RkOwnage

Was in Orlando, had the apartment issues (thread back in late Jan/Feb) moved back to GA after wife got a better job offer.

ok I'm leaving now. Florida was fun, I miss it already :(

IrishNinja

okay, i PM'd a few of you from a page or so back who i thought might be interested...sorry if you're not, had to try though.

local gaffers gunsmith & bishopcruz should possibly be down to join, hopefully a few of ya'll can come out & meet!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Got the reminder, thanks IrishNinja. Sunday at 4 works for me. I'll see you guys there.

EDIT - I hope you're all not like 18 years old.

Log4Girlz

Damn, had I not moved away I'd so be there. Irish, I'd love to meet you for real sometime. :(

Man I would love to be there if you two met up.

eZCdVqK.png

IrishNinja

Grizz lived it up that day! hope you got a good pic with Tommy Tallarico. where you at these days?

also, don't mind Logz...he's been on a high since he dodged the hammer

Top Bottom