• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Mr. Hyde

Decided to sift through the thread for all Central Florida/Orlando gaffers and add you all as contacts. I'll probably come up with a google doc to share. Should make meet-ups easier.

You can add me, if you want. I believe I mentioned it earlier in but I haven't posted since then.

B33

Banned
Comparing Halloween Horror Nights to Howl-o-Scream is a bit disingenuous, as Universal puts far more money into their seasonal offerings than Busch Gardens. And it shows.

Quite a number seem to pick the event based on which park is closer to them.

Both Busch Gardens' and Universal's Halloween stuff is lame. I just go and ride the roller coaster anyways 'cause the haunted houses tend to suck.

Have you visited Universal's event recently?

Log4Girlz

Ok, well I think this is a florida thing but man, I like the burgers from Miami Subs and Grill. I just tried it for the first time (I usually go for Gyros or their Sea Food Platter of delicious fried misery).

Camp Lo

Banned
Prompted by the tattoo tip thread, do you guys have any recommendations for shops? I prefer artists whose expertise is with portraits and with experience of tattooing dark skin.

I'm willing to travel if the guy/gal is good enough.

Live in Michigan, but I'm back and forth in the gulf Coast area 2-3 times per month, mainly punta Gorda /sarasota /Tampa/ st Pete areas, gonna move to one of those areas sometime this year. If you guys do a Gaf meet up somewhere near I'm down!

Ferny

Prompted by the tattoo tip thread, do you guys have any recommendations for shops? I prefer artists whose expertise is with portraits and with experience of tattooing dark skin.

I'm willing to travel if the guy/gal is good enough.
Not sure where you stay at but Chrome Lotus in East Orlando is a really good, clean shop with some great artists. Got two of my tattoos there.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ok, well I think this is a florida thing but man, I like the burgers from Miami Subs and Grill. I just tried it for the first time (I usually go for Gyros or their Sea Food Platter of delicious fried misery).
I love Miami Subs. They have great variety too.

If Tampa GAF wants to go to a Rays game, I wouldn't mind doing the drive.

Dollar beer night at the minor league stadium wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I'm down...was at opening day last week:

kWrwThOl.jpg

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I see this thread has died since the meeting in Southern Florida, or did you all just shift to the Facebook page?

Either way, if Disney GAF wants to meet up sometime, I'm down. Worst case I'll just see you guys when I'm working or walking through the utilidoor.

Pau

Comparing Halloween Horror Nights to Howl-o-Scream is a bit disingenuous, as Universal puts far more money into their seasonal offerings than Busch Gardens. And it shows.

Quite a number seem to pick the event based on which park is closer to them.

Have you visited Universal's event recently?
I think the last time was about three years ago. I honestly didn't see much of a difference. Maybe it's just not my thing.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I've done the Ft. Lauderdale bus loop a couple of times. Just make transportation arrangements and it's a blast.

Camp Lo

Banned
Not sure where you stay at but Chrome Lotus in East Orlando is a really good, clean shop with some great artists. Got two of my tattoos there.

Altamonte Springs. What major road is it off of? I'm guessing 436. Any artist you recommend there?

Ferny

It was brought up here earlier in the thread I believe, but we should try and plan like a movie outing around IDrive or Citywalk. Iron Man 3 sounds like the best choice since it's a big release.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
It was brought up here earlier in the thread I believe, but we should try and plan like a movie outing around IDrive or Citywalk. Iron Man 3 sounds like the best choice since it's a big release.

I'm still down. I might even suggest the theatre downtown on Orange, I forget the name, but the one in the same plaza as the 7-11.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Does City Walk still charge for parking after 6p? I'd hate to spend $15 on parking, then a movie, then maybe drinks.

Ferny

Does City Walk still charge for parking after 6p? I'd hate to spend $15 on parking, then a movie, then maybe drinks.
As long as you're a Florida resident then no. You just gotta show them ID. I actually JUST found this out not too long ago cause the attendants never even ask you.

Nakazato

Altamonte Springs. What major road is it off of? I'm guessing 436. Any artist you recommend there?
Chicago tattoo on 436 dose good work

Got to drive to Orlando for work twice this week ughhhhh. Id love to stop for hotdog heaven but ill be under a time crunch.

Necrovex

As long as you're a Florida resident then no. You just gotta show them ID. I actually JUST found this out not too long ago cause the attendants never even ask you.

WHAT?! Why am I finding this out now?! FUCK! This changes everything!
No it doesn't, but I am happy that I can save a few bucks when I go to Universal now.

Man oh man did I enjoy those two days of spring, now on to summer!

Those two days of spring were the best! It felt glorious outside. Now, for the eight months of summer. /cries

GrizzNKev

Banned
awesome! really gotta come up with a good meet idea - im heading to rapids (water park) in a few weeks myself but i figure most gaffers might be broke/etc, maybe an e3 viewing with drinks?

Well I don't drink (not legally old enough nor interested) but I would still go to that. Probably just on one day - whichever day has the most press conferences. If I end up getting a summer job I'd have to make sure that I'm not working that day, but yeah, I'd definitely be down for that.

Hey, to all those in South Florida. I will be hosting a screening of Olde English Comedy's film The Exquisite Corpse Project at Cinemark Palace 20 in Boca Raton on Monday, May 20th at 7:30 PM.

Check out the trailer at their site above, or on YouTube here.

To get tickets, BUY THEM HERE. It works like Kickstarter, and if the threshold isn't met, you're never charged and the event is cancelled.

Actually hoping to meet some fellow gaffers in real life! Message me if you're going, would love to hear from anyone interested.

Top Bottom