• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Karkador

Banned
Pau and I are in line towards the end. Look for the dork playing his 3DS. :D

Okay apparently that wasn't specific enough. Good looking guy in glasses and a blue dress shirt and girl in blue sweater and white shorts.

Edit: and now we're sitting kind of near the front of the theater. Saving two extra seats.

Reave

Just moved to Altamonte Springs last month. Other than the constant traffic jam that is 436, I like it out here. WAY less pretentious assholes than Winter Park, and it's cool living a mile away from EA's studio. I've already bumped into a few devs -- they're working on the NBA Live series. I felt sorry.

FroJay

Banned
I've gotten through the first part of an interview process for a job in Boca Raton. The second part would be the in person interview if I get the chance. Any thoughts on Boca Raton or living nearby for housing etc? I've been to Boca once for 3 days.

cj_iwakura

I've gotten through the first part of an interview process for a job in Boca Raton. The second part would be the in person interview if I get the chance. Any thoughts on Boca Raton or living nearby for housing etc? I've been to Boca once for 3 days.

Expensive. I suggest living in Broward and commuting.

Pompano Beach/Lighthouse Point is the closest area, and is a lot cheaper.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Boca's a nice area and fairly high-end, but if finances are an issue, West Boca or Pompano/Deerfield Beach just to the south are both affordable.

Ocoee here (Orlando Suburb). Home of a racist massacre.

I like the location, but not the area. Close to everything, but not the best neighbors. I mainly spend most of my time in Winter Garden if I can help it.

Camp Lo

Banned
Ocoee here (Orlando Suburb). Home of a racist massacre.

I like the location, but not the area. Close to everything, but not the best neighbors. I mainly spend most of my time in Winter Garden if I can help it.

Possibly one of the worst parts of central florida

Er, ocoee not winter garden which is beautiful in certain spots.

Lol sorry man. I wouldn't have said it if you didn't open up with the relevant racist thing. Not as many good ol boys since I lived by there

Yep.

I'll be back in town in a few weeks. How about early June so there's ample time? We need a roll call.

You got it Snakey. There was a somebody making a list a couple of weeks ago, but I can't find his PM anymore. Going to go ahead and put up the bat-signal.

Orlando GAF rollcall?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so i rescind all complaints silently directed at whoever suggested we see it in Miami. That was pretty surreal.

IrishNinja

Vice Man 3: Tony's Day Out

that was cool, sorry we couldn't sort out drinks/food after but it looked like everyone wanted to head home which is fine by me cause i just got this XRGB in ooooo but it was good meeting Pau & co, who i hope doesn't mind my saying this but she was clearly outshined by Logz...damn girl, you didn't tell me you was built like that <3

Pau

that was cool, sorry we couldn't sort out drinks/food after but it looked like everyone wanted to head home which is fine by me cause i just got this XRGB in ooooo but it was good meeting Pau & co, who i hope doesn't mind my saying this but she was clearly outshined by Logz...damn girl, you didn't tell me you was built like that <3
No worries. :) I totally didn't expect Logz to actually be a girl either.

Or a blonde. That avatar was more accurate than I thought!

Alias Greed

Neo Member
Glad you all had fun ! Hopefully some day when I'm not stuck at work on a saturday at 1 am I'll join you guys.

CJ_IWAKURA you live in Coral Springs ? Irish_Ninja we should adopt him so he can focus 100% of hes time on translating all the Japanese games I've always wanted to play but can't ::)

ps. I have a huge list.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I'm still sad I missed this.

Please do another thingy ASAP

Not suspending disbelief that my brotha branch5grillz isn't my brotha

Karkador

Banned
Yeah it was rather cool and a bit alarming that neogaf exists in person and it was a pretty decent turnout, seemingly out of nowhere. It was nice meeting you all, and it would be nice to meet at a more chat-friendly locale

ZeroRay

Glad like y'all had a good time. Hope I can make it for the next one.

No worries. :) I totally didn't expect Logz to actually be a girl either.

Or a blonde. That avatar was more accurate than I thought!

Sheeit. Hot grill confirmed. So am I looking forward to a "blind" date in my future? lol

IrishNinja

^heh
yeah, for movies there's stuff on deck like star trek 2, supes etc but actual events...i mean, im trying to get groups together over here for both a waterpark/rapids thing, and maybe some paintball this month (over in hialeah)...if nothing else, i wanna do a pool party/BBQ by midsummer or so cause it's balls-hot out

we really should try to coordinate something for the Final Fantasy concert in november though, if we don't get tickets/sit near each other that's alright but at least get drinks at DRB across the street or the like

CJ_IWAKURA you live in Coral Springs ? Irish_Ninja we should adopt him so he can focus 100% of hes time on translating all the Japanese games I've always wanted to play but can't ::)

ps. I have a huge list.

aw man, i forget...is he really that close? this plan is solid, god knows this might be my only chance at playing Segagaga

I'm still sad I missed this.

Please do another thingy ASAP

Not suspending disbelief that my brotha branch5grillz isn't my brotha

see above...there's stuff, we just gotta plan something! im right around the corner from the theater, im down for whatever. there's batting cages over by FIU if anyone else is into some yakuza shit, haha

I wasn't introduced to Pau. I will never forgive you people

again, not to be rude, but most everybody was starring at your chest so i thought it'd just be awkward

Alias Greed

Neo Member
we really should try to coordinate something for the Final Fantasy concert in november though, if we don't get tickets/sit near each other that's alright but at least get drinks at DRB across the street or the like

I already bought my 2 $150 tickets, If I don't get a date from here to november you can be my date, lol.

Pau

I wasn't introduced to Pau. I will never forgive you people
You were surrounded by guys - understandably so. :C

And I still want to get together and go to like that tea shop I mentioned and just play nerdy boardgames where everyone ends up hating each other afterwards.

IrishNinja

I already bought my 2 $150 tickets, If I don't get a date from here to november you can be my date, lol.

man i will so hold you to this, haha

And I still want to get together and go to like that tea shop I mentioned and just play nerdy boardgames where everyone ends up hating each other afterwards.

oh, that's right! i still wanna check that place out...im off weds & thurs nights, any other day im good until about 10pm, so if ya'll wanna do this say next week saturday or so count me in

Log4Girlz

I'm starting to think I wasn't introduced to Pau for a reason. We are now rivals. Believe me Pau, my milk-shake will bring all the boys to the yard and they will be in total agreement that its better than yours. It will be a milk-shake consensus.

FroJay

Banned
Expensive. I suggest living in Broward and commuting.

Pompano Beach/Lighthouse Point is the closest area, and is a lot cheaper.

Thanks for the tips, if I get the job I'll definitely look for a cheaper area to live in. I'll be making decent money, but not gated community type money which seems standard in Boca Raton.

Link

The Autumn Wind
fry-futurama-i-see-what-you-did-there-6013.jpg

Pau

I'm starting to think I wasn't introduced to Pau for a reason. We are now rivals. Believe me Pau, my milk-shake will bring all the boys to the yard and they will be in total agreement that its better than yours. It will be a milk-shake consensus.
As long as Karkador doesn't think so, I'm good.

Though you might have noticed I made sure to keep him away from you.

Top Bottom