• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Pau

Someone hook me up with a job in the FTL-MIA area please.

I don't care what it is as long as I'm not preparing food or bagging groceries. I'm skilled in computahs, networking, vidyer gams, and some amateur C/C++ sheeit.
ZeroRay and I were gonna go and see if any places had openings. Nothing ever came out of it though.

I'm trying to see if I can get a tutoring job somewhere during the summer. Maybe teaching English. There's a bunch of people in Miami who want to learn, right?

Messi

8 Weeks to go until I can visit your state for a month. I need to be there now :(

I need sunny weather. Its so cold and wet here.

Remember to grab the best sub in the state too.

Whats this about now? I tend to avoid pubix when I am there.

Log4Girlz

8 Weeks to go until I can visit your state for a month. I need to be there now :(

I need sunny weather. Its so cold and wet here.

Whats this about now? I tend to avoid pubix when I am there.

Their sammiches are pretty good. But fuck them, there is always 10 people at the deli in front of me taking fucking forever with their orders.

GrizzNKev

Banned
ZeroRay and I were gonna go and see if any places had openings. Nothing ever came out of it though.

I'm trying to see if I can get a tutoring job somewhere during the summer. Maybe teaching English. There's a bunch of people in Miami who want to learn, right?

Miami? Learn?

No, you must be mistaken.

Everyone is telling me I should work at a movie theater.

Messi

I just wish they weren't so pricey.

Well that's just crazy talk.

I am sorry, I am nowhere near local. Its not intentional but it tends to be easier to just go to walmart as shitty as that is.

I had chicken tenders from pubix once, they were good.

Messi

What movie theater is considered to be best in orlando btw? The one in Universal? Need somewhere to see Man of Steel.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
What movie theater is considered to be best in orlando btw? The one in Universal? Need somewhere to see Man of Steel.

I usually go to Downtown Disney out of convience. The Universal ones are good, so is Pointe Orlando. There's also a theatre downtown on Orange less than a block from Church St, I forget the name, but it's a pretty nice theatre with decent pricing.

matt360

Just curious, how is Sea World doing these days? I haven't been since I was in middle school, but man I used to love that place. The last time I was there they didn't have a single roller coaster. Their best ride was that Arctic simulator thing. Has anyone been recently? I know they've got a couple (or more?) coasters now. Are they doing alright business-wise?

Come on Tampa, someone put this shit together.

Oh yeah and Go Bucs!

hHYFHw7.png

cj_iwakura

I can second that. Even though I'm a South Floridian and it makes me a traitor, I went to USF and the Dolphins suck.

matt360

Truth! Publix subs are awesome! I Get an ultimate sub every week when I go grocery shopping

I've been living in Japan for a while now, but I come home every year and before I get to my parent's place I stop by Publix for a Boar's Head Ultimate with extra swiss. I look forward to that sandwich pretty much all year. They're goddam amazing.

IrishNinja

I should go to Publix...I need groceries...and fried chicken.

Remember to grab the best sub in the state too.

came to post this

Their sammiches are pretty good. But fuck them, there is always 10 people at the deli in front of me taking fucking forever with their orders.

i was literally trying to grab one a few weekends back before a wedding reception, one lady changed her orders three goddamn times so i left hungry. i wish i could've keyed "BE DECISIVE" into her car or something

ive got a buddy doing just that, ill ask if there's openings

I have a long line of admirers. I should become a florist with all the flowers I've been given.

you never respond to the dirty limericks inside though
i hope the next bouquet stings you with a bee

Another Miami GAFer here, I've met up with a few of the others along with gunsmithx and IrishNinja.

i have no idea who this person is

Downtown Disney movie crowds are the best.

I've never had a Publix sub.

where you at Pepsiman? we meet up, ill buy you a sub

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Publix has a stupid good Philly with Boars Head Beef. Don't get me started, it's too good. I vote Publix subs then a movie for the Central Florida meet up.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
A Publix Cuban is one of my favorite things. My favorite media noche is at El Rey de las Fritas though. Anyone in Miami should go, they have a great sammich with fried egg too.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I can confirm that Publix subs are the best. I never knew it was a widely held sentiment.

I like to go turkey and provolone. That's it. So good on that bread... I haven't had one in years.

Pau

ive got a buddy doing just that, ill ask if there's openings
Oh man, thanks! :D I would be forever grateful!

I'm mad at Publix ever since they stopped giving me free cookies. I could get away with it like two years ago and now all of a sudden they're like: How old are you? This is for kids.

Log4Girlz

Oh man, thanks! :D I would be forever grateful!

I'm mad at Publix ever since they stopped giving me free cookies. I could get away with it like two years ago and now all of a sudden they're like: How old are you? This is for kids.

You're supposed to give them puppy dog eyes.

A Publix Cuban is one of my favorite things. My favorite media noche is at El Rey de las Fritas though. Anyone in Miami should go, they have a great sammich with fried egg too.

We got this family owned Cuban GEneral store in West Palm called "La Familia", they got these dope-ass pressed Cuban sandwiches made by a brother right off the boat.

Publix is literally across the street too, lol!

Andrew.

Banned
Publix has a stupid good Philly with Boars Head Beef. Don't get me started, it's too good. I vote Publix subs then a movie for the Central Florida meet up.

They dont do Phillys anymore at least in the Publixs in Broward.

You want a quality Boars Head Publix sammich?

Jerk Turkey
Chipolte gouda
Bacon
Yellow Mustard
Mayo
Lettuce
Onion
Vinegar

Thank me later.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ever since I moved to Miami, I just started exclusively eating Cubans. Its such a great combo, easy to make too.

On the topic of subs, this where I mention LaSpada's. Discuss.

This thread is too lousy with South Floridians and they're all too busy making moon-eyes at Logz.

They don't know about the real, and they shall never know.

Hey Central Florida GAF, are there any decent sports bars to go to for watching baseball or hockey games?

There's a place called Bloodhound Brew on Kirkman and Conroy which is pretty nice, setup-wise.
Other than that, plenty of Ale House locations, also there's Gator's Dockside if you want a more 'bar' style experience.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This thread is too lousy with South Floridians and they're all too busy making moon-eyes at Logz.

They don't know about the real, and they shall never know.
South Florida is best Florida.

And for better or worse, I don't even know if Logz is even really a girl.

IrishNinja

man ima take logz behind the middle school and get her pregnant <3

all this sub talk...fuck it, i'm off the next few days - gonna get some cheap beer at costco or some shit, then a publix sub! can't go wrong

Top Bottom