• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

GrizzNKev

Banned
ohhhhhh snap (to the above)

Also, my parents will be on vacation during E3 so the house will be empty. Yes, parents, because I'm home from college for the summer.

So... yeah. There's that. I know Irish wanted to do something like that, dunno if we could distribute it across days or whatever but I'm throwing that out there as a thing.

IrishNinja

nice! i was gonna offer to host, but if we can wreck someone else's place, that works too, haha

wait can we bring booze or will you still be underage, grizz. because frankly getting you messed up on some mike's hard lemonade or the like & messing up your chances with logz sounds exciting but kind've a downer if sony doesn't deliver, too

edit: oh yeah divvying up days sounds like a plan too

GrizzNKev

Banned
nice! i was gonna offer to host, but if we can wreck someone else's place, that works too, haha

wait can we bring booze or will you still be underage, grizz. because frankly getting you messed up on some mike's hard lemonade or the like & messing up your chances with logz sounds exciting but kind've a downer if sony doesn't deliver, too

edit: oh yeah divvying up days sounds like a plan too

I'm only 20. Not into drinking regardless. But I don't mind if others do.

IrishNinja

yeah, that's the rub...finding something everyone wants to do, or a venue right after that'll get people to come out to it. for instance, we got Pau this time with downey jr, which is pretty fair

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
F'in hell man. My life gets busy for a single month and everything happens. I hate you all.

To eventually consummate my hatred, I sent a request to the Facebook group. It might be tough for me to be social for a few months with my schedule, but at least I'll be in the loop.

Karkador

Banned
I think we can pick a restaurant/bar/etc. and just go. No need for a fancy occasion. I second the tea lounge/board games idea, though.

I lived in Clearwater Beach for nearly 7 years. The "hot chicks at the beach" are few and far between. You start settling for looking at semi-hot moms for enjoyment..

Link

The Autumn Wind
I lived in Clearwater Beach for nearly 7 years. The "hot chicks at the beach" are few and far between. You start settling for looking at semi-hot moms for enjoyment..
Maybe it's my east coast bias, but I never pictured the gulf coast beaches (especially the Tampa area) to be populated with good looking people.

Necrovex

I used to have a beach condo at Indian Rocks Shores (if I still had it, I would possibly do a Gaf-meetup there as we drink the night away). The majority of people on the beach were grannies and grampies. I am quite happy going to Siesta Key with my other Gaffer bro. So many fine-looking ladies there.

Riggs

Banned
Was going to meet up with a fellow Gaffer but he couldn't make it. Now I got like an insane amount of beer in my house. What do I dooo?

brerwolfe

Altamonte is definitely the best side of Orlando I've seen. It has the perfect blend of everything.

I dunno, I've lived in metrowest since '06 and love it. Very centrally located, can get to most places in Orlando in like 15 minutes.

Went to high school at University HS, graduated in '98. I prefer metrowest over east Orlando by a long shot.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to make a Central Florida GAF group on Facebook? It might be easier to get people together that way.

Log4Girlz

yeah, that's the rub...finding something everyone wants to do, or a venue right after that'll get people to come out to it. for instance, we got Pau this time with downey jr, which is pretty fair

Yep. With my job and schedule I'll probably never be involved in a proper meet up. Working while you guys watch a movie don't count haha.

Orange County/OrloGAF:
-AlphaSnake
-RobotHaus
-Kid Galactus
-kinggroin
-jbpaz

Added the Kissimmee and St Cloud guys. I'm sure they'd like to be included.
I think Holy Crap lives here as well, but I'm not sure.

Alright Central Florida, put your name on the list.

Ferny

Added the Kissimmee and St Cloud guys. I'm sure they'd like to be included.
I think Holy Crap lives here as well, but I'm not sure.

Alright Central Florida, put your name on the list.
Holy Crap lives in Altamonte and I'm in East Orlando over by Waterford.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Question for you guys, my mom's in town here in Miami, what's a good place to take her for early Mother's Day?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What kind of food does she like?
Oh, you name it. I was thinking of attractions too, too bad museums close so early around MB.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Someone hook me up with a job in the FTL-MIA area please.

I don't care what it is as long as I'm not preparing food or bagging groceries. I'm skilled in computahs, networking, vidyer gams, and some amateur C/C++ sheeit.

Top Bottom