• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Log4Girlz

The worst scam is those prepaid cards that a lot of arcades use now. They charge you more per game, but call them "credits" so you don't realize it. "Oh hey, 2 credits. Ok." Meanwhile, you just dropped $1.50.

But they are not small, flat, round pieces of metal which millions of autobots had to die to produce.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just had the best burger at Lokal in the Grove....

Andiamo has my favorite pizza near North Beach, Rey's has my second favorite pizza (Cuban pizza is really different).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is Andiamo fancy?

I like my cheap and slightly greasy pizza.
The Brooklyn pie is pretty darn greasy...but yeah, a little more upscale than something sloppy like Casola's.

Messi

I have an odd question. As a European who has never seen a 4th of july in America. What kind of stuff happens in America? Are shops busier? Fireworks? Sales? Or does everwhere close up?

I will be there from the 2nd, so I wont really have my bearings yet so anything could happen.

matt360

I have an odd question. As a European who has never seen a 4th of july in America. What kind of stuff happens in America? Are shops busier? Fireworks? Sales? Or does everwhere close up?

I will be there from the 2nd, so I wont really have my bearings yet so anything could happen.

It really depends on the area/state. You're coming to Florida? There are usually fireworks displays in mid-sized to big cities, but if it's a particularly dry year and if there is a high forest fire risk then the fireworks displays may be cancelled.

I can only speak to what my hometown does (Port Orange, a suburb of Daytona Beach). There's a city center area with a large lake in front of the city hall. There are tons of booths around the lake selling burgers and hot dogs and BBQ, stages set up for live music and performances, laser shows, bouncy houses for kids, etc. People set up their blankets on the grass and wait for the big show. After that we usually went back to our house and set off a bunch of fireworks in our driveway.

I'm not sure about stores closing early, but I don't think they do.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
So I tried to make a Central Florida GAF Facebook group, but I have to be friends with at least one of you to start it.

Log4Girlz

It really depends on the area/state. You're coming to Florida? There are usually fireworks displays in mid-sized to big cities, but if it's a particularly dry year and if there is a high forest fire risk then the fireworks displays may be cancelled.

I can only speak to what my hometown does (Port Orange, a suburb of Daytona Beach). There's a city center area with a large lake in front of the city hall. There are tons of booths around the lake selling burgers and hot dogs and BBQ, stages set up for live music and performances, laser shows, bouncy houses for kids, etc. People set up their blankets on the grass and wait for the big show. After that we usually went back to our house and set off a bunch of fireworks in our driveway.

I'm not sure about stores closing early, but I don't think they do.

When he says BBQ he means grilling.

Anyway, should I undelete my facebook profile? Its been like 4 or 5 years.

IrishNinja

^how awesome would that be? man i need to have a bar one day

nah was just gonna have some friends over, maybe go by costco to buy some yuengling, tying to sort out times for the different pressers to see if i can work that night....are you mobile yet, zero?

Log4Girlz

^how awesome would that be? man i need to have a bar one day

nah was just gonna have some friends over, maybe go by costco to buy some yuengling, tying to sort out times for the different pressers to see if i can work that night....are you mobile yet, zero?

I've got a bar actually. Fuck with me and I'm cracking you over the head with it.

I live in Orlando, Florida. Near the International airport. Lots of restaurants and stuff but its hard going to friends houses. Traffic is stupid terrible around 5PM ish as I'm sure many of you know.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
If I ever finish doing all the shit I need to do between getting out of my current place and work throwing me at the west coast all the time, I should be buying a place before year's end.

I'll make sure to invite y'all to come trash it before I buy furniture.

Also, did anyone else buy a ticket to the Final Fantasy concert at the end of the year, or is it just gonna be me?

Ephemeris

I live in Orlando, Florida. Near the International airport. Lots of restaurants and stuff but its hard going to friends houses. Traffic is stupid terrible around 5PM ish as I'm sure many of you know.

Everyone seems to live on that side of town. I'm a half hour drive away on the 408

IrishNinja

just in case anyone missed it in South Florida GAF, i'm having a small SONY HYPETRAIN™ thing at my apt monday night @ 7p (near FIU/sweetwater/doral etc), buncha beer and some snacks too! trying to get off work that night but if nothing else i should be down to hang till about midnight. MiamiGAF/etc is welcome to come on by! PM me for details, or check the FB invite.

IrishNinja

your work as a secret agent always comes between us, bond

also knowing a hot girl with a penis...pretty sure i just filled a hentai stereotype here, shame we're not related

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Any Central Florida GAF wanting to do anything for E3? Just a heads up, I might bail.

Also, any Central Florida GAF wanting to see Monsters U at midnight the 20th? Just a heads up, I might act like I don't know you in public.

cj_iwakura

By any chance did anyone hit Club Space's summer startup thing yesterday? A friend dragged me to it.

It was a blast for a while, until the unbelievably beautiful Asian girl wordlessly told me to get lost when I tried to approach and/or get her number. :( Most forward I've ever tried to be at one of those.

kinggroin

Banned
Any gamers in the Orlando/Saint Cloud/Kissimmee area into pc gaming or monster hunter, shoot me a PM. Me and some buddies throw LAN parties occasionally, and the more the merrier.

cj_iwakura

damn cj, that's harsh...haven't been to space in years though. my boy DJ's at blue martini if you ever wanna go.

Is it techno/trance? That's my favorite. The room in Space we went to was trap/hiphop, but they played some awesome electronic/rap mashups, so I enjoyed it.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Going to watch Man of Steel at Downtown Disney theater this Saturday around 10PM. PM me if you want to come and watch with me.

I'm awful tempted, I work sunday mornings, but it does look like a good movie and if I'm not tired from work earlier in the day, I should be down.

I'm awful tempted, I work sunday mornings, but it does look like a good movie and if I'm not tired from work earlier in the day, I should be down.

I will be playing TLOU all day on Friday is the reason I'm not going on that day. Plus launch days are terrible times to watch movies as families bring their babies that cry during the movies! >.<

But yeah it would be awesome to meet a new friend and catch a movie as awesome as Man of Steel. :)

Top Bottom