• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yep and being from Philly it's the closest you really get to the real deal thanks mostly in part to the Amoroso rolls that get imported. Im pretty cool with the owner. Whenever he delivers to me I always smoke him out.

I couldve sworn I went to someplace called La Spada in Coral Springs that made a bangin cheesesteak.
There is a location in Coral Springs, so maybe they do. I remember them only making cold subs, but I go to the Davie location.

Andrew.

Banned
There is a location in Coral Springs, so maybe they do. I remember them only making cold subs, but I go to the Davie location.

The weird thing is it was a pizza place though with the same name, or at least something extremely similar.

Im never gonna get that cheesesteak again =(

hispanic vs asian is not even a contest

TRUMAN.jpg

Also, where can I find a La Spadas and do they make cheesesteaks? (the key question)

Laspadas locations. -- Cheesesteaks are amazing. They are a jewel, indeed, in Central Florida's withered crown.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Speaking of jobs, I was considering trying to get one at Barnes and Noble, but will they even stay open for long? (Scared former Borders worker)

Pau

Speaking of jobs, I was considering trying to get one at Barnes and Noble, but will they even stay open for long? (Scared former Borders worker)
They'll be fine for quite a bit considering they have the Nook, I think.

Put in a good word for me please. :(

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They'll be fine for quite a bit considering they have the Nook, I think.

Put in a good word for me please. :(
I'm trying the Miracle Mile one, don't know of many others...poor bookstores.

IrishNinja

logz let's go to dadeland

then we can go get shakes by the falls, or hit up town & country and pretend flippers and interesting stores are still there

Karkador

Banned
logz let's go to dadeland

then we can go get shakes by the falls, or hit up town & country and pretend flippers and interesting stores are still there

Everyone knows Bird Bowl's arcade is the new Flippers and Arcade Odyssey is the new Old Dania Boomers.

Screw it, let's go to Dandy Bear and (try to) play broken Chinese/Korean arcade games and eat miserable pizza.

mattiewheels

I had to look up this Dandy Bear stuff, their website looks like circa 1994. Takes me back.

Log4Girlz

Everyone knows Bird Bowl's arcade is the new Flippers and Arcade Odyssey is the new Old Dania Boomers.

Screw it, let's go to Dandy Bear and (try to) play broken Chinese/Korean arcade games and eat miserable pizza.

I have a former employee who works at Bird Bowl, I should trade tickets for free bowling.

Link

The Autumn Wind
There's still a Flippers in Hollywood. No idea how it compares since I never went to the Miami location.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I had an interview at GameStop today on Miramar Parkway. I sat there trying to give genuine and friendly answers through the whole thing, then at the end the woman just says, "Yeah we're not really hiring temp positions. Use this as a learning experience."

Man I thought I was going to be hired on the spot.

You were like a block away from my house.

This is getting too creepy for me guys.

IrishNinja

i always forget Bird Bowl (and Mall of the Americas!) have arcades, haha. and Dandy Bear yet exists? man i wonder when it was Riverboat Playhouse went down, i had mad birthdays there years back

There's still a Flippers in Hollywood. No idea how it compares since I never went to the Miami location.

say what
i didn't know there was more than 1 of em, much less than one survived!

what's funny is that the indoor flea market on US1 (cutler ridge) was known in the day to be that spot to get back your stolen beeper/genesis/etc, i went wandering through the back one day and some dude was selling a coin-op of NBA Jam that said "WELCOME TO FLIPPERS" in its intro..that shit reminded me of that skit from In Living Color, i mean how the fuck do you even steal that

cj_iwakura

Sorry Irish, sounds like tomorrow. I may go to GXE tonight, but that's about it. I'll post here when I know when.

I went there a long time ago. They had a great ITG community, but then the machine fell into disrepair and I stopped going. (ITG + R21 = bliss. Any song you want on a USB, make some steps at home, go nuts.)

IrishNinja

Sorry Irish, sounds like tomorrow. I may go to GXE tonight, but that's about it. I'll post here when I know when.

ah well, i work at 11 both nights but i think tomorrow i'm doing belated mother's day dinner...lemme know about what time and ill still try to come through

ps what's GXE?

cj_iwakura

ah well, i work at 11 both nights but i think tomorrow i'm doing belated mother's day dinner...lemme know about what time and ill still try to come through

ps what's GXE?

A tabletop gaming place in Pompano Beach. If you saw it while driving by, you'd think it was a drug house. They have a very weird spot. A warehouse with a green door off Copans and Powerline.

IrishNinja

fuck that idea...let's meet up at the arcade on tuesday night!

or we can meet up later when they do uh...harry potter cosplay, and k-pop nights? ..huh

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
OrlandoGAF checking in.

OT: Anyone in the Orlando area looking to buy a like-new black WiFi-Only PS Vita? Selling mine with everything included (except memory card) for cheap. :lol

Karkador

Banned
i always forget Bird Bowl (and Mall of the Americas!) have arcades, haha. and Dandy Bear yet exists? man i wonder when it was Riverboat Playhouse went down, i had mad birthdays there years back

Touching the arcade machines at Mall of the Americas gave my hand some kind of allergic reaction and made it swell up.

Pau

fuck that idea...let's meet up at the arcade on tuesday night!

or we can meet up later when they do uh...harry potter cosplay, and k-pop nights? ..huh
Friday nights are usually full and who wants to wait for a turn at the best games? Tuesday night sounds fun. :)

Link

The Autumn Wind
What kind of loser owns quarters in 2013 America?
The worst scam is those prepaid cards that a lot of arcades use now. They charge you more per game, but call them "credits" so you don't realize it. "Oh hey, 2 credits. Ok." Meanwhile, you just dropped $1.50.

Top Bottom