• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

i was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Gaf meet up to go to Halloween Horror Nights this year? They have alot of sweet mazes but nobody I know is going currently.

IrishNinja

eh, i hope ya'll enjoy HHN but i'm out; i went and the lines are stupid-long if you don't get the baller passes...i liked some stuff there but not enough to warrant that personally

hoping to find a good halloween party down here this year, maybe the arcade will do a cosplay thing? if nothing else, maybe ill wander the beach again..hoping i can pull off my costume idea this year

eh, i hope ya'll enjoy HHN but i'm out; i went and the lines are stupid-long if you don't get the baller passes...i liked some stuff there but not enough to warrant that personally

hoping to find a good halloween party down here this year, maybe the arcade will do a cosplay thing? if nothing else, maybe ill wander the beach again..hoping i can pull off my costume idea this year

They are doing a really elaborate Resident Evil (based on the games not the movies) this year along with An American Werewolf in London so I'm really excited about that

IrishNinja

that could be cool...i didn't like the zombie thing they did years ago when i went, there weren't many and i was bummed they were too many "safe zones" but i get the liability. last year's silent hill thing did look tempting

Necrovex

i was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Gaf meet up to go to Halloween Horror Nights this year? They have alot of sweet mazes but nobody I know is going currently.

A friend and I (another Gaffer) were talking about checking out Halloween Horror Night this year. We were a little disappointed by it last year, but Cabin and Resident Evil are too awesome to say no to.

cj_iwakura

Scratch that, friend bailed on me. :( I can go myself, but it's less appealing when you use a 97 cavalier instead of a 2002 Subaru.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I need to make a trip out to that arcade one of these days. Maybe bring a friend or three. Maybe after I get back from this next trip. Can't make it to Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights. I decided to finally take the plunge and get a new(ish?) car this weekend, so there goes any spending money for a while.

On the plus side, I'm definitely going to the Final Fantasy concert in November. Anyone else from here going?

Oh, and how about the console launches? Anyone planning on lining up somewhere?

IrishNinja

sorry CJ, hopefully soon though...i was saying, ill look up the next tourney so we can all plan it better

BreakyBoy - not sure if im in for launch (might tag along) but im still looking to buy FF tickets soon, so count me in for that!

cj_iwakura

Don't know if there's any interest, but the Gateway Cinema 4(near Broward & 95) is having a film festival this weekend. May go tomorrow for Dr. Strangelove & The Maltese Falcon.

IrishNinja

aw man thats awesome, we never get those enough down here...gonna see if i can move some stuff around with work but usually short notice on weekends don't pan out for me. jelly!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Don't know if there's any interest, but the Gateway Cinema 4(near Broward & 95) is having a film festival this weekend. May go tomorrow for Dr. Strangelove & The Maltese Falcon.

Hmm, I have car things to do early tomorrow, so Maltese is a no-go. But it looks like Strangelove is at 7. I'll pop a note in the thread if I end up going.

Edit: It's going on all month it looks like. I'll be out on a trip for a week in the middle there, but if you guys want to try to set up a day to meet up, here's the schedule. A lot of good movies if you're into the classics.

IrishNinja

L9G2ZoH.gif

Going to be in Jacksonville for 4 days next week.

-4 star hotel
-finally not here for work related reasons, but for R&R
-will be by myself (though the room I booked has two queen beds... cheapest one I could find =/)
--therefore having free reign to do whatever I want.... which is idk yet.

HHN will be too far since I live in Clearwater. I ain't driving in traffic for that shit.

If Tampa gaf wants to go to Busch gardens that'd be cool. Would be neat to meet gaffers and get drunk while going through the haunted houses.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I keep forgetting this thread exists. I'd be down for some sort of Halloween Horror Nights meet up.
Going to be in Jacksonville for 4 days next week.

-4 star hotel
-finally not here for work related reasons, but for R&R
-will be by myself (though the room I booked has two queen beds... cheapest one I could find =/)
--therefore having free reign to do whatever I want.... which is idk yet.

If you're looking for food spots hit up the Metro Diner on Hendricks or The French Pantry for some amazing lunch stuff. River City Brewing Company near Friendship Fountain downtown has some pretty good beers, if that's what you're looking for.

Other stuff really depends on what you're interested in doing.

Log4Girlz

Can anyone give me the name to a great indian place to eat at in Miami? Shit while you're at it, list your favorite restaurants. I wanna go on an adventure lol.

kehs

Banned
I don't know about indian food, but if you want amazing peruvian food go to ceviche105 in downtown. Godly food, recommended: anticuchos, and leche de tigre ceviche.

ZeroRay

Consensus amongst the Brown community is that there isn't really a good Indian/Bengali restaurant in South Florida. The hole in the walls over in NY easily crush what we got.

According to Google and Yelp, Bombay Darbar is the best you're gonna get. Then again, Google also put Kebab in the top 10, which is sub-par at best (been there a few times over the last 15 years, including just last month!).

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Bombay Darbar is alright at best. I went there a little while ago for the first time, and had chicken tikka masala. I'm not much of a food snob, but it wasn't all that great.

If you must have Indian food, I guess that's the one, as I can't think of any better, but ZeroRay is right. As far as I know, there isn't much in the area for good Indian food.

Broseybrose

Can anyone give me the name to a great indian place to eat at in Miami? Shit while you're at it, list your favorite restaurants. I wanna go on an adventure lol.
If you're willing to drive a bit, there used to be (probably still is) a fantastic Indian restaurant just west of 95 on Griffin Rd called Royal India. IMO, absolutely fantastic nan with tamarind, those samosa things are delish, and my absolute favorite main dish there, Butter Chicken.

Link

The Autumn Wind
If you're willing to drive a bit, there used to be (probably still) a fantastic Indian restaurant just west of 95 on Griffin Rd called Royal India. IMO, absolutely fantastic nan with tamarind, those samosa things are delish, and my absolute favorite main dish there, Butter Chicken.
This. So this.

IrishNinja

aside: since OT loves tipping, be sure to do that at indian joints out here, my roommates used to work those gigs & told me they're often not paid wages, but only make tips. illegal as hell, but there's not many other options without a work visa.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I went to Miami Beach a few weeks ago...the skank-factor was through the roof. So were the titties. And the ass for that matter. Granted a lot of the ass and titties was pretty fake (some pretty nasty too).

But man is it ghettttooooo the minute you drive out of the area. I doubt I'll be hanging out there a whole lot. I'm going to go to West Palm next week, seems to be a much nicer area overall. Reminds me a lot of where I live in central Florida

I went to Miami Beach a few weeks ago...the skank-factor was through the roof. So were the titties. And the ass for that matter. Granted a lot of the ass and titties was pretty fake (some pretty nasty too).

But man is it ghettttooooo the minute you drive out of the area. I doubt I'll be hanging out there a whole lot. I'm going to go to West Palm next week, seems to be a much nicer area overall. Reminds me a lot of where I live in central Florida

Make sure you head over to Sunset Beach... great spearfishing turf, might even get lucky and see a leatherback nest hatch.

Bajan32

Moved out to Miami Gardens by my cousin about 2 months ago from cali and really liking south florida. Just starting to worry a bit about finding work. been sending out mad resumes but not hearing anything back. dont wanna go back to cali =/

Moved out to Miami Gardens by my cousin about 2 months ago from cali and really liking south florida. Just starting to worry a bit about finding work. been sending out mad resumes but not hearing anything back. dont wanna go back to cali =/

I just moved to North Miami/Aventura. Doing the job searching thing as well and it is awful.

Oh and hi everyone, had no idea this thread existed until 5 minutes ago. I have been living in FL for about 2 months now.

Top Bottom