• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is next to leave EU? Denmark? Italy?

What will be the next EU exit?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

Don't think anyone will leave. EU will make sure by making the English bleed if they want to get a trade deal.

No one. They will wait and see how the UK fares
Well that's my question. What do the consequences look like? How hard would the EU want to hit the UK?

Pretty hard. They have an incentive to make UK regret it also to scare other members from leaving

Many in Italy would love to exit but I think that right now the sentiment may still be in favor of the EU. The system needs to be reformed though, ASAP.

Xando

Well that's my question. What do the consequences look like? How hard would the EU want to hit the UK?
Reading a positioning paper from the german finance minister seems to suggest they wouldn't make any concessions to keep others from going the same way.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/politik...bles-geheimplan-fuer-den-brexit/13783492.html (German)

I would think the are others going even harder on the UK.

So either the UK accepts free movement or they won't get a single market.

If they accept that they basically left but got the same rules with less of a voice in the EU

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Actually this October in Italy we'll have one of the most important referendum in our history.

I thought it was clear from the context that I was talking about referenda regarding the exit from EU.

Referendums don't happen solely due to election pledges..

A referendum happens if someone calls it. That someone needs to be usually a head of state. Luckily there won't be the case anytime soon for the ones quoted in the OP. And after Brexit I don't think any of the normal politicians will be as reckless as Cameron.

Many in Italy would love to exit but I think that right now the sentiment may still be in favor of the EU. The system needs to be reformed though, ASAP.
Opposite feeling Vamp: leave will win. The system need to be reformerd, e we must create the united state of europe and there is not such occasion like this one

SJRB

Gold Member
I definately expect a lot of traction for a Dutch exit referendum. Even though the prime-minister said not many people would be interested in one while a national enquiry learnt that at least 52% would be interested in a similar referendum.

Opposite feeling Vamp: leave will win. The system need to be reformerd, e we must create the united state of europe and there is not such occasion like this one

If we leave for that reason then I'm all in for leaving, but I feel like the system can be reformed without stepping out.

ebil

France isn't going to happen anytime soon unless Marine Le Pen wins next year's election (and if that happens we're screwed in more ways than one). Everyone else is largely pro-EU.

Akiraptor

It depends on how the EU handles the UK. If they're kind, it might encourage others to seek independence, which is why I'm betting they won't be.

Other countries will definitely explore the option though, especially ones with powerful movements on the right. The pendulum swings back.

JDB

Banned
Us (Netherlands) leaving would be the dumbest thing considering how small we are and how much we rely on trade, but I'm sure it'll somehow happen.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Why , what's going on?

53529697.jpg

Can we blame David Cameron for this?

You could even make a song by taking the James Cameron song from that one south park episode and substitute "James" for "Dave."

Either way, I sure can't wait to visit the dilapidated hollows of what used to be a first world continent.

Portugal:
the Far-Right anti-EU parties in Portugal have no representation

the establishment Right coalition is Pro-EU (now sitting as main opposition)

the establishment Center-Left party is Pro-EU but have formed a coalition government with two Far-Left parties who are anti-EU

if Portugal ever decides to leave the EU, it will happen from the Far-Left not the Far-Right.

not going to happen. Portugal is a relatively centrist country that swings from Center-Left to Center-Right like a ping pong

---------

Spain however is more volatile politically, FunkyPapa would be best versed at explain it

johnsmith

remember me
Germany. Trump's an expert on German nationalists.

Trump also predicted the unraveling of the EU, saying, “It looks like it’s on its way and we’ll see what happens.” Trump said he knows many Germans who are fanatically patriotic — “to a level you wouldn’t believe” — and that, fed up with immigration, he could see them supporting a German exit, a move that would deprive the union of its most important member.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-brexit-scotland-visit-224761#ixzz4CWEe5xx3

Hey, you forgot us swedes.

Not that I think it would happen anytime soon, but here is part of a recent article:

But the numbers could change if Britain leaves the EU. In that case, more people in the survey want to leave the EU than those who want to stay. 32 percent would vote in favor of continued membership, while 36 percent would vote no. Almost as many, 32 percent, are uncertain.

unrealist

Sorry for being a naive guy living in the East .. I see many people posting the UK as a country .. isn't the UK a state with 4 countries?

TaterTots

Banned
I keep seeing posts saying its the right wing republicans wanting out. Can someone give me a brief description of why? I can barely keep up with U.S. politics as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom