• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is next to leave EU? Denmark? Italy?

What will be the next EU exit?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Express is a tabloid with a huge Tory streak and a huge anti-EU slant. Don't pay them attention. They are just making noise for the hell of it.

Portugal:
the Far-Right anti-EU parties in Portugal have no representation

the establishment Right coalition is Pro-EU (now sitting as main opposition)

the establishment Center-Left party is Pro-EU but have formed a coalition government with two Far-Left parties who are anti-EU

if Portugal ever decides to leave the EU, it will happen from the Far-Left not the Far-Right.

not going to happen. Portugal is a relatively centrist country that swings from Center-Left to Center-Right like a ping pong

---------

Spain however is more volatile politically, FunkyPapa would be best versed at explain it
All Spanish parties are strongly pro European. Podemos is the most critical of them, yet it was the only one campaigning in the UK for remain. The population is also massively pro European and share an intense feeling of belonging.

Not gonna happen.

Beefy

‏@SkyNewsBreak
German finance ministry says there are concerns France, Austria, Finland, the Netherlands & Hungary could follow UK's lead in leaving #EUref

This been posted?

JDB

Banned
Why would Holland get out of The Netherlands?
j65Bggy.gif

Undefined

Can someone help decipher the real countries please?

Grexit - Germany??
Departugal - Portugal
Italeave - Italy
Fruckoff - ???France??
Czechout - Czech
Oustria - Austria
Finish - Finland
Donemark - Denmark
Byegium - Belgium
The Ditch - Netherlands/Dutch?

What a clickbait thread/title op

Noone is asking for a referendum , not even the right wing nutjob politicians trying to get some attention off of this today.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Can someone help decipher the real countries please?

Grexit - Germany??
Departugal - Portugal
Italeave - Italy
Fruckoff - ???France??
Czechout - Czech
Oustria - Austria
Finish - Finland
Donemark - Denmark
Byegium - Belgium
The Ditch - Netherlands/Dutch?

Grexit is Greece. Why Greece would want to leave is beyond me though, who'll bail them out then?

DoubleYou

Seriously. Geert Wilders' party has led in almost every poll in the Netherlands asking about the next general election. He's already called for a Dutch EU referendum.

I'm not really familiair with the procedure but what needs to happen for a referendum to take place? I mean, didn't we vote for politicians to decide about this shit in the first place?

that poll tho

Why would Denmark leave though? They're already one of the most successful countries in the world, unlike the UK. Is the EU holding them back somehow?

Genuniely curious as I haven't paid much attention to Danish politics lately.

I'd imagine Greece being the most likely as a side effect of leaving the euro but even that is not likely. All eyes are on the negotiations with UK now and how they end up within a few years after the exit is complete. If it ends up being a disaster I doubt anybody will even whisper about EU referendums for a while.

MicH

Lol Kristian Thulesen. He's like the only one (plus Enhedslisten) rooting for Denmark's exit. There's no way I'm hell that's happening remotely soon.

2San

People who think the Dutch will be the first to leave are pretty damn delusional. We are a small trading country heavily dependent on Germany. Even before the euro we matched our currency with the German mark. We are one of the founding members of the EU. Even if a referendum would come around to leave. Our politicians would ignore it. They would rather commit political suicide then cripple the nation.

Watch it be Germany lmao

We don't do referendums on a federal scale. It's not completely out of the question legally, but the mechanisms aren't in place.

And I'm thankful for that. Direct democracy is fool's gold.

Funny because even far right alternative for Germany want to stay in

Even if they weren't. The whole refugee clusterfuck has lost it's luster a little and the AFD is heading towards irrelevancy. If they get some seats they will be isolated in parliament and even more irrelevant.

Express is a tabloid with a huge Tory streak and a huge anti-EU slant. Don't pay them attention. They are just making noise for the hell of it.

All Spanish parties are strongly pro European. Podemos is the most critical of them, yet it was the only one campaigning in the UK for remain. The population is also massively pro European and share an intense feeling of belonging.

Not gonna happen.

thanks for the clarification. Free roaming in the Iberian Peninsula continues

Matty8787

No one. They will wait and see how the UK fares

Pretty hard. They have an incentive to make UK regret it also to scare other members from leaving

So that's the good old EU eh? Let's scare our member states into staying with us.

Shouldn't they be saying "stay with us because we offer incentive and security" not scare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom