• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do all "emo" vocalists sound like their nose is plugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira

Emo is one of my guilty pleasures. I hate some emo bands too, like New Found Glory and Story of the Year, but I like some of the "better" stuff.

Hey, emo-defenders. Check the quotes, asshats. He's not saying it's "real" emo, and he doesn't care to get into a discussion about what emo really is. He's going by what some consider emo now.

Fatalah

I'm into a few bands that some would consider "emo" but they've been around for a while...

Elliott is great; I've been a Dashboard Confessional since he began, Sensefield, Brand New is incredibley talented...Sunny Day's cool.....

But as for the bands you see on MTV all the time...with their broken heart tattoos and their yelling about 'until the day they die' and the 'spilling of hearts for you"......blah. ICKY

I have a question: Why does everyone have to be so negative?

I hope everyone has fun with their heart attacks at 35.

What makes someone actually hate a band? I don't really understand that. Sure there's not liking a band's music, but you guys really hate these bands? Rich, spoiled, suburban kids? That couldn't be less true for a lot of the bands mentioned in here. Then again, I don't really like any of the bands mentioned in here, so I'm not here to defend them. But go on with your preconceived notions and keep check on that vain bulging out of your head as you type your negative responses.

Why get all worked up and type these angry, negative responses? That can't be too good for your mental health.

Think positive. Don't be such negative nellys.

nelly.jpg

swoon

Tre said:
Hey, emo-defenders. Check the quotes, asshats. He's not saying it's "real" emo, and he doesn't care to get into a discussion about what emo really is. He's going by what some consider emo now.

that's retarded. "instead of going on actual genre titles, let's go one what people mistake bands to sound like"

i mean korn is an awesome prog rock band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom