• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

Glass Joe

Sounds like they'll have to extend the Wii Fit U free trial. Kind of pointless to run a campaign to get casual Wii owners to the U version if the unlocking product isn't being sold in stores.

Exile20

Sounds like they'll have to extend the Wii Fit U free trial. Kind of pointless to run a campaign to get casual Wii owners to the U version if the unlocking product isn't being sold in stores.

Look at this as a soft launch and the real launch is in a month with bundles on store shelves.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
There are no community scoreboards so far. Maybe it syncs everyone's scores at a set time of day. But it's gonna be a shame if they missed out that feature.
I assume they kept scoreboards for local multiplayer, but yeah... When you have such a focus on online communities, adding online leaderboards seems like a no brainer feature :-/

Sorry, just reposting this since it is relevent to the discussion and I was at the bottom of page 13...

Sounds more like an error on TRU's part, rather than release the Fit Meters at retail, they seem to be sold online only for the most part, and most retailers are aiming to release when the retail packs come out.

To ally fears, my Fit Meters been measuring me since this afternoon (not that I've done much) and everything works fine for me. Just seems to be a case that retail stores don't care to carry the accessories, and tell people that the cheap £20 meter is all they need to unlock Wii Fit for free, when they could hawk the expensive sets for bigger profit in a few weeks.

Cherubae

Found a stack at TRU. No shelf label or anything.

Edit: Rang up as "Can't be sold until 12/13". Amazing.

Sounds like TRU has mixed up the Fit Meter (stand alone) with the Fit Meter + Wii Fit U game disk. The packaged bundle is set for December 13th, but the stand alone meter is out as of today.

Can you do anything with the game if you don't have a balance board?

You can't even get to the activities without a Balance Board, the first thing Wii Fit asks you to do once you've set your profile up is an unskippable body test, which needs to be able to weigh you - and only the balance board can do that.

There are a few games that use Wii Remote only, but most of the games require the board in some form or another.

LLShC.gif
I can't find a balance board alone for sale? wtf I don't need Wii Fit Plus :(

Giving me a communication error. I can access the standard communities (joined the beginners gym community just fine) but the neogaf one gives me an error.

I'll try again later tonight

Edit: maybe they are locked...I can create a North America GAF community if people want.

Check your Gamestops for used balance boards. I know mine has stacks of them in the back room. They just aren't on the floor.

Glass Joe

Are the communities region restricted?

I don't think anyone from North America has been able to join the NeoGAF community yet. I haven't it gave me an error earlier.

I'm from the US and it let me join a friend's community. But I can't connect to the NeoGAF one (which I think is PAL). Maybe someone needs to make one for NSTC?

It's weird though. It's not telling me that no community is found when I try the GAF one, it tells me that there is connection error.

I'm gonna create a North America gaf community now. Until we hear that they are region locked for sure though, let's just consider the current one the official gaf one.

Edit

created! quote for code

Edit 2 guess mine was too slow

Robin: maybe we need an FAQ in the OP for people? I'm happy to write it up if need be, but think that might be better than having people come in and ask what they need to play Wii Fit or unlock it?

Also bummer at gym communities being region locked (I guess this is because EuroGaf comes under Europe and Oceania, but American copies of Wii Fit look for Miiverses in Americas), I suppose that means we can avoid running risk of getting bloated with lots of members. But a shame we can't have everyone under one group all the same.

Glass Joe

NeoGAF Gym (North Americans): ****-****-****

Dang, that worked like a charm. I guess we're region locked. Hopefully the North American one can be added to the OP.

Edit: Still having connection issues. I think we're region locked but the servers are not working very well regardless.

Region locked communities? Holy shit. That's a MAJOR downer.

Theres one upside to this, having 2 groups means competition between the two to get fit...if we can find a way to compete against another community I suppose? I'm not sure how that would work though.

kunonabi

I was like 20 minutes from finishing my download when my Wii U froze and I had to shut it off and start all over again.

How can you tell if your version is fully unlocked and not just a demo?

At the start of every boot-up of Wii Fit, a black pop up screen will remind you you how many days left you have till your trial ends and how to unlock it for keeps. When it's unlocked, it just loads to Wii Fit Plaza

Top Bottom