• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

J.W.Crazy

I joined the North America community. Hopefully it becomes an extra incentive to play on a daily basis.

So far I like Climbing and Luge best out of the new stuff.

n64coder

My download is going fast at 6:00pm EDT. It's going to take about 20 minutes total.

I'll have to hunt down the balance board somewhere in my basement storage area.

I got the 2 meters today from Amazon. Cool, that it was release day delivery.

Bio-Frost

I'll be joining the north american community once im off work. Don't know if its been answered already but if I already have WiiFitPlus save data on my wiiu do I have to do anything special to import it to Wii Fit U?

Birathen

How is this compared to Your shape Fitness evolved? That game gives me a great workout! Can I expect the same here?

I'll be joining the north american community once im off work. Don't know if its been answered already but if I already have WiiFitPlus save data on my wiiu do I have to do anything special to import it to Wii Fit U?

It imported my wii fit data automatically that was saved on the U.

Nope, Wii Fit U will do that for you, on first load it converts all your data, then asks you to choose a profile from that data (if you had more than one person on your Wii Fit save)

NeoRausch

suuuuper easy. it just tells you that there is data and then ale l aka you if you want to import and use it.

couldn't be easier.

gotee12

I'm really happy with the meter. Smaller than what I thought it was going to be and feels very sturdy. The step counter seems pretty accurate and I can't wait to see wait kind of trends these graphs start showing.

Glass Joe

currently the fit meter has risen to #38 on amazon's best video game sellers. i'm sure that figure is helped out in that it is hard/nigh impossible to find in stores, but it does show that there's a strong interest in the promotion.

EDIT: now #30

cacildo

Well, this donwload is really taking forever

Last week i got Deus ex and the download took 6 hours for 14GB

Now its 3GB and i got 70% in 4 hours.

Bio-Frost

Thanks guys! Good to know its easy to get your data over! Started Wii fit plus a few months ago to get used to everything and be a bit more in shape for this version! Ordered two Fit Meters and should get to my place on Tuesday, will be nice to factor in my walk to and from work.

Sanic

I didn't realize the board was still so expensive. Seeing it for $60 used in a lot of places. Anywhere in the US I can get it for less?

gotee12

I didn't realize the board was still so expensive. Seeing it for $60 used in a lot of places. Anywhere in the US I can get it for less?
$60? That's the highest it's been in a long time for a used board (if ever). Seems like shops are catching on to the new demand for them.

$60? That's the highest it's been in a long time for a used board (if ever). Seems like shops are catching on to the new demand for them.

I swore that they were cheaper until now... It seems eBay sells them for around 1/3 of the price or a little more (with the original Wii Fit game).

Daknight

Well now to wait for the download...so probably be able to use it sunday. How do you join the Gaf community on Miiverse?

Managed to burn 145 cals tonight without the meter. Great fun but now its drinking time and Wii Fit + Vodka would be an accident waiting to happen... not to mention the blind dog getting in the way.

Glass Joe

Managed to burn 145 cals tonight without the meter. Great fun but now its drinking time and Wii Fit + Vodka would be an accident waiting to happen... not to mention the blind dog getting in the way.

LOL i do plan on using the software somewhat seriously, but I am using the wait for the fit meter as an excuse. Till then, drink up!

SmokeMaxX

$20 now at Gamestop used.
$15 used at Gamestop during Black Friday.
Some say pawn shops have it for even cheaper but YMMV on that.

Wow, for a cheap promo, this game sure cost me a lot of money :) I got the fit meter, a used Balance Board for $17, a pair of new colored Wiimote+'s at $40 a pop (gotta play those dancing games!), a Nunchuk for $20, and I'm gonna have to go get a replacement Sensor Bar (I must have forgotten to pack it when I moved across the country). Oh well, it's good incentive to keep up with the game!

The guy at GameStop was clueless, he hadn't heard of a new Wii Fit coming out.

dock

I finally got started! My first impressions are that it's pretty great, but it's hard to know until I start doing my daily routine. I'm excited to carve out more time for exercise now though.

Scary moment was comparing my weight now with my weight from 2011. I've gained a lot of weight in the last 24 months, so I hope to lose plenty of that in the next 12 months. o_o

My 259 hours transferred onto my new pig, but for some reason he is only gold. I actually had the platinum pig before from 100 hours of playing.

Exile20

Wow, for a cheap promo, this game sure cost me a lot of money :) I got the fit meter, a used Balance Board for $17, a pair of new colored Wiimote+'s at $40 a pop (gotta play those dancing games!), a Nunchuk for $20, and I'm gonna have to go get a replacement Sensor Bar (I must have forgotten to pack it when I moved across the country). Oh well, it's good incentive to keep up with the game!

The guy at GameStop was clueless, he hadn't heard of a new Wii Fit coming out.

u didn't buy the Wii Party U bundle?

dock

Okay, I've created a NeoGAF EU/AUS community!

edit: oh, whoops, I was too slow.
You can see the official EU community if you quote the OP.

HeySeuss

Do we not have a Neogaf MiiVerse page that we can just post comments on? I joined the GAF community in the op but I can't figure out how to post...

Lynd7

Anyone else having trouble installing it? Mine gets to around 48% and then says the internet disconnected, then it reconnects after a few seconds as repeats. It hasn't moved past 48%

NeoRausch

Do we not have a Neogaf MiiVerse page that we can just post comments on? I joined the GAF community in the op but I can't figure out how to post...

on miiverse (mobile/Wiiu/PC) just look at your starred favorites. there you will find you GAF community and can just post in it at will

Deszaras

Neo Member
So is there a way to change the metric system? I want centimeters and kilogramms not lbs.

I believe it is based off of your system's region. I wish we can override it in the software settings.. mine is set for Canada and it's dealing with cm and kgs.. I would prefer feet/inches and lbs..

Oidisco

Curious to see how much help Wii Fit will be in helping gain a bit of weight. I'm extremely thin and I want to bulk up a little bit.

And I've joined the GAF community. Should be some fun

anyone else a bit disappointed that there aren't online leaderboards, would be nice to have online friend scores to try and beat, and daily, weekly and regional leaderboards, thought joining a community might add it but no

bit of a wasted opportunity I feel, would have made it more competitive

I noticed it weighed me at 10lb lighter than I really am. =]

are not using the board on a hard surface?

if you're using it on a thick pile carpet or rug it will weigh you in as less, you can buy some extra feet from Nintendo for it, cost me £ 12, think you have to ring them up especially, never seen em available online

are not using the board on a hard surface?

if you're using it on a thick pile carpet or rug it will weigh you in as less, you can buy some extra feet from Nintendo for it, cost me £ 12, think you have to ring them up especially, never seen em available online

Carpet but thin carpet. I play in a finished basement so its not some thick fancy carpet. I'll have to go find those extra feet that came with it years ago. ty for the tip

Carpet but thin carpet. I play in a finished basement so its not some thick fancy carpet. I'll have to go find those extra feet that came with it years ago. ty for the tip

thin carpet shouldn't distort the measurement, try it on a hard surface and see if it comes back different

Anyone know how to unlock costumes and stamps?

Costumes haven't been worked out as of yet I believe (I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the new Dance section, or hours played)

Stamps are earned by doing body tests daily.

There are also "Extra" new variants of various activities and harder modes to unlock for many of the games : )

kitsuneyo

anyone else a bit disappointed that there aren't online leaderboards, would be nice to have online friend scores to try and beat, and daily, weekly and regional leaderboards, thought joining a community might add it but no

bit of a wasted opportunity I feel, would have made it more competitive

Typical Nintendo unfortunately. Hoping it syncs scores once a day and they show up later, but know it's very unlikely.

Top Bottom