• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

Lexxism

LMAO Nintendo. Even with communities is region-locked? What the hell are those people thinking?

edit: Still downloading. 35mins to go.

GulAtiCa

LLShC.gif
I can't find a balance board alone for sale? wtf I don't need Wii Fit Plus :(

Check Gamestop? Mine has like 10 sitting on top of each other in Wii section ready to be bought.

kitsuneyo

that's the towel off the game.

does your version still says 31 days to go?

Nah.

I tapped on some Miis and you can look at other members's scores. It even compares them with your own. There's no reason those community leaderboards shouldn't exist!

Had my wife download this for me since I am at work and I picked up a Balance Board earlier! can't wait to join you guys in the NA gym.

RaidenZR

I mean, pasting the number was an error. lurkers will jump in like crazy.

I just want to know if my fellow North Americans here are using the one Terrible Majesty posted. I guess he shoulda hidden the code... but was there an alternative or is that the adopted community for us?

NeoRausch

I just want to know if my fellow North Americans here are using the one Terrible Majesty posted. I guess he shoulda hidden the code... but was there an alternative or is that the adopted community for us?
no idea, but somebody should host a new one since the code is already out there.

Glass Joe

no idea, but somebody should host a new one since the code is already out there.

I say we use Like The Hat's since that was the first one and the code is properly concealed. Can that be added to the OP? We really don't need a bunch of people creating communities for additional confusion.

NeoRausch

I say we use Like The Hat's since that was the first one and the code is properly concealed. Can that be added to the OP? We really don't need a bunch of people creating communities for additional confusion.

yeah, add the one from Robin 64 for EU and like that hat? for NA to the OP.

sounds perfect

so even this game has a larger file size than Mario 3D World?

still downloading I needed to buy something else from eShop but I guess I'll hit my backlog with my untouched WWHD

Storm360

Just finished trying it or so, had fun, although not sure how effect it's gonna be, I feel like it would help during higher weights, but overall for just keeping healthy i'm not sure.

What's the recommended time to play daily btw? I played around a hour or so, and don't feel tired, should I go until i'm exhausted or a certain play time per day?

Wait what's the actual link to sign up for a community? Can I do it through the PC Miiverse or do I need to be on the Wii U itself?

kubus

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if it's possible to register a Fit Meter on the trial version *without* a balance board?

I have a balance board but it's at my parents' place. I won't be able to pick it up for quite some time, as they're pretty far away. I still want to make use of the promotion, though.

RaidenZR

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if it's possible to register a Fit Meter on the trial version *without* a balance board?

I have a balance board but it's at my parents' place. I won't be able to pick it up for quite some time, as they're pretty far away. I still want to make use of the promotion, though.

You can't get past the first few prompts without having a paired balance board. So no.

So I have been playing around with Wii Fit U for most of the afternoon and, well.....does it amaze anyone else how long it took Nintendo to develop what is essentially Wii Fit Plus +? While there are a few new activities included it is by and large the exact same experience as before and can scarcely be considered a sequel. It just blows my mind that it took them a year to push this out.

Kouriozan

So I have been playing around with Wii Fit U for most of the afternoon and, well.....does it amaze anyone else how long it took Nintendo to develop what is essentially Wii Fit Plus +? While there are a few new activities included it is by and large the exact same experience as before and can scarcely be considered a sequel. It just blows my mind that it took them a year to push this out.
It was ready to be released this summer.
But Nintendo then decided to delay everything for the holidays.

Lexxism

I'm gonna create a North America gaf community now. Until we hear that they are region locked for sure though, let's just consider the current one the official gaf one.

Edit

created! quote for code

Edit 2 guess mine was too slow

Is this the community that people in NA are using or not?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but for the people that have the meter does it make random noises? Don't want to be sitting in class and have it beeping randomly during a test or something.

Yeah, the one I posted is the one

Also quote this message for a direct link to the miiverse community for the American GAF community, for PC access. No idea how to actually access this on miiverse on wii u.

Sorry if this has bee. Asked before, but for the people that have the meter does it make random noises? Don't want to be sitting in class and have it beeping randomly during a test or something.

It beeps by default but you can turn the sound off.

Cherubae

Sorry if this has bee. Asked before, but for the people that have the meter does it make random noises? Don't want to be sitting in class and have it beeping randomly during a test or something.

It's totally quiet until you press the buttons to view the menus. You can turn the sound off if you'd like, or just reduce the sound volume by 50% or so.

Edit: The temperature its detecting appears to be a tad off if you wear it with the face inside the pocket instead of the face on the outside. I just checked mine that was inside my pocket (clip facing the outside so as to not get its face scratched) and it measured the outside temp as 82 F.

Top Bottom