• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

gogoud

well if you have real poor balance... the neighbours below might complain on the account of you constantly falling. though it's best to have something to soften the fall or something to help you catch yourself.

a standing fan is my saviour here. some of those yoga poses are real tricky when it comes to standing on one leg. :(

right now I'm a one star unbalanced machine. but after 3 days it seems to be getting better \o/

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Oh, since someone mistaken my Mii for his one I decided to edit mine so he looks a bit more original.
Here is my new "me" :

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01l3um5.jpg

Ha, that costume suit me so well :lol

Goddamn that was your mii haha. I actually squeezed into this pic too ;)

The NeoGAF gym community is a fucking awesome addition to an otherwise great game. Though sometimes the stats seem kinda weird. Yesterday it was 80% male, 20% female, yet today it said all male. I wonder what/wheb the stats update...?

oti

Banned
I find it kind of ironic a pig is the one telling you how many calories you burn.

If you want to say that you conquered your weaker self (as in getting the willpower to workout) in German you say: "Inneren Schweinehund überwinden".

Schweinehund means Pig Dog in English.

dock

I've got back into my morning routine before work, although I need to start getting out of bed earlier so that I have more time.

I also picked up a yoga mat which makes a huuuge difference with the slippery wooden floor in my apartment. :)

My step counts are disappointingly small due to my very short commute. I should probably start jogging, but c'mon - November weather in England? :(

jts

...hate me...
Does the algorithm for the kcal meter (on the FitMeter) accounts for the BMR somehow? It counted a shit tonne of wasted kcal yesterday. A shitload of steps too. Not sure if too accurate. It was a normal day of work though, and then I had my weekly late night footie game with friends, which I just came home from.

Even without the football match, I just feel that if I burn that many calories a day (and this was an off day from lifting) I should be leaner. Much, much leaner :'(

Exile20

Anyone tried the Golf yet? This shit is awesome, the analysis is on point with replay video of myself(camera), mii or model. It details your swing, weight transfer and momentum.

Please put this in Wii Sports Club. Good job Nintendo.

Is there a way to skip the easy versions of the exercises?

I guess I don't mind doing everything a couple of times to unlock them, but I spent most of 2012 in the gym, so they're feeling a little light for me.

Robin64

Yeah, wow, the Fit Meter seems way too generous. Clipped mine on this morning, went to the end of the road and back to deliver my bin (it's about 100 meters journey), went up and down my stairs once, then drove to work (which shouldn't be getting counted).

31 calories burnt..

Whaaa?

BooJoh

Yeah, wow, the Fit Meter seems way too generous. Clipped mine on this morning, went to the end of the road and back to deliver my bin (it's about 100 meters journey), went up and down my stairs once, then drove to work (which shouldn't be getting counted).

31 calories burnt..

Whaaa?

I'm not positive but I think the Fit Meter might account for calories burned at rest as well as while active.

GulAtiCa

btw: Why does the Wii Fit Meter randomly beep at me at times? Like if I'm doing a running in place or light run, I will hear a little jingle from it once in a while.

I'm not positive but I think the Fit Meter might account for calories burned at rest as well as while active.
I really dislike that actually. Makes it seem like I exercised a good 200 calories more then it should say.. I also needed to stop wearing it in the car, else it would count even more... lol

RaidenZR

I'm not sure I buy this theory. Depending on the individual, don't our bodies burn 1000+ calories per day just by way of performing the bodily functions that keep us alive?

Redberyl

Neo Member
I'm not sure I buy this theory. Depending on the individual, don't our bodies burn 1000+ calories per day just by way of performing the bodily functions that keep us alive?

maybe it's counting movement that aren't steps too? it definitely goes up when i wear it and am not walking around, but not when i'm sleeping and have it off.

edit: also checked when i'm driving (at stop lights), it's been good so far at not accidentally counting extra steps

btw: Why does the Wii Fit Meter randomly beep at me at times? Like if I'm doing a running in place or light run, I will hear a little jingle from it once in a while.

I really dislike that actually. Makes it seem like I exercised a good 200 calories more then it should say.. I also needed to stop wearing it in the car, else it would count even more... lol
I assume it plays the sounds because you press the middle button by accident. And you should take your fit meter with you even in car or bus, as it will register your movement, but also the intensity, which would be light activity.

GulAtiCa

I assume it plays the sounds because you press the middle button by accident. And you should take your fit meter with you even in car or bus, as it will register your movement, but also the intensity, which would be light activity.
I'm not pressing it though. At least I don't think so. And I'm not talking about the normal turn on beep. It actually beeps a small song.

I do take it with me in car, I just take it and place it in cup holder. Else it will register me as walking, etc. When I'm just sitting haha

Exile20

I'm not pressing it though. At least I don't think so. And I'm not talking about the normal turn on beep. It actually beeps a small song.

I do take it with me in car, I just take it and place it in cup holder. Else it will register me as walking, etc. When I'm just sitting haha

It still tracks steps in the car?

adroit

Earlier in the thread someone suggested it plays a tune when you reach a goal (maybe a milestone on one of those climbing paths). I don't own the game so I'm just going by what I've read.

Edit: Here's the post:

I asked this on twitter and the consensus was that it plays a tune when you reach your step goals.

tsab

Hi Gaf, just added euro neogaf community. how can I access the gym community from miiverse? or is it only available ingame?

edit:eek:h just click favorite communities? so easy :/

GulAtiCa

It still tracks steps in the car?
At least for me it does. I drive about 30 minutes to get to work, and it's very hilly. My altitude goes up a lot and down a lot a good bit during my road trip. So maybe that and not exactly smooth ride is tricking the meter in thinking I'm walking/running.

Earlier in the thread someone suggested it plays a tune when you reach a goal (maybe a milestone on one of those climbing paths). I don't own the game so I'm just going by what I've read.

Edit: Here's the post:

Ahh, that explains it then.

Shauni

So, I don't really get the Trampoline exercise? Is there a certain amount of time before you need to extend your legs. I've kept it at a pretty steady pace, but it seems to be almost random no matter how steady I keep.

But really, I find myself really liking this. It makes for a great pre and post workout for my daily routine. Wish Nintendo hadn't made the Wii Fit Meter so limited store-wise. No shops that sell it near me, and Amazon is out of stock right now. Probably going to order from Toys R Us with a new Wiimote.

Cherubae

The NeoGAF gym community is a fucking awesome addition to an otherwise great game. Though sometimes the stats seem kinda weird. Yesterday it was 80% male, 20% female, yet today it said all male. I wonder what/wheb the stats update...?

It's probably because Girl-GAF hasn't played Wii fit U yet that day (sorry, we're busy) and probably updates as we log in. The most played activities also changes from day-to-day.

RaidenZR

It's probably because Girl-GAF hasn't played Wii fit U yet that day (sorry, we're busy) and probably updates as we log in. The most played activities also changes from day-to-day.

Yeah I think it should be more clear about what it's showing because it's currently unclear. It has confused the hell out of me for days.

Maybe separate tabs that change what's displayed: lifetime data versus current/online activity.

Exile20

That stat is who is online at that moment in time.

Shauni

Oh shit, now the Wii Fit Meter is out of stock at Toys R Us online? I don't get why Nintendo made such a limited amount of these things. Partially my fault for not jumping on board sooner, but dammit!

Chorazin

Got a Zombie 5k Obstalce Course this Saturday, should be a good (and muddy) time! I usually rest two days before an event, so this time I'm gonna "rest" by not doing my normal routine and just playing a little Wii Fit in the evenings along with yoga in the mornings.

Exile20

Although it was sold out for a while it is still at #27

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #27 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Does anyone else want to punch the male trainer when in the middle of a tough yoga pose he says, "You're a little shaky!"

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just started this... and why did this take so long to make? I swear the models are the same as the original Wii game outside of new menus. o_o

Terrell

Got my Fit Meter today but haven't been home to sync it yet. Like the feel of it, especially the soft-press buttons.

Looks like my journey to fitness begins.

AndrewPL

I couldn't find a wii fit u meter at any store in New Zealand so had to order from overseas (UK)

at least while annoying shop keepers about products they had never heard about, one of them turned the screen around and showed that they had clearance on wii fit plus bundle...so I travelled across the city and picked up my 3rd board (was around US$6.50/ NZ $10)

My only problem is that I need to have a stand or something to put the control pad on a high enough level so I can see it comfortably while the wife uses the TV for things other than video games

Shauni

Really? The mobile Amazon.com said it had 12 and Prime delivery was available.

They were there. I got mine right when I saw your post, but they went fast as fuck. I don't get why Nintendo created this on such a limited basis, especially with a game they see as one of their cornerstone titles for the holidays.

Top Bottom