• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Karaoke U by Joysound |OT| I Wanna Dance With Shibata

Chû Totoro;85537201 said:
Sure but I'll post hers first (and her friends). She had so many SingStar nights with friends I think her impressions could be interesting, yeah :)

She doesn't care about Sony or Nintendo (or gamepad or whatever) so she'll say things without bias I think (I mean if GamePad is useless she'll surely say it lol).

My impressions are going to be on the price (mostly) :p

Also there is already quite good posts here about first tries and the games seems to be fun :D

i thought the gamepad was great for searching and preorderng songs.

Jethro

Played it with friends yesterday and I noticed there were 50 new Songs. They want to update the List almost every week according to a posting on Miiverse.

First a very important point that can be a bad one but it's how karaoke are made :
  • no video clip and not the real singer / music (can be a bad point for some but "old school" Karaoke is the most fun while you sing on remade songs... and manage to make the song sound even less good when you sing lol)

So here are my wife's impressions (she was only ok to make a pros / cons list for me so...) :

+ huge song list
+ real karaoke software feeling (interface, settings...)
+ very fun when playing with more than 2-3 people (while Singstar can be long or inadapted to song sessions with a group of 5+ people)
+ price is well ajusted
+ some modes are quite interesting to try

- sometimes it sounds really cheap (like real karaoke lol)
- no french and no japanese songs for now
- most big license won't come here : disney for example (or is it something that we can have one day?)

So for her, if you like a very specific genre of music Singstar styles games are better because you choose certain tracks that you can keep and play when you want (even with no online).
If you're a fan of Karaoke and you don't really care not to see your favorite star (or even hear her / his voice) then it's pure fun for like "hundred of years" !

Pezking

Chû Totoro;85981852 said:
So for her, if you like a very specific genre of music Singstar styles games are better

I'd say Wii Karaoke U already offers a greater variety of different genres.

You won't find stuff like Bad Religion or DragonForce on Singstar.

SmokeMaxX

If you don't have a USB mic and want to get one, note that Nintendo sell an official Wii U one.

16007273-7147

Best Buy is clearancing these out for like $5 or $6. If Nintendo would confirm this is coming to the US, I'd buy one or two right now.

Jethro

Another 51 Songs added:
Hi everyone!
I'm Yuka from JOYSOUND. Here's the latest update on newly added songs! Today, a total of 51 songs have been added, including: "Something in My House" "Turn Around and Count 2 Ten" "A Girl Like You" "100 MPH" "So Natural" "Sad" "Secret" "Common People" "Good Vibrations" "Wouldn't It Be Nice"

I hope you enjoy singing them for yourself!

For more information on newly added songs, check out the list of new additions within the software itself. You can find it under Main Menu ⇒ Find Songs ⇒ Browse Other ⇒ Browse New Songs.

Exile20

L~A

By the way, there's also a trailer for the service, I ripped it and uploaded it on YouTube!

Let's just hope that Nintendo isn't as slow to add songs as they are to release new Virtual Console games... but so far so good. Any Japanese songs already? I have to admit, I haven't had a single opportunity to use the service yet...

Exile20

By the way, there's also a trailer for the service, I ripped it and uploaded it on YouTube!

Let's just hope that Nintendo isn't as slow to add songs as they are to release new Virtual Console games... but so far so good. Any Japanese already?

I like that trailer. It shows a lot. Thanks,

1652 songs now.. They added 152 songs since launch. No japanese songs though :(
Chû Totoro;85981852 said:
First a very important point that can be a bad one but it's how karaoke are made :
  • no video clip and not the real singer / music (can be a bad point for some but "old school" Karaoke is the most fun while you sing on remade songs... and manage to make the song sound even less good when you sing lol)

So here are my wife's impressions (she was only ok to make a pros / cons list for me so...) :

+ huge song list
+ real karaoke software feeling (interface, settings...)
+ very fun when playing with more than 2-3 people (while Singstar can be long or inadapted to song sessions with a group of 5+ people)
+ price is well ajusted
+ some modes are quite interesting to try

- sometimes it sounds really cheap (like real karaoke lol)
- no french and no japanese songs for now
- most big license won't come here : disney for example (or is it something that we can have one day?)

So for her, if you like a very specific genre of music Singstar styles games are better because you choose certain tracks that you can keep and play when you want (even with no online).
If you're a fan of Karaoke and you don't really care not to see your favorite star (or even hear her / his voice) then it's pure fun for like "hundred of years" !

It has

A whole new world
Can you feel the love tonight
Youll be in my heart

Man, tried it today with a few friends, what a blast. Surprised to see a few Dream Theater songs there, I had so much fucking fun even though I completely ruined their songs. Fantastic "game", really, they should market this heavily.

Jethro

Man, tried it today with a few friends, what a blast. Surprised to see a few Dream Theater songs there, I had so much fucking fun even though I completely ruined their songs. Fantastic "game", really, they should market this heavily.

Played it with my brother and two friends last Friday for hours and it was pure fun. Yeah, I'm surprised about Dream Theater too and I'm ruining them as well ;).

Two things still bothers me. As mentioned above the lack of a duett/duell modus and no option for picking up a song at random.

please come to NA....please come to NA....please come to NA.....goddamn region locking is ruining all my potential fun right now

I got a 7 day free pass with my Wind Waker Wii U pack. Is there any way to browse the songs without activating it? Or maybe an online list somewhere?

I'm gonna have to wait till Christmas, or my next Annual Leave before redeeming my code, but it would be nice to prepare beforehand.

Robin64

I got a 7 day free pass with my Wind Waker Wii U pack. Is there any way to browse the songs without activating it? Or maybe an online list somewhere?

I'm gonna have to wait till Christmas, or my next Annual Leave before redeeming my code, but it would be nice to prepare beforehand.

Just install the app but don't activate your pass. Browsing is free and you don't need to use it for that.

Yes and yes. You can just download it and turn it on. You will be able to browse the song list. There is also a songlist online.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii...raoke-U-by-JOYSOUND-774729.html#Song_Database

Hasney

Downloaded the trial with some friends over and pissed ourselves at how terrible most of the metal songs sounded. We had a laugh with it, but will probably never buy a pass again.

Jethro

Nice Aerials and all good Songs from the Peppers are there now. And yeah the Metal Songs (Dragonforce) sounds terrible. Whar are they tinking?

Brofield

Goddamn, Born In The USA? Radio Nowhere? Hell, even Old Dan Tucker (You're too late to get your supper...)? All that Springsteen gloriousness that I wouldn't have even dreamed of.

Augh...come to North America already, goddammit

kulapik

Shoutout to all Spanish players: Nintendo Official Magazine issue for this month comes with a free 24h pass. It costs 3,50€ so you get a 30% plus you have something to read. I might buy it so I can give it away, though I don't have a Nintendo console anymore (only a dusty Wii).

L~A

Looks like there's going to be an announcement in just a few minutes :

#WiiKaraokeU fans, tune in at 11:00 CET today for a chat between Miiverse's Marty & Ella at the #Miiverse Karaoke announcement community

Click here for said community ;)

69wpm

Got one of those 1 week trial codes (EU). If somebody wants it in exchange for eShop credit (€), hit me up with a pm.

L~A

Got some very good news :)

Good morning, everyone. The reason why I am here so early in the morning is to give you a special announcement. I'm very pleased to tell you that the first Japanese songs will be added to our catalogue later today!! Thank you for waiting patiently so far and I hope you enjoy singing the Japanese songs as much as you want to. Yuka will post a message in this community once they become available some time later today, so please come back and have a look.

moozoom

I sense a karaoke party incoming... Some famous anime openings I noted :

CUTIE HONEY/キューティーハニー
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
Doraemon no uta/ドラえもんのうた
Kaze no tani no Naushika/風の谷のナウシカ
Majinga Z/マジンガーZ
PEGASUS FANTASY/ペガサス幻想(ファンタジー)
MOONLIGHT densetsu/ムーンライト伝説

It's really nice that they kept their promise and added these (relatively) quickly.
Now I'd like some Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Capsule, Pizzicato Five, and Perfume songs please !

Top Bottom