• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Karaoke U by Joysound |OT| I Wanna Dance With Shibata

Kanhir

The song database website is a massive pain to navigate, so I C+P'd the song list into a Google doc. Enjoy.

(Sorted by artist; Japanese songs at the bottom.)

Kanhir

They mostly seem to be anime songs. I spot various Dragon Ball incarnations, a bunch of One Piece and Naruto, some Rurouni Kenshin and Digimon, and even an Ouendan song.

@Nintendo: English Pokemon theme plz.

Zoe

They mostly seem to be anime songs. I spot various Dragon Ball incarnations, a bunch of One Piece and Naruto, some Rurouni Kenshin and Digimon, and even an Ouendan song.

There are actually quite a few pop songs, but they're not necessarily the most popular songs from each artist or songs that have actually been relevant within the last decade.

Tu101uk

Actually there are quite a few more anime OPs/EDs there, and a couple more Ouendan songs to boot.

God, I'd get a WiiU for this, if only to blare out loads of the English songs (as well as "only my railgun")...

...Wow, they put up the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni theme.

Of all the anime Nintendo could pick, that certainly would have been one of the ones I assumed Nintendo wouldn't want to be associated with, what with the fact it often involves the
gruesome murders of young children

Welp, I like the song anyway. Shame this doesn't have a more permenant option, I'm not too interested in paying a fee for a limited time.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
On the one hand, I don't know japanese songs. On the other hand, there's now hope we also get french songs at one point.

Pretty cool list of Japanese songs but as someone that doesn't know a lick of the language I really don't care that much. Guess I'll buy another day ticket at some point to get an "obete imasu ka" out before degenerating into gibberish attempts at phonetics, leading to Earth's destruction by Boddole Zer.

I suppose I'll be able to just bellow "CHA LA HEAD CHA LA" and "WE GOTTA POWER" too.

And no english songs were added :'(

I don't mind an update with no English songs if it stops the "Japanese songs when" every week.

Jubern

Just saw the list of Japanese songs added. There won't be a lot of people singing in Japanese, and when there are, you can bet a good part of them are going to be anime fans or something (not saying this as a bad thing!)

Knowing that, and considering what kind of artists and songs have been popular in France (dunno about other countries, sorry!) thanks to all those anime we got as kids, what is/was popular on internet and channels such as Nolife, I feel like this is a very good start.

prag16

Banned
Still no news on a US release? I don't embarrass myself enough, I need to do it more....

Bump to ask this again No news on any U.S. release?

Some guy who is now banned seemed to blame this on the RIAA. Anybody in any position to expand on that?

Bo130

I just skimmed this thread, and I'm glad to see that others are having problems with the GamePads mic as well, and it seems it works much better with an USB microphone.

Does anyone of you have recomendations in that regard? I would very much like it to work with my first purchase.

Jethro

Someone else enjoying the latest Songs Update?

Daft Punk and AC/DC are two great additions to the overall good catalogue of songs.

Have a look

Although for me there are still some bands missing like U2, REM, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Iron Maiden, Metallica.

iKhayal18

Surprisingly, even considering the bad success of Wii U, they still update the catalogue each thursday. I really hope that NX also has this Karaoke software integrated, because otherwise it would be a wasted effort.

Jethro

Sorry if someone already answered this, but are the PlayStation SingStar microphones (like these) work with the Wii U and this software in particular?

As far as I remember a friend of mine used the original Singstar microphones for Wii U Karaoke. If you have a Wii U, just start the program, switch on the mic and you will see, if it works.

Surprisingly, even considering the bad success of Wii U, they still update the catalogue each thursday. I really hope that NX also has this Karaoke software integrated, because otherwise it would be a wasted effort.

Yeah, something i'm looking forward each Thursyday and I hope the story goes on on NX. Besides missing some great bands and some awful sounding songs, the removal of several songs (and not telling which ones) is still my biggest complain.

As far I remember a friend of mine used the original Singstar microphones for Wii U Karaoke. If you have a Wii U, just start the program, switch on the mic and you will see, if it works.

Thanks for the answer, but the point is that I can't test it, I'm asking in order to buy it.

Jethro

Btw. the original Nintendo WIi U Mics are quite cheap and have a good quality (using them now). Before them I used those.

Guess It was said several times here you can use almost every USB-Mic.

Zoe

Thanks for the answer, but the point is that I can't test it, I'm asking in order to buy it.

They're not normal USB mics. I tried them with the PS4 Joysound, but they didn't work so I can't imagine they would work with the Wii U.

Btw. the original Nintendo WIi U Mics are quite cheap and have a good quality (using them now). Before them I used those.

Guess It was said several times here you can use almost every USB-Mic.

I'd hardly call them good quality... but they're cheap and easy to obtain.

Jethro

Last Song Update was three weeks ago. Wonder what is going on there. Japanese catalogue got his regular update.

Top Bottom