• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

jmizzal

It you want costume, comments during games, you have to create them in online banter then wait about an hour for it to post on Miivers, then when you edit your comments select post from Miiverse and you will see them.

Downloaded this too... Now I gotta go out and get a wii eshop $20 card for both games...

Here's hoping that Black Friday sees a huge sale on these eshop cards :(

tsab

I don't know if it was mentioned, but you must be online to play with a day pass (some form of drm I guess), the single sport pass doesn't need internet connection on

got to play a couple of games of tennis won 2 lost 2, no lag and getting a game was super quick and easy

also played a game of bowling didn't like how it was 4 players took to long to get through a 10 pin game, think ill just spend the money on tennis as its quick

UK-Northern Ireland represent yoooooooo

jmizzal

As my WiiU friend said, they need to update the WiiU message system to let you know when you have a message, atleast give you a pop up, I messaged him to play a game and I had no idea when he replayed and was waiting until I went back to miiverse 5 mins later.

We need to post in to Tom in the Miiverse update post and tell them to give a message alert.

Zing

Banned
I played four games of bowling and four of tennis. In one game of bowling, one player was disconnected, but otherwise it was all smooth.

I really really wish they had implemented regular tennis scoring. I'd love to hear why they went with the seven point game. It would also be great to have a rematch option. I hope they add it later. I have the impression they may, since the current button says "change opponent". Add another button that says "rematch". Maybe an option to play a full set or something.

Ontario club has 12 people so far. :)

I wonder how the rival of the day is chosen. Our rival is Venezuela. Yeah, okay. How many people there have the Wii U I wonder? It had zero members when I checked earlier.

It's also kind of goofy how a club that has a single game can be in first place because they have "100% win".

zroid

Banned
The wonkiness of the win% based rankings should get smoothed out over time. Since you can't make new clubs, eventually there will be enough games played in each as to be reasonable. Probably...

I played four games of bowling and four of tennis. In one game of bowling, one player was disconnected, but otherwise it was all smooth.

I really really wish they had implemented regular tennis scoring. I'd love to hear why they went with the seven point game. It would also be great to have a rematch option. I hope they add it later. I have the impression they may, since the current button says "change opponent". Add another button that says "rematch". Maybe an option to play a full set or something.

I wonder how the rival of the day is chosen. Our rival is Venezuela. Yeah, okay. How many people there have the Wii U I wonder? It had zero members when I checked earlier.

It's also kind of goofy how a club that has a single game can be in first place because they have "100% win".

This is interesting. I'm almost positive I'm the only person with a Wii U in my country, Grenada, which has a population of 100,000. I remember being the sole representative in Grand Slam Tennis.

But then I have my Wii U region set to Alberta, Canada so maybe I'll just leave it at that.

So i made my first banter...

zlCfzRLk1Bsd1xKJdy

jmizzal

They have a rematch option for Friends game, its odd they dont have it for random games

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Played 3 games of tennis. 2 very smooth, 1 very laggy. An italian guy who probbly got used to the lag. But even so I like it, it's fun.

Exile20

This is interesting. I'm almost positive I'm the only person with a Wii U in my country, Grenada, which has a population of 100,000. I remember being the sole representative in Grand Slam Tennis.

But then I have my Wii U region set to Alberta, Canada so maybe I'll just leave it at that.

You are from Grenada? Nice.
I am from Barbados but living in the US for the last 11 years.

Cartas

Neo Member
18 wins / 20 games so far! :) My club is now 18th best from about 60 when I joined, yay!

The controls feel a bit off though, I press down on the D-Pad mid-rally, even, to make sure it's actually correct...

Celine

Downloaded and tried tennis.
Great fun but online, at least for me, connection was always laggy.
Is there something I can setup in my router to speed it up?

LaNaranja

I had totally forgotten about this. I will have to check it out when I get home. Does it only work with wii remote plus?

HeySeuss

Up to level 8 in tennis. Got to play a good gaffer (Brandon I think). Was 3-2 against him. Good games man!

My plus seems to lose calibration often though, which is frustrating during an online match.

Bowling has more content(with more online modes), and found it to be fun. Online is really quick, and you can see people make their move instantly. Im also really enjoying the music.

Im sure ill end up buying both. Just a really nice, every day, pickup and play game.

Im counting on baseball and golf to be even better.

alf717

I just downloaded everything and got the same error message. Turn it off and on, working great now. Really enjoy tennis.

Tennis is gonna take some getting used to for me. Bowling is my favorite. First time doing 100 pin I got two strikes in a row and botched up the third for a turkey. :D I wonder if they are going for a Wii Sport Plus package or just the original pack in title wii sports set. I would like to see archery and Frisbee make a come back.

Top Bottom