• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

Oidisco

Mostly lag-free so far, except for one match where my opponents connection was so terrible that it took roughly 5 minutes before the match for the VS titlecard thingy to go away. Eventually it just disconnected.

And I had planned on just buying Tennis, but Bowling is so much better than I expected.

zroid

Banned
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

I love WS Tennis so much

Haven't played online yet but I'll do that soon. Getting warmed up with some CPU matchups and Training first.

69wpm

Ok, that was more or less fun:

- finding somebody to play tennis against takes 1 second.
- one guy from Italy pissed me off with his 1 bar internet connection that made the game unplayable
- some dude from sweden lost the game and rage quit, ugh
- 1 match dropped the connection before it started

still very fun when you play against the right people.

69wpm

A suggestion: Is it possible to put the GAF players list in the OP? One for bowling and one for tennis, but with regions, it seems the game is region locked so it doesn't make much sense to add people from NA or JP if you're in Europe.

Pachimari

I can't wait to play you guys in bowling. I think record is something like 279 out of a possible 300, but I also played the sport for real for many years. =p

A suggestion: Is it possible to put the GAF players list in the OP? One for bowling and one for tennis, but with regions, it seems the game is region locked so it doesn't make much sense to add people from NA or JP if you're in Europe.
We should do that yeah.

Hoodbury

I hate to be the one who says this, but "wow, a Nintendo game is fun to play online, why didn't they think of this earlier?"

So many of us have been saying basically every one of their games that have local multiplayer should also include online multiplayer. Every time they do add it, it's really fun. But yet it's still a rare thing for some reason. Hopefully if this is a great success they'll figure it out.

Online sells.

Frodo

I had two lagleess tennis matches with a Russian and a Italian guy. Tried a third match and it was so laggy that it was impossible to play. Don't know if it was my connection or the other player, as mine can get quite bad during the afternoon.

Bog

Junior Ace
I can't wait to play you guys in bowling. I think record is something like 279 out of a possible 300, but I also played the sport for real for many years.

I can tell that's true because you knew the best possible score is 300.

Revven

I loved bowling and tennis on the original Wii Sports but I'm not sure I could spend $20....especially since my Wiimote is ded right now.

I might do the free pass thing in the meantime (when I have a working Wiimote lol)

This is fun as anything but man I'm getting either owned in Tennis or I own them. Getting the perfect timing on a swing is everything and I get so nervous the ball goes flying.

I kinda wish that tennis has two sets though, its over too fast compared to bowling(especially when you get 3 other dudes)

zroid

Banned
I thought eShop downloads were supposed to include the latest updates now. This update is slooooooww.

Yea. I think this one's a special case because the eShop download is just the shell which gets updated with the sports themselves. The "update" is the real game download.

Madouu

online makes this ten times more fun

Too bad about the few laggy games. Most were lag free though!

As far as download speeds are concerned, I think I downloaded and installed the whole thing in 10 minutes or less.

maxcriden

Trying to keep up with the thread but might have missed it--is Spotpass up and running for the USA release? Meaning, is it downloading right now on my Wii U at home?

jmizzal

Nice so if somebody loses connection in bowling, the game keeps going on without them, I like that

4 player Bowling is fun, I hope baseball is 4 on 4 that would be great

Linkyn

That moment when you realise that, while you did remember to bring both a classic Wiimote and Nunchuk with your Wii U to university, you also forgot to add the MotionPlus...

... =(

There's something wrong with Tennis or I'm just dumb...there's no lag and sometimes I can't hit the ball + the mii is too slow to change directions quickly

iphys

At first I thought the online was good for tennis, but then I played someone where the game stuttered the whole way through, and without fail just before I was going to hit the ball every time. Now I never want to play online ever again. The game even stuttered during the replays.

HeySeuss

8 games online and lag free for me so far. Really enjoying this.

It looks like you can't unlock stamps in the free version. Oh well I'll be buying it anyway

At first I thought the online was good for tennis, but then I played someone where the game stuttered the whole way through, and without fail just before I was going to hit the ball every time. Now I never want to play online ever again. The game even stuttered during the replays.

Yeah it's really bad sometimes and you can't even quit because everything is just too slow.
Nah 20 € is too much, Maybe I'll buy ZombiU for 14,99 and play through it again.

Zing

Banned
Currently playing bowling with three others online. It's hilarious how we don't know the preset chat and keep saying inappropriate things.

zroid

Banned
Online play has been getting better for me, but the lag does pop up from time to time. It really sucks for a game like Tennis where it's so fast-paced and even a momentary stutter can be ruinous.

I'm getting the hang of the controls though. Definitely trickier than in the original Wii Sports.

KooPaL

I wouldn't have an issue with the lag if the indicator told me that my connection was spotty. I played someone who was in the same club location and had a 5 bar connection yet had the stutter which made the game annoying. At this point I was really excited about this game but with that performance I won't be purchasing this one. Hopefully they get it right by the time ping pong releases.

HeySeuss

Had my first laggy game. It was unplayable but you can't quit and the connection never got better. Stuttering mess.

Top Bottom