• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club |OT| Get your Miiverse trash-talk on

Man, this game is cool and all, but it feels like there's a lot more they could have done in terms of the online features. I really wish that bowling had team play first of all, but both games could really use a tournament system. I'd go so far as to say Nintendo needs to look into building one to release as a patch for this game down the line, cuz it could really push the social aspect of the game even further. Bowling tournies with thousands of players sounds like a dream to me. I wish Nintendo wasn't so terrified of the Internet, there is just so much untapped potential there.

Agreed. MK8 is going to allow us to host tournaments on miiverse. No reason why that feature cant be in sports club.

69wpm

So I tried playing against the CPU in tennis for the first time this morning, and it matched me against a Star-10 team or something (I'm star-5), and it was unbelievably ridiculous. I swear the players were able to run faster than mine.

Yes, tried to beat the 2 girls myself for half an hour, couldn't score more than 2 points. It's ridiculously hard.

Is anybody getting stamps? I got one yesterday for bowling a turkey but none of the other ones I should have got in both sports have counted.

kitsuneyo

Agreed. MK8 is going to allow us to host tournaments on miiverse. No reason why that feature cant be in sports club.

As someone said earlier, the GAF Mario Kart 8 is going to be incredible. It's a massive shame it will probably be split between North America and PAL

Taker666

Instead of choosing "Any", for an opponent, try choosing "club", and select your state, or nearby.

That sounds like it would help with avoiding laggy games.

You'd think so....but one of my least laggy games was against someone on the opposite world (I'm in the UK, they were in Australia) and my most laggy was against someone in my local "club".

kitsuneyo

You'd think so....but one of my least laggy games was against someone on the opposite world (I'm in the UK, they were in Australia) and my most laggy was against someone in my local "club".

Yeah my most laggy game was against someone about 150 miles away. I've had good games against Germans, Portuguese and other countries.

I'd really love to play against some people here, but it seems most of the people on my Friends List aren't playing this game at all. The ones that do probably aren't searching by friend.

...and my list is at 100 :(

kitsuneyo

I'd really love to play against some people here, but it seems most of the people on my Friends List aren't playing this game at all. The ones that do probably aren't searching by friend.

I'm about to switch it on, I need to pay for tennis first though.

You can add me if you want my nnid is CrimsonCommie. I'll be back on pretty soon.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I never played resort, sorry.

Oh ok. Resort bowling basically gave you full control over spin rather than have it be situational. I didn't really get into wii tennis so I don't know what limitations it had.

djyella

Got this last night and played for a while and again this morning. I'm already hooked on this game. Level Star-2 now. The games with serious lag are a little annoying so if the game doesn't lose connection after a couple of points I pretty much just let the timer run down. I think its for the best. Also, this def controls a little different that the original game...I could put all kinds of spin on the ball on the original but I'm having a hard time doing it with this game. Still my timing is pretty good. 89 points form the baseline and only 4 from the net haha. I'll start practicing more to the my spin back. NNID: keith.colbert See yall out there!

Bullza2o

This is such a fun game. I love tennis. My sister and I went like 12-0 in doubles. Bowling takes a bit too long though, online. Overall everything is fun, which is the most important.

Jagsrock

Banned
So much fun, It just get's better the more you play.
Tip for Tennis: Setting up between shots is a must just like in real tennis or you'll find yourself with the racket on wrong side and you'll be swinging at air. Also no need to try to whack the hell out of it, keep it smooth and you'll find your shots will be way more precise.

I should reword what I said. I was hoping that a friend at my house could play with me against two people on the internet but you can't, not for bowling anyway, haven't tried tennis.

Anyone wanting to get their ass kicked in doubles (me and my GF), add me and we'll be more than happy to accomodate:

Nnid: humbleseagoat

(Pm me here if you're online now or reply)

AzaK

Well my day is up and I don't think I'll be buying. Far too bland. I feel like they just uprezzed a Wii game. For maybe 1/2-1/4 of the price per sport I probably would but US$10 for that sort of lazy effort; no way.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I'll grab Tennis in the morning, I think. I resisted all day but now I can resist no longer! GOTTA SWING

mstevens

Wait, so if my girlfriend wants to play games online and have her own record and stuff, the only way to do that is to make her own Wii U account on my system and switch to that? I spent like 20 minutes looking for a "switch mii" option.

why did this not auto download for me?

that's exactly what i wonder now that i'm back home :(

It seems game will be "pushed" on Nov 11.
First-timers can try out Wii Sports Club during a 24-hour free trial. Figure out which sports you like, and look into getting a pass. Set up an Internet connection, then go to the Nintendo eShop to download the game starting on November 7. Or just enable the SpotPass™ feature on your Wii U console to automatically download the game on November 11.

Downloaded yesterday and had a couple of online Bowling matches, got immediately hooked and purchased the Bowling Pass.

Everything went smoothly, even when "connection health bar" showed a poor connection. (guess the turn-based nature of Bowling "hides" any lag issues)

Will check Tennis at some point but atm Bowling is really more than enough.

Btw, is there any way to cancel the online match search?

one_kill

Downloaded yesterday and had a couple of online Bowling matches, got immediately hooked and purchased the Bowling Pass.

Everything went smoothly, even when "connection health bar" showed a poor connection.
(guess the turn-based nature of Bowling "hides" any lag issues)

Will check Tennis at some point but atm Bowling is really more than enough.

Btw, is there any way to cancel the online match search?
I don't think there is.

Also, if for some reason your internet gets disconnected, there seems to be no way to log back in without closing and restarting the software.

Top Bottom