• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of this info might cause people to wet their pants so please take it with a lot of salt, and keep your emotions in check. Im just the messenger.

The info that Im about to present paints a picture of a company doing their best to attract core gamers to buying their system by constructing one of the strongest launches in console history.

Alright... here we go.
Got this info about 30 minutes ago...

I got another source confirming that indeed Nintendo planned for an October release.
Specifically, on the 11th. An unusual move for Nintendo but for a special reason. He did warn to take into consideration that plans might have changed slightly due to some issues that I will explain shortly.

So why is launching on October 11th so important?

Ninty is counting on having the WiiU version of AC3 launch at least two and a half weeks before it hits the HD twins!

PS3/360 AC3 launch dates:
NA October 30, 2012
PAL October 31, 2012

Thats right, Nintendo wants to be out first with one of the most biggest AAA titles this holiday. However, these plans are in flux because there is concern that AC3 for the WiiU might be not finished in time.

If this October 11 date was true, it would already be concrete considering it's less than 60 days away. There is no way it would be "in flux" and have concerns about a game not being ready.

Plus October 11 is a Thursday, and Nintendo never launches anything on a Thursday. Sunday for all major releases, and sometimes Monday/Tuesday for some minor releases.

golcarfel

Neo Member
Some of this info might cause people to wet their pants so please take it with a lot of salt, and keep your emotions in check. Im just the messenger.

The info that Im about to present paints a picture of a company doing their best to attract core gamers to buying their system by constructing one of the strongest launches in console history.

Alright... here we go.

I got another source confirming that indeed Nintendo planned for an October release.
Specifically, on the 11th. An unusual move for Nintendo but for a special reason. He did warn to take into consideration that plans might have changed slightly due to some issues that I will explain shortly.

Ninty is counting on having the WiiU version of AC3 launch at least two and a half weeks before it hits the HD twins!

NA October 30, 2012
PAL October 31, 2012

Thats right, Nintendo wants to be out first with one of the most biggest AAA titles this holiday. However, these plans are in flux because there is concern that AC3 for the WiiU might be not finished in time.

Dude, that would be amazing if true! And I would love an October release so that we could get the Wii U sooner but it'll be i college and wouldn't want this to derail me :/

gamestop.com has Batman Arkham City:AE and Scribblenauts WiiU for 49.99, I just preordered Batman, do they honor prices? I know Amazon does.

Amazon has both Batman and Scribblenauts for $59.99

I would also like to know if Gamestop honors the price so that I could go reserve the games

MDX

If this October 11 date was true, it would already be concrete considering it's less than 60 days away. There is no way it would be "in flux" and have concerns about a game not being ready.

Plus October 11 is a Thursday, and Nintendo never launches anything on a Thursday. Sunday for all major releases, and sometimes Monday/Tuesday for some minor releases.

Yeah, what did I say?

An unusual move for Nintendo

kitsuneyo

Call of Duty Black OPS 2 will come bundled with the Wii U Pro controller for a very special price!

Sounds all very reasonable, if it isn't true then Nintendo has missed a trick.

AC III though, there's a game whose hype I can't comprehend. To me this is a franchise that would never have been successful without massive marketing dollars behind it. Still, if it sells WiiUs then cool.

AzaK

The discussion over the last few pages is exactly why this thread was renamed, and why so many other Wii U threads get derailed.

He didnt shit up the thread anymore than thise who spent a page or two getting so upsrt about his posts. If people would ignore said posts then the thread wouldnt be derailed.

Well thing is, the thread here is actually pretty good until people come in and start being a pain in the arse.

Nintendo will have 2 SKU's for the Wii U.
One priced at 299,00 and the other priced at 349,00.

The first SKU for 299,00 will be bare bones. Package will contain Wii U unit and one Gamepad controller. The system will NOT include an HDMI cable.

The second SKU for 349,00 will include Nintendo-Land and a voucher for online purchase!
The voucher will enable you to purchase at least two games through the new online store.

Now here comes the kicker...

Call of Duty Black OPS 2 will come bundled with the Wii U Pro controller for a very special price!

Yeah an extra $50 for Nintendo Land and digital purchase might work for me. Nintendo Land by itself for $50 wouldn't even though I want it.

CODBLOPS II with Pro controller though, that could go down a treat for some.

And AC3 first to Wii U? Wow. That would be pretty intense.

JordanN

Banned
That is a pre-alpha screen of gow3 and back then ssm were developing their engine concurrently while making the game,at that time the game didn't even have dof,it has super clean iq including shadows

Even the last of us has some amazing looking shadows,so p-100 may not be using compute shaders....
I looked at last of us and it does a good job with shadows but it still screams "DX9" to me. The vegetation doesn't hold up as well.
http://www.abload.de/img/aa_00002krb.png
http://www.abload.de/img/aa_001tmkrm.png

In P-100, all the flowers/trees are represented well.

Alright... here we go.

NA October 30, 2012
PAL October 31, 2012

The first SKU for 299,00 will be bare bones. Package will contain Wii U unit and one Gamepad controller. The system will NOT include an HDMI cable.

The second SKU for 349,00 will include Nintendo-Land and a voucher for online purchase!
The voucher will enable you to purchase at least two games through the new online store.

tumblr_m8nzl35s8f1qakaqpo1_400.gif

But seriously, I'm not getting my hopes too high.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MDX, if you're going to start spreading shit claiming sources I'm going to have to start asking where you're getting the info from.

Meelow

Banned
Here are some rumors that where sent to Go-Nintendo from a supposed Gamespot Employee.

Here's some more rumors that supposedly come from a GameStop employee in my home state of NJ...

- Wii U is to release the week of Black Friday 2012
- Wii U Pre-Orders planned to open next week
- Certain titles such as 'Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition' are listed as $49.99 and are not estimates

The week of Black Friday does seem like a sweet spot for release in the states. I'd love to see the Wii U release the week prior, if only to allow Nintendo a jump on that Black Friday rush. Thanks to Ken for the heads up!

UPDATE - Here's a look at the GameStop price listing. Obviously, some of these are placeholders. Supposedly the $49.99 are the real deal.

de1be804.jpg

No HDMI cable, would not surprise me at all, as Nintendo didn't offer component cables for GC and Wii.

A voucher for online purchase? Are we talking about two $50-$60 retail games here? Sounds too good to be true.

I'd rather have Nintendo land bundled with the 299 pack, and maybe wimotion plus controller for the 349 bundle instead of an online voucher. I dunno. Sigh. I'm also really hoping Bo2 supports wiimotion controls also. Hopefully the Treyarch wii team works with the HD team on this...

Here are some rumors that where sent to Go-Nintendo from a supposed Gamespot Employee.

de1be804.jpg

This is a completely believable rumor. Black Friday seems to be for Nintendo's major console releases (Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii/Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Animal Crossing: City Folk, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Skyward Sword). The pricing also makes sense since, as much as Reggie won't admit to it, is a "Game of the Year"-esque release of those games.

MDX

Ok, you all know by now that there has been rumors that
Nintendo wanted to show off a game during E3, but decided
last minute it wasn't ready to do so. We also know that Nintendo
will show off some games that will launch in 2013.

Now, you might as well just consider what Im about to say
to be made up fantasy. Its fiction. Don't believe it.

Most likely the title that was supposed to be revealed back in E3,
and probably will be revealed shortly is FZERO.

Here is what I was told.
FZERO is being co-developed with another studio.
This studio is working specifically on the online portion of the game.
The intention is to set the bar with online play.
Needless to say, they simply weren't ready to show it off, and this title,
probably was meant to be ready for launch, but has been pushed up a bit.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
There won't be a pack-in game. But if you had to pick one, you would pick a first-party game that would have trouble selling on its own. That's Pikmin 3 (as someone mentioned before).

NSMBU and Nintendo Land will sell incredibly well.

No doubt NintendoLand will sell like gangbusters, but wouldn't it almost be better for Nintendo in the long run to have the game as an introduction for casuals to Nintendo's franchises? Great prove of concept pack-in, and potential provider of new fans and growth for its franchises. Kills two birds with one stone.

Edit: :lol at MDX, this isn't gamefaqs or IGN dude.

XenodudeX

Here is what I was told.
Tread lightly.

Meelow

Banned

Here is what I was told.

If this is true that would be so epic, but wasn't it rumored that the game they where going to show off was Retro's game?.

Yeah MDX if this is fake your account could be banned from NeoGAF which would suck.

Here is what I was told.

You mentioned before that your source is a retailer partner or something. How would he know about Nintendo's internal plans? If something was pulled last second, the only people outside Nintendo to know would be the guest speakers from the E3 Presentation.

Skiesofwonder

I said my first source stated 1st to the 19th.
The 11th falls in that range.

Suggestion Mods:

Spare this poor soul for now. Give him a tag stating October 19th: Day of Reckoning , and ban this man the 20th when the WiiU undoubtly has still yet to release.

This way we get some entertainment out of this spectacle.

A fair few UK places are showing £49.99 price tags for WiiU games which is very ugh inducing. Would mean all but a few select games would no longer be bought at launch for me (In fact I can only think that Zelda, Fire Emblem and Smash Bros would be the exceptions).

If the WiiU launches for around £190 - £250 (and comes bundled with Nintendoland) then I'd buy Rayman Legends and ZombiU at launch I think.

MDX

MDX, if you're going to start spreading shit claiming sources I'm going to have to start asking where you're getting the info from.

I asked if people wanted to hear info that I just got.
I stated the info that I got today could be old.
And I said what two of my sources where the other day.
Im not giving out their names and their companies though.

And frankly, what Im being told is not out of the realm of possibility.
As it has been speculated on for quite sometime.

I can't even imagine what F-Zero would look like on the Wii U. First time I played it on the Cube, it was like crack, speed and acid were being pumped into your eyes and right into your brain.

If U-Zero is the same style only more, then it will probably become infamous in gaming history for inducing epileptic fits in large numbers of people.

Can't wait.

Just PM EC the details, that'll be alright won't it? Don't want to see you getting banned mate.

Excepti could pull a "i have sources that say Wii U will be $199.00" too. Pm amod the company or something more than 'source'.

Don't do this man! The mods aren't going to release the name of the company if you PM them. Do it, we'll get confirmation/denial and everyone's happy!

Anybody here interested in hearing more rumors?

Save us...

...might cause people to wet their pants...
...Nintendo planned for an October release...
...a special reason... WiiU version of AC3 launch at least two and a half weeks before it hits the HD twins... Nintendo wants to be out first...

Ok that sounds g-

...there has been rumors that Nintendo wanted to show off a game during E3...
We also know that Nintendo will show off some games that will launch in 2013...
Most likely FZERO...

You just had to... Perhaps it is not us who need saving :/

Read DefectiveReject's post as a warning to yourself.

You don't wanna miss GAF at launch. :p

Skiesofwonder

It's possible he could of have sources, MDX if you do have sources listen to the other guys and send EC the sources he won't say anything.

It's funny how this thread's discussion three pages ago was about how bullshit anonymous sources are, yet here we are wanting to have faith in this one? What, just because it said something positive?

I was lurking on NeoGAF when this came out, it's sad Wii Entertainment System turned out fake but that guy shouldn't of faked it and posed it here and acted like it was legit.

Then he backtracked on his posts when people got suspicious. Numerous sites ran with the story as well.

I've claimed nothing.
My claims.
Its a screen print.
It wasn't done with JavaScript
It wasn't done with Photoshop
and wait for it..... I shall confirm this tittilating FACT. I DID NOT play with nor edit the code on Nintendos website.

That is all I claim.

This is a collection of fanwank masquerading as rumours.

ACIII launching on Wii U a fortnight before the PS3 version that has exclusive content and advertising deals? Two full price game downloads in a second SKU? F-Zero pulled from E3? Do me a favour.

It's funny how this thread's discussion three pages ago was about how bullshit anonymous sources are, yet here we are wanting to have faith in this one? What, just because it said something positive?

No one's saying it's true yet. That's why we're asking him to PM the mods his info. That way we can get confirmation or denial.

The fact that he stopped posting here after everyone started calling him out should add something to his credibility.

Anyways, enough derailing. More serious matters.

DO YOU THINK I HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR A PREORDER? I heard about preorder lines for Wii/PS3 and after being in line with 28 others for a Wii some five months after it launched, I don't want to take another chance. :\

Kouriozan

I guess I should have know not to hype that easily after lurking all the WUST.
But yeah, AC3 released on Wii U before Ps360 is too good to be true.

Meelow

Banned

I'm not believing it until he PM the mods so they can see if it's legit or not.

Then he backtracked on his posts when people got suspicious. Numerous sites ran with the story as well.

Yeah everything just piled up and people figured out it was a fake, that's why after that I don't post any rumors unless I have sources.

The difference here is that he could PM a mod (since as I'm sure you know there are mods here in the position to verify that sort of thing) with the names of his sources, whereas those other guys will forever remain "anonymous".

If he doesn't do that, then it would be just as unlikely as all the other random internet rumors everyone was ragging on and I'd just disregard it, and I think that most of the other people here would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom