• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he stopped posting here after everyone started calling him out should add something to his credibility.

Anyways, enough derailing. More serious matters.

DO YOU THINK I HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR A PREORDER? I heard about preorder lines for Wii/PS3 and after being in line with 28 others for a Wii some five months after it launched, I don't want to take another chance. :\

He stopped posting because OBVIOUSLY he's working it out with the mods.
Yeah, I'm about to be disappointed

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
An October launch wouldn't make any sense if they didn't have any games to release with it, and I'm confident we'd have heard something by now.

It's funny how this thread's discussion three pages ago was about how bullshit anonymous sources are, yet here we are wanting to have faith in this one? What, just because it said something positive?

The difference here is that he could PM a mod (since as I'm sure you know there are mods here in the position to verify that sort of thing) with the names of his sources, whereas those other guys will forever remain "anonymous".

This, and the fact that the past three pages have been utterly cluttered with rumours that were both anonymous AND old. We've had these discussions a million times before. This latest revelation may very well be bs, but at least it is something new.

I'll believe anything about Nintendo that comes from this source:

satoru_iwata.jpg

All these rumor clashing.. Now Im reading one on the site you go for Nintendo that rmc got news from his local gamestop about it releasing black friday week :/ not only that but some games like batman ac will be 50$. Im woozy right now...

All these rumor clashing.. Now Im reading one on the site you go for Nintendo that rmc got news from his local gamestop about it releasing black friday week :/ not only that but some games like batman ac will be 50$. Im woozy right now...

It undoubtly will. All of Nintendo's major releases for a year launched the weekend before Black Friday. It's good business sense. Release the hottest new gadget less than a week before America's craziest shopping day.

Suggestion Mods:

Spare this poor soul for now. Give him a tag stating October 19th: Day of Reckoning , and ban this man the 20th when the WiiU undoubtly has still yet to release.

This way we get some entertainment out of this spectacle.

A better idea: Wait for Nintendo to reveal the information in September. THEN ban him (that is, IF he turns out to be wrong [which is an ASTRONOMICAL possibility, imo]).

jerd

Ok, you all know by now that there has been rumors that
Nintendo wanted to show off a game during E3, but decided
last minute it wasn't ready to do so. We also know that Nintendo
will show off some games that will launch in 2013.

Now, you might as well just consider what Im about to say
to be made up fantasy. Its fiction. Don't believe it.

Most likely the title that was supposed to be revealed back in E3,
and probably will be revealed shortly is FZERO.

Here is what I was told.
FZERO is being co-developed with another studio.
This studio is working specifically on the online portion of the game.
The intention is to set the bar with online play.
Needless to say, they simply weren't ready to show it off, and this title,
probably was meant to be ready for launch, but has been pushed up a bit.

How DARE you toy with my heart!?
Anyone fancy a trip to the salt mines?

Meelow

Banned
I never considered Nintendo going to announce at the Nintendo Direct this month the release and price for Wii U but with all these rumors, stores getting Wii U marketing and stuff like that I think there's a chance we could be getting the release date and price this month.

I never considered Nintendo going to announce the at the Nintendo Direct this month the release and price for Wii U but with all these rumors, stores getting Wii U marketing and stuff like that I think there's a chance we could be getting the release date and price this month.

Or... they could just pull an Apple, with a late night Nintendo Direct.

"Let's recap E3. Oh and you can preorder Wii U starting tomorrow! We will announce more details next month, stay tuned!"

I love Iwata, but "You will say wow"

You did say wow. Just not in a good way. :p

Meelow

Banned
Or... they could just pull an Apple, with a late night Nintendo Direct.

"Let's recap E3. Oh and you can preorder Wii U starting tomorrow! We will announce more details next month, stay tuned!"

You did say wow. Just not in a good way. :p

You know, Nintendo did that so many times before with information I wouldn't be shocked if they did it again lol.

I can't even imagine what F-Zero would look like on the Wii U. First time I played it on the Cube, it was like crack, speed and acid were being pumped into your eyes and right into your brain.

I can't even imagine what any real Nintendogame will look like on the WiiU. I still can't believe that they didn't show anything at E3.

Anyhow, none of these rumours sound reasonable to me.

jerd

I can't even imagine what any real Nintendogame will look like on the WiiU. I still can't believe that they didn't show anything at E3.

Same. It is less "too good to be true" and more fanboy fantasy land. I might believe the BLOPS2 bundle... but that's about it.

Just a side thought:

I was really excited about the Wii U Gamepad. Then I got an iPad last month, and don't really care about the "wow" factor anymore. The Wii Remote was different, and was something that you couldn't experience elsewhere at the time. This Gamepad is different. There's nothing (except software) that will make consumers with an iPad, Nexus 7 or any other tablet to flock to the Wii U. Nintendo HAS to have software worth dying for, and I don't mean just their Wii Sports/Wii Fit/Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. Nintendoland is a start, but in my opinion, is not a compelling one for the typical non-Japanese consumer.

MDX

A better idea: Wait for Nintendo to reveal the information in September. THEN ban him (that is, IF he turns out to be wrong [which is an ASTRONOMICAL possibility, imo]).

I should have PM'ed those that wanted to hear the info, and not make it public to
cause the backlash. Or conceal the info as my own personal wish. Sorry about that.
Too bad, I wanted to share more.

I should have PM'ed those that wanted to hear the info, and not make it public to
cause the backlash. Or conceal the info as my own personal wish. Sorry about that.

Can you please stop? Please? You're ruining the enjoyment of reading this thread.

EDIT: You told me your source is not Nintendo. No one, but Nintendo, will know about all the details your "discussing".

Meelow

Banned

I won't believe your rumors unless you PM the mods but of course if your info is legit you can PM me it.

Oh ffs. Now i am getting tired. Quit being a fucking tease as if you did us a favor. You didnt and wont until you prove you have a source. Just shut up already.

Just a side thought:

I was really excited about the Wii U Gamepad. Then I got an iPad last month, and don't really care about the "wow" factor anymore. The Wii Remote was different, and was something that you couldn't experience elsewhere at the time. This Gamepad is different. There's nothing (except software) that will make consumers with an iPad, Nexus 7 or any other tablet to flock to the Wii U. Nintendo HAS to have software worth dying for, and I don't mean just their Wii Sports/Wii Fit/Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. Nintendoland is a start, but in my opinion, is not a compelling one for the typical non-Japanese consumer.

But these games make massive profit. How are they irrelevant?

AppleBlade

CPU is a tri-core OoO (Out of Order execution) CPU with 2 threads per core. It's rumored to be clocked low due to heat concerns. Around 2.0Ghz

GPU is rumored to be around 500-700 (about 2-3x better than the 360) GFlops and based around a 6770M video card. It's a GPGPU (a general processing GPU that handles more calculations than just graphics. It's a beefy GPU that takes work away from the CPU)
Cool . . .that's the same gpu that I have in my computer. That seems pretty good to me. I can play Skyrim at 1080p averaging about 40 FPS with settings on mostly high. I also can play Deadspace 2, Deus Ex: HR, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 1 & 2 all at 1080p with settings on high or near high with at least 30 fps on all of those.

Kacho

Can you please stop? Please? You're ruining the enjoyment of reading this thread.

EDIT: You told me your source is not Nintendo. No one, but Nintendo, will know about all the details your "discussing".

Bingo, jonny_boi. Why waste everyone's time with this nonsense?

jerd

Dammit. Just remembered that I read an extremely positive FIFA 13 Wii U hands on today and forgot to share it. It was very cool though to see how thrilled they were with the controls.

Phazon

So NSMB and Pikmin are no real Nintendo Games.

But I know what you mean (F-zero, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, WaveRace,...). They'll come soon enough I guess, but in this era it's not easy to impress people with stunning tech and graphics. It will be all about the artstyle, detail, ... In other words, THE NINTENDO DIFFERENCE :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

So what happens if everything you've claimed turns out to be false? Can I ban you?
I can ban you.

But these games make massive profit. How are they irrelevant?

I meant something on a level equal to Wii Sports. I'm not saying Mario and Co. are bad and won't sell. But they need the new Nintendogs/Brain Age/Wii Sports/Wii Fit of this generation to make people move from other tablets to the Wii U.

Nintendogs+cats sold like shit compared to the Ninendo DS release.

They arent. I know a ton of people who are into those games and all of them are buying a Wii U to play them.

I'm not talking about this crowd. I'm talking about the general consumer. People who don't actively play video games, which is what Nintendo seems to be after.

But I know what you mean (F-zero, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, WaveRace,...). They'll come soon enough I guess, but in this era it's not easy to impress people with stunning tech and graphics. It will be all about the artstyle, detail, ... In other words, THE NINTENDO DIFFERENCE :)

MauryLaughing.gif

I wish.

Pikmin was like a first glimpse, but we all know that it was a Wii game. And you can still feel it. Mario could have been done on the Wii too. And both of them can't really make up with any significant gamepad features either...
Yes, I was vague (and lazy) with my statement but I indeed assumed it was comprehendible to anyone who'd read this thread :)

They arent. I know a ton of people who are into those games and all of them are buying a Wii U to play them.

And thats exactly my point. I agree with you, jonny_boi, when you say that Nintendo needs some new multimillion sellers like WiiSports, etc. That's how you keep a platform unique and alive. However, the WiiU is in a very favourable position right now, as it is launching with several tried-and-true heavy hitters, including sequels to WiiFit, NSMB and Just Dance. This should not be considered a weakness, but a strength.

CASE SCENARIO:

smile%20gray%200574.jpg

Sarah bought a Wii back in 2008 to play some Wii Fit and some Wii Sports. She also saw that Just Dance was a $39.99 game, so she picked that up and had fun with that. She had so much fun that she also picked up two sequels with new songs in them. She also might have picked up New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart Wii to play with her kids and with some friends at a party, but she doesn't really play by herself much. Recently, she picked up the new retina iPad, and is having a blast playing Cut the Rope, Where's my Water, and enjoys the other non-gaming apps on the iPad, such as the cooking apps and iBooks.

Why should she now buy a Wii U? For her, she already has a tablet, and Wii Fit/Wii Sports. Her kids are not old enough yet to want to buy a Wii U.

By the way, "teh Angry birdzzz is not a deeeeeeeeeeep geam" is not a compelling argument for this type of consumer. It already occupies her time.

Oh wow, Van Owen shitted up this thread real good. Which is too bad since I wanted more people to see my compute shader theory.

He truly is the "Darij" of neogaf. I wonder if the two accounts are the same.

That's an insult to Van Owen.

And interesting theory by the way.

This should pop up on the screen everytime time you boot up your Wii U lol.

Too sexy for people to handle it.

Banned
Some of this info might cause people to wet their pants so please take it with a lot of salt, and keep your emotions in check. Im just the messenger.

The info that Im about to present paints a picture of a company doing their best to attract core gamers to buying their system by constructing one of the strongest launches in console history.

Alright... here we go.
Got this info about 30 minutes ago...

I got another source confirming that indeed Nintendo planned for an October release.
Specifically, on the 11th. An unusual move for Nintendo but for a special reason. He did warn to take into consideration that plans might have changed slightly due to some issues that I will explain shortly.

So why is launching on October 11th so important?

Ninty is counting on having the WiiU version of AC3 launch at least two and a half weeks before it hits the HD twins!

PS3/360 AC3 launch dates:
NA October 30, 2012
PAL October 31, 2012

Thats right, Nintendo wants to be out first with one of the most biggest AAA titles this holiday. However, these plans are in flux because there is concern that AC3 for the WiiU might be not finished in time.
Megaton! And fits my theory of Wii U getting a timed ACIII release. I was thinking more like a week though.

Nintendo will have 2 SKU's for the Wii U.
One priced at 299,00 and the other priced at 349,00.

The first SKU for 299,00 will be bare bones. Package will contain Wii U unit and one Gamepad controller. The system will NOT include an HDMI cable.

The second SKU for 349,00 will include Nintendo-Land and a voucher for online purchase!
The voucher will enable you to purchase at least two games through the new online store.

Now here comes the kicker...

Call of Duty Black OPS 2 will come bundled with the Wii U Pro controller for a very special price!
Double Megaton!

CASE SCENARIO:

smile%20gray%200574.jpg

Sarah bought a Wii back in 2008 to play some Wii Fit and some Wii Sports. She also saw that Just Dance was a $39.99 game, so she picked that up and had fun with that. She had so much fun that she also picked up two sequels with new songs in them. She also might have picked up New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart Wii to play with her kids and with some friends at a party, but she doesn't really play by herself much. Recently, she picked up the new retina iPad, and is having a blast playing Cut the Rope, Where's my Water, and enjoys the other non-gaming apps on the iPad, such as the cooking apps and iBooks.

Why should she now buy a Wii? For her, she already has a tablet, and Wii Fit/Wii Sports. Her kids are not old enough yet to want to buy a Wii U.

By the way, "teh Angry birdzzz is not a deeeeeeeeeeep geam" is not a compelling argument for this type of consumer. It already occupies her time.

Sounds like the ipad is much more suited to sarahs taste than a Wii U. I suggest she stick to her ipad, and i hope she has alot of fun using it.

AJSousuke

Ok, you all know by now that there has been rumors that
Nintendo wanted to show off a game during E3, but decided
last minute it wasn't ready to do so. We also know that Nintendo
will show off some games that will launch in 2013.

Now, you might as well just consider what Im about to say
to be made up fantasy. Its fiction. Don't believe it.

Most likely the title that was supposed to be revealed back in E3,
and probably will be revealed shortly is FZERO.

Here is what I was told.
FZERO is being co-developed with another studio.
This studio is working specifically on the online portion of the game.
The intention is to set the bar with online play.
Needless to say, they simply weren't ready to show it off, and this title,
probably was meant to be ready for launch, but has been pushed up a bit.

why do you make this to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom