• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10k should have linked to this one. Although there's nothing recent.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html
Yea I was plenty of confused.
Well basically my dear Spy, we're all waiting like this:

tumblr_lnz5452Vkp1qi9hxx.jpg

and Iwata's all like:

tumblr_m8rjyeuVkH1rstcb9.gif

U__U"
Goddamn... :/

Banned
Oh I was referring to the NA link in another post.

I was about to post something similar in that Nintendo knows we're expecting an announcement and they are trolling us.

2am EST, 11pm PST

Reggie and Iwata "HAHA suckers! We still released it at 11pm, we just switched the timezone around! bahahahah"

Meelow

Banned
But if there is supposed to be one in September, there can't be one this month! Or can there?

It can, Nintendo had a Nintendo Direct on June 22 which was after E3, their is lots of things to still talk about for the Wii U, they won't be able to do it all at the September conference.

Tehalemi

Meelow

Banned
I bet Iwata and Reggie are watching us post on this thread right now...laughing.

Like you guys been saying :(.

To make people laugh
And skip some time for the ND announcement
, I found this in an old PS3 thread.

lollercoasterbf3.jpg

Hahahahaha
Oh, well...

Oh God WHY?!

There is still time for an announcement.

Lyude77

I'm going to sleep too. C'mon, go up while I'm asleep. :p

I'm thinking the announcement will be like next week/Sept. though, despite the trends. Healthy pessimism regarding Nintendo's announcements and all that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Breaking: Wii U regulars finally lose it. Develop perpetual hype machine.

I feel like trolling and posting a new thread on the Gaming side entitled "Nintendo Direct" and then make a post about how it's good that they're trying to talk to consumers directly.

But I'm not that evil. :p

Tehalemi

I feel like trolling and posting a new thread on the Gaming side entitled "Nintendo Direct" and then make a post about how it's good that they're trying to talk to consumers directly.

But I'm not that evil. :p

Yeah no let's not. :p

I'm.... I'm perfectly fi-f-fine...
Right.. R-R-R-Reggie?

-unlocks door to your house, talking with a Sean Connery accent-

Greetings, you seem like the kind of man/woman/ufo that would have Reggie Fils-Aime locked up in your basement.

-takes a puff of his smoking pipe- The question is lad:

Chimp.jpg

Do you need help getting any information out of him?

MarkusRJR

I fully expect every regular in this thread to die of heart attack when the eventual Nintendo Direct reveals everything, causing none of them to buy a Wii U.

In other news I've decided to take a year off school so I'll have a bunch of spare income soon. I'm 90% sure I'll be buying a Wii U now. Time go join the hype train. :)

Things on my pick up list include 4 pro controllers, Zombi U, NSMB2, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends. Gonna be a busy year.

Meelow

Banned
Haha, we're just starved for information, really. I was more hyped in the moment I saw that teaser page of The World Ends With You than I am about Wii U.

Nintendo can really hype the Wii U, it's the first HD Nintendo console, Nintendo Network should be 10x better than Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, it hopefully will get better third party support, the Gamepad can do lots of cool things, etc.

Nintendo really has to show it, and usually when Nintendo wants to hype something they can.

Yeah no let's not. :p

-unlocks door to your house, talking with a Sean Connery accent-

Greetings, you seem like the kind of man/woman/ufo that would have Reggie Fils-Aime locked up in your basement.

-takes a puff of his smoking pipe- The question is lad:

Chimp.jpg

Do you need help getting any information out of him?
Yes... Is he in a relationship with Iwata?

Gotta strike the loved ones first, right?

Then well begin smashing Wii U gamepad controllers until he reveals INFO!
YES! IT'S PERFECT.

Haha, we're just starved for information, really. I was more hyped in the moment I saw that teaser page of The World Ends With You than I am about Wii U.
Oh man, me too. I almost squealed like a girl and jumped, after that I began playing TWEWY. It was awesome.

I fully expect every regular in this thread to die of heart attack when the eventual Nintendo Direct reveals everything, causing none of them to buy a Wii U.

In other news I've decided to take a year off school so I'll have a bunch of spare income soon. I'm 90% sure I'll be buying a Wii U now. Time go join the hype train. :)

Things on my pick up list include 4 pro controllers, Zombi U, NSMB2, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends. Gonna be a busy year.

Why do you need four Pro Controllers? Why not three + the GamePad that comes with the system?

Nintendo can really hype the Wii U, it's the first HD Nintendo console, Nintendo Network should be 10x better than Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, it hopefully will get better third party support, the Gamepad can do lots of cool things, etc.

Nintendo really has to show it, and usually when Nintendo wants to hype something they can.

Yeah, I have no doubt Nintendo can bring attention to the console in September, but the lack of information is making me apathetic about release. I'm clearly interested and plan to buy Wii U, though.

Oh man, me too. I almost squealed like a girl and jumped, after that I began playing TWEWY. It was awesome.

Just seeing that timer in a cool blue hue was enough to do it, honestly. The music is great even though I prefer the original Calling.

I've seen it there before. I wouldn't take it as an indication that something is happening within the next couple of days, though.

cand

It's like an horror movie where everybody starts totally sane and smart but in the end runs to the worst possible corner and wait for death.

The Fall of NintenGAF, once wise now just crazy people in a eternal loop of hype and disappointment. Thanks E3 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom