• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

butalala

if you live near a Toys r Us in the states, odds are you can get both for under $20 a piece, I got them each for $18 just a couple weeks ago.

I am sad that there is no campaign co-op.

Thanks for the Toys R Us Tip. There's one just down the highway from me.

These have some kind of local coop, right? Is it the zombies thing? I've only spent a very little bit of time with COD games, I think on one of the first Modern Warfare games, which had a selection of coop maps.

jmizzal

Thanks for the Toys R Us Tip. There's one just down the highway from me.

These have some kind of local coop, right? Is it the zombies thing? I've only spent a very little bit of time with COD games, I think on one of the first Modern Warfare games, which had a selection of coop maps.

Yes Black ops 2 has Zombies and Ghost has Aliens, both local and online co-op

prag16

Banned
BLOPS2 is the better game, and the player count isn't much different between the two, at least is wasn't when I played Ghosts.

You won't have a problem getting into team death match, domination, maybe kill confirmed and free for all, other game modes will be a problem though.

Yes you can go online with two people, one on the gamepad, one on the TV.

I heard the BO2 player count has actually been marginally higher than Ghosts lately. Ghosts is just an inferior game in most respects. The only thing I like better about Ghosts, which almost redeemed it, is superior hit detection online compared to BO2. But in the end, everything else about Ghosts dragged it down too much for me. Played it less than half as much as I played BO2.

If Wii U gets Advanced Warfare I'll be a sucker and buy it for the pointer controls, and just hope it's a good game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I heard the BO2 player count has actually been marginally higher than Ghosts lately. Ghosts is just an inferior game in most respects. The only thing I like better about Ghosts, which almost redeemed it, is superior hit detection online compared to BO2. But in the end, everything else about Ghosts dragged it down too much for me. Played it less than half as much as I played BO2.

If Wii U gets Advanced Warfare I'll be a sucker and buy it for the pointer controls, and just hope it's a good game.

Hit detection was great, I got more dropped games on Ghosts for some reason though. 90℅ of the time when it went to host migration the match stopped.

I liked the Alien mode better than Zombies too, but barely played either of them anyway. Didn't touch a second of the single player either.

Me too. I know Smash will take up a lot of my online gaming time, but Treyarch does such a good job with the CoD pointer ports that I'm in for another year if they make it.

njean777

I am getting a Wii U today with MK8, I played it yesterday and had so much fun. It is nice to play something without having gunshots going off every 5 seconds. Also am super excited for Smash, and Splatoon.

louis89

screenshot8.jpg

Are Kirby's graphics pre-rendered and then animated, like Donkey Kong Country on the SNES? This is what 2D graphics in 2014 should look like. No aliasing whatsoever. LittleBigPlanet and Yoshi's Woolly World I'm looking at you.

DrWong

Rösti;117604265 said:
How, Nintendo's holding some event then?

Like for the 2 last years: events for the press/blogs with E3 demos playable. Went to the French one 2 days ago, played Smash U/3DS, Hyrule Warrior, Kirby U and Splatoon (really great demo, lot of potential).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Like for the 2 last years: events for the press/blogs with E3 demos playable. Went to the French one 2 days ago, played Smash U/3DS, Hyrule Warrior, Kirby U and Splatoon (really great demo, lot of potential).
Alright. Very nice.

Riki

screenshot8.jpg

Are Kirby's graphics pre-rendered and then animated, like Donkey Kong Country on the SNES? This is what 2D graphics in 2014 should look like. No aliasing whatsoever. LittleBigPlanet and Yoshi's Woolly World I'm looking at you.
It was the best looking game at E3.

HGStormy

Banned
Can anyone tell me if they ever patched the aiming in Resident Evil: Revelations HD? I have a sealed copy and I don't want to open it if the aiming is still broken..

koopas

Can anyone tell me if they ever patched the aiming in Resident Evil: Revelations HD? I have a sealed copy and I don't want to open it if the aiming is still broken..
I was unaware there was a problem? Played through my copy with nothing noticable.

sphagnum

Banned
There's a number of things missing from the recommendations list that I'm surprised aren't there. Donkey Kong, Game and Wario, Tekken, Mario Kart, Mario and Sonic, Scribblenauts...

Birathen

I'm so tempted to pick up a Wii U. I'll at least try and wait until 2015 or see how SSB Wii U turns out.

Doo eet, WiiU has a good library allready. Waiting for more games is like sitting in a lake waiting to change to swimwear incase it gets wetter later on :3

Sify64

Nope, the janky aiming is still there from what i played a month ago. I've traded in the game so can't check now.

butalala

Picked up CoD BLOPS2 tonight at Toys R Us for about $15. They had a bunch of games on sale for 50 to 75% off. Many copies of BLOPS2 and Ghosts and a few other things. I noticed ZombiU and Epic Mickey 2.

Had a good time with BLOPS2 online. I can see the appeal of these games now. They're sort of like Big Macs or Budwieser; not really challenging or rewarding, but easy to have a pretty fun time with.

Zombie coop mode was much much tougher than I expected.

jmizzal

Doo eet, WiiU has a good library allready. Waiting for more games is like sitting in a lake waiting to change to swimwear incase it gets wetter later on :3

Yup based on whats out now and coming by the end of the year, its plenty to play for people just getting a WiiU, and if none of those games appeal to them, then WiiU its just not for em

Effect

Is anyone actually buying Watch Dogs for Wii U?

Really curious about how it will turn out

Not me, all I keep hearing is how boring it gets.

I'm still somewhat on board for the game. Impressions have lessened my interest in the game. There is still no release date and depending on when it comes out I'm going have to take a look at how much money I'm spending. There are number of games ahead of it on the must buy list. I'm also going to be looking at the price, gamepad usage since Ubisoft spotlighted that I believe, and what is included in the Wii U version if any DLC happens to start coming out for the game on the other systems.

This is likely going to be a Rayman Legends situation for me. I was interested in that game at its original release date. The delay allowed for interest to lessen. Now I'm not bothered by the delay here as much as I was with Rayman but the fading interest is still a factor. I simply might not care about Watch Dogs when it releases.

I'm so tempted to pick up a Wii U. I'll at least try and wait until 2015 or see how SSB Wii U turns out.
I now own all three consoles as of last weekend, and I am happy I did. Just the mainstays alone make it worth it.

Now then, if I didn't own the other consoles I do not know how satisfied I would be. The games I play on the Wii U are a different niche than those I play on other consoles. Either way, out of the few games I have played on the Wii U (MK8, Mario 3D World, and Pikmin 3) they are some of the best games I have played this gen.

..yes, I said this gen. I used to be one of those who said the Wii U was last gen, but no longer.

Yagami_Sama

Is anyone actually buying Watch Dogs for Wii U?

Really curious about how it will turn out

Not me.

When they first showed the game, I got very interested and pre-ordered in the same day. After a few videos of game play, I cancelled, and now after I saw the game running in other consoles, I have no interest.

It resembles me of GTA and other games of the genre and I don't like this kind of game.

Glass Joe

Not me.

When they first showed the game, I got very interested and pre-ordered in the same day. After a few videos of game play, I cancelled, and now after I saw the game running in other consoles, I have no interest.

It resembles me of GTA and other games of the genre and I don't like this kind of game.

I might get it, but mainly because it fills a void. There is no GTA-style game for Wii U and although I hear Watch_Dogs isn't great, hopefully it's servicable and the port is ok.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I might get it, but mainly because it fills a void. There is no GTA-style game for Wii U and although I hear Watch_Dogs isn't great, hopefully it's servicable and the port is ok.

Isn't Lego City Undercover essentially a Lego GTA? It's not exactly GTA, and Watch Dogs might be closer to what you're looking for, but just mentioning it.

maxcriden

Isn't Lego City Undercover essentially a Lego GTA? It's not exactly GTA, and Watch Dogs might be closer to what you're looking for, but just mentioning it.

It pretty much is, yeah. I'd say that's a fair assessment based on what I've played of LCU. (It's also a great game.)

Shizuka

I don't know if this would be the right place, but since I'm getting a Wii U next week, I'm wondering if this Wii controller will work with the system:

kHTIJwJ.jpg

I got an european Wii two years ago, but it was defective from the fabric, so I just had the games and accessories to look at. Are Wii/Wii U accessories and controllers region-locked?

Roo

I don't know if this would be the right place, but since I'm getting a Wii U next week, I'm wondering if this Wii controller will work with the system:

kHTIJwJ.jpg

I got an european Wii two years ago, but it was defective from the fabric, so I just had the games and accessories to look at. Are Wii/Wii U accessories and controllers region-locked?

Yes, it'll work with your Wii U, they're compatible.
As for being region-locked, only the Gamepad is. It has it's own firmware so it won't work with consoles from a different region.

Roo

Does that controller work with Wii U games, in the same setting as the Wii U Pro Controller?

Yes it works with Wii U games but I'm not sure about how many support this controller.
So far, Nintendo's priority are: Gamepad, Wii U Pro and Wii Remote+Nunchuk.
Since the Wii Classic//Pro controllers are not being manufactured anymore I assume the support is pretty poor when it comes to Wii U games so I think you should do some research first when you buy a game.

Shizuka

Yes it works with Wii U games but I'm not sure about how many support this controller.
So far, Nintendo's priority are: Gamepad, Wii U Pro and Wii Remote+Nunchuk.
Since the Wii Classic//Pro controllers are not being manufactured anymore I assume the support is pretty poor when it comes to Wii U games so I think you should do some research first when you buy a game.

Alright, will do. I'm just thinking of it as a 2P controller, since I want to use the GamePad as much as I can, so if it's good enough for that, I'm good. Thanks for the help.

Glass Joe

I have Lego City Undercover and highly recommend it. Genuine belly laughs from some of the writing. But very easy and of course cartoony in nature. Not exactly what I meant by wanting a GTA-type of experience - something a bit grittier - although they do play similarly.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I have Lego City Undercover and highly recommend it. Genuine belly laughs from some of the writing. But very easy and of course cartoony in nature. Not exactly what I meant by wanting a GTA-type of experience - something a bit grittier - although they do play similarly.

Ah ok. Yeh I had LCU too and played it a bunch, but sold it after I finished the main story and was done messing around. I mostly put the question mark because I wasn't sure what you were looking for with a GTA experience.

Top Bottom