• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Wohoo, Project Cars WiiU boxed! Now I can get a physical collectors copy, while playing the eShop copy.

I just hope Project Cars is 60fps, otherwise I'll stick to MK8 and wait for when I upgrade my PC.

I know that it will be on the PS4/X1, but I haven't heard a thing about the Wii U version.

sörine

Banned
Zelda Musou gets more and more appealing with each trailer. It's like at first I was zzz and then I've slowly been like wait maybe well hey oh cool ect.. with each passing showing. lol
The Treehouse playthroughs completely changed my mind on the game and got me hyped. I've tried to get into Musou (and Basara) several times but maybe this will be the one to finally do it?

I just hope Project Cars is 60fps, otherwise I'll stick to MK8 and wait for when I upgrade my PC.

I know that it will be on the PS4/X1, but I haven't heard a thing about the Wii U version.
I thought they already confirmed 720p 30fps for Wii U?

I think I take back what I said, these look like they could be Wii U screens:

Here is what I posted in the Project Cars thread:

Could these be Wii U screens upscaled?

Look at the low quality shadows on the end 3 cars on the left of this:
dzWqNSW.jpg

Notice the lack of anisotropic filtering on the road:
mFvG94R.jpg

Low resolution decals on back of car:
MFavnNH.jpg

Crowd in the stands in the background shows a memory/CPU limit:
eRXhXsZ.jpg

Wii U Boxart as well:

Project Cars Imgur gallery

sörine;119663756 said:
The Treehouse playthroughs completely changed my mind on the game and got me hyped. I've tried to get into Musou (and Basara) several times but maybe this will be the one to finally do it?

I thought they already confirmed 720p 30fps for Wii U?

Eh, dead to me then. Will wait for a new PC.

They have great people working on the Wii U port of Project Cars, so I have good faith in it. Most Wanted U looked and ran great, and if Project Cars matches or even surpasses it then it'll definitely be a game to pick up.

Regiruler

Not sure if noted already, but the Bayo 2 eShop page states that Bayo 1 + 2 will be "two games for the price of one".

They may be separate, but it's likely to total the same as the retail version.

After Nature

Neo Member
Not sure if noted already, but the Bayo 2 eShop page states that Bayo 1 + 2 will be "two games for the price of one".

They may be separate, but it's likely to total the same as the retail version.

I am so confused about this release seeing that its so completely different in all regions so I've ended up preordering one copy from amazon which is called bayonetta 2 and has one line in the description mentioning that it includes bayo 1, and one copy from Gamestop called Bayo 1+2 which is prices somewhat higher (although that is normal conduct for Gs here), but I'm hoping to get it on the eshop including bayo 1 in the package.

Roo

They have great people working on the Wii U port of Project Cars, so I have good faith in it. Most Wanted U looked and ran great, and if Project Cars matches or even surpasses it then it'll definitely be a game to pick up.
It looked great indeed..
Ran great? Not really.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Come on. Even if it didn't run at 60FPS it still is the best effort Wii U ever got from 3rd parties as far as ports are considered.

It ran at 30 or lower.

I love the game, and I own copy.

People just seem to overlook the fps though since it is a 3rd party Wii U title with effort.

something really strange will happen to me when I finally get a PS4 at home

I think I'll still try to support games that have a WiiU port if the developer did not do a half-assed job

Project Car maybe limited but it sure looks damn good enough

Sendou

It ran at 30 or lower.

People just seem to overlook the fps though since it is a 3rd party Wii U title with effort.

It's a pretty damn solid 30. Which I think is pretty great considering two things: relatively weak hardware they had to work with and what the existing game was already (or in other words they couldn't redesign the game ground-up just to make it magically 60FPS on Wii U). All around a very solid effort. All of this is not about ignoring the framerate it runs at but recognizing the facts.

something really strange will happen to me when I finally get a PS4 at home

I think I'll still try to support games that have a WiiU port if the developer did not do a half-assed job

Not much reason to support Wii U versions if you have access to decent PC or PS4. Depends on how much you like your Miiverse interaction, Off-TV play and GamePad (that is often neglected by devs) in general.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nothing changes what I said. It ran at 30 or lower.

Did it run better than the 360/PS3? Yes

Doesn't mean it ran great.

Semantics and personal preference I guess.

Sendou

Nothing changes what I said. It ran at 30 or lower.

Did it run better than the 360/PS3? Yes

Doesn't mean it ran great.

Semantics and personal preference I guess.

I guess I fail to understand what you mean by "game running great". Do you completely ignore the platform it's on or something? How does that even work? Does "game running great" just mean it runs at stable 60FPS to you? Because that's weird use of language.

It's a pretty damn solid 30. Which I think is pretty great considering two things: relatively weak hardware they had to work with and what the existing game was already (or in other words they couldn't redesign the game ground-up just to make it magically 60FPS on Wii U). All around a very solid effort. All of this is not about ignoring the framerate it runs at but recognizing the facts.

Not much reason to support Wii U versions if you have access to decent PC or PS4. Depends on how much you like your Miiverse interaction, Off-TV play and GamePad (that is often neglected by devs) in general.

it all depends on what I will play the most this holiday I don't have a PC but I did pre-order a white PS4 so most multi-platform games I should end up playing on that to make spending all that money worth it

Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1-2, Smash4 should be keeping me on the WiiU for a good chunk of the time. But you have a good point I will have to see if off-tv and miiverse are enough for Project Cars

Is anyone actually buying Watch Dogs for Wii U?

I have not kept tabs on that game, but if I'd pick it up for any platform it'd be the Wii U given that they take advantage of the gamepad in a meaningful way. Deus Ex is pretty great in that respect.

Splatoon looked kind of generic to me.. at least the stage(s) that was shown was pretty generic.

A shooter where the primary objective is to shoot the level itself. Featuring shape-shifting humanoid squid children. Where the guns are super soakers and the ammunition is your own ink.

Splatoon does not need Nintendo characters, nor should it. It is defining new Nintendo characters :).

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It ran at 30 or lower.

MWU ran at darn solid 30fps with online disabled (which is how I played it most of the time). With online enabled it suffered from random stutter. So visuals, physics and AI were not an issue with this game, constant chatter with the leaderboards servers (over what seemed like an immature networking infrastructure) was.

prag16

Banned
I think I take back what I said, these look like they could be Wii U screens:

Here is what I posted in the Project Cars thread:

Could these be Wii U screens upscaled?

Wii U Boxart as well:

Project Cars Imgur gallery

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I first looked through these. That they looked too crappy to be PC shots, compared to all we've seen. If they ARE upscaled Wii U shots, that's not shabby. Wonder if somebody with access could ask about these shots on the WMD forums.

EDIT: Ah, I guess some people in Project CARS thread pretty well dispelled the idea that any of those are Wii U shots in any way shape or form. Means the box art could be fake too. Not gonna cry about that... I find it kinda ugly anyway..

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I first looked through these. That they looked too crappy to be PC shots, compared to all we've seen. If they ARE upscaled Wii U shots, that's not shabby. Wonder if somebody with access could ask about these shots on the WMD forums.

EDIT: Ah, I guess some people in Project CARS thread pretty well dispelled the idea that any of those are Wii U shots in any way shape or form. Means the box art could be fake too. Not gonna cry about that... I find it kinda ugly anyway..

What did they say?

maxcriden

Tengami should come out sometime this summer according to the developer. The game is finished and was sent to Nintendo. The only thing missing is the go from Nintendo and the ratings.

Thanks for the info, I'm interested in this game although I can't tell how much "content" it has since it's a non-traditional kind of game. Like Sendou I'd be eager to hear some impressions.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
does someone has impressions for:

- Scribblenauts Unlimited (especially for local multiplater experience, not exaclty in terms of actual coop gameplay, but sharing of ideas, concepts and words to be put in the game and so on)

- Sniper Elite 2, especially in terms of Gamepad functionalities (not interested in the missing modes such as online and so on, but actual uses of the Gamepad for sniper and mapping of the environments and so on), and framerate

ThaGuy

What happened to art of balance for the wii U. That game looked pretty sweet and I thought it was supposed to release in June.

Ninja Dom

Sorry if this has been asked recently but any update on 90's Arcade Racer? It wasn't at E3 as far as I could tell and it was supposed to be getting a mid-2014 Wii U release.

Son Of D

Didn't want to make a thread about this but had no idea where to post it. But I saw this on ShopTo just a little while ago.

jGScVWkeT1yIf.png

Can't link it to the listing since ShopTo is banned, so search for it on there (it's a .net website). It's called "Officially Licensed Wired Gamecube Controller Mario WII U".

Top Bottom