• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

BM8

Neo Member
What do you guys think of this rumor?

RUMOR: IS NINTENDO SHOWING A “MARIO MAKER” GAME AT E3?

10428785_664649460257036_1438174443_n.jpg

link

I remember this from a while ago...

Hayashida on the possibility of a Super Mario Bros. editor…
“I guess one way to respond to that is to give you a slightly different example. You may know that Excitebike has a level editor, and that’s something Mr. Miyamoto has worked on, so we’re certainly not opposed to the concept of introducing a level editor, but in my mind, it’s not really about the users having power or hurting the way the franchise is viewed, but rather, whether we can see the possibility to create a really unique and fun experience with that level editor. It’s not something we’ve explored in any detail yet with the Mario universe, but as with everything, if we sense a good idea and a good possibility, it’s certainly something we’d pursue.”

Can't you opt-out of promotions? Maybe that's the case?

Yeh I thought of this too.

link

“I guess one way to respond to that is to give you a slightly different example. You may know that Excitebike has a level editor, and that’s something Mr. Miyamoto has worked on, so we’re certainly not opposed to the concept of introducing a level editor, but in my mind, it’s not really about the users having power or hurting the way the franchise is viewed, but rather, whether we can see the possibility to create a really unique and fun experience with that level editor. It’s not something we’ve explored in any detail yet with the Mario universe, but as with everything, if we sense a good idea and a good possibility, it’s certainly something we’d pursue.”

It's from a banned source, and there have been at least 3 threads about this already.

Riki

link

Fake.
Nothing is set up at the E3 Show Floor except for crates.

Mithos

Gold Member
Weird. You should have a lot of notifications.
What region do you have it set to?

Country set to Sweden, so PAL/Europe, Sweden I guess that the regional setting would be.

Can't you opt-out of promotions? Maybe that's the case?

Yes, that's why I haven't gotten eShop's THIS GAME is out, was opted-out. *SOLVED*

The E3 thing was just about the E3 Miiverse Community. I imagine bigger announcements might come using the new method. Besides, many people probably still haven't updated.

So yeh, where the heck is the Fils-A-Mech Mii?

This is the only type of notifications I've gotten, since I got my Wii U in July 2013.
wVZyeMF.png

Only thing NOT accounted for is the E3 notification and why it have not shown up. (maybe this is tied to eShop ads too)

Bert

Just found a new leak from Nintendo's booth!
From 1995

You jest, but if ever the time was right for a Virtual Boy successor (though one named less like a pedophile simulator).

QOL system that offers immersive relaxation scenarios?

ozfunghi

X looking better in gameplay (treehouse) than the official story trailer. Too bad it got delayed, but i always feared as much. Hopefully it will be early 2015.

Zelda U looking ace as well. I was rather impressed actually.

Yoshi also looked delectable, as did Kirby and Toad.

We also get the first Bayo, which was always something they "had" to do, but i'm glad they actually did it. Even for free.

Devils Third had been rumored for long. I'm curious how it 'll turn out. The reveal trailer of a couple of years ago looked interesting. Not sure what to think of the gameplay i've seen on WiiU now. I take it this was the game that journalist was talking about a couple of months back.

Now i'm eagerly awaiting some WiiU footage of Project Cars (also Watch Dogs).

Oh, and Splatoon totally blindsided everybody. Crossover between De Blob and Team Fortress?

jmizzal

I wanna see the full 2014 release dates

Wii Sports club retail - July
Hyrule Warriors - Sept
Bayo 1-2 - Oct
Toad Holiday
Smash Bros Holiday

A lot of 2015

I havent seen a release date for Devils third but it should be out this year maybe it will be Aug since there isnt a Aug game announced yet for the west

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I wanna see the full 2014 release dates

Wii Sports club retail - July
Hyrule Warriors - Sept
Bayo 1-2 - Oct
Toad Holiday
Smash Bros Holiday

A lot of 2015

I havent seen a release date for Devils third but it should be out this year maybe it will be Aug since there isnt a Aug game announced yet for the west

to flesh it out some more....

Pushmo World - 6/19 (digital)
One Piece Unlimited World Red - 7/8 (digital only =( )
Wii Sports club retail - 7/25
Disney Infinity 2.0 - 9/23/2014
Hyrule Warriors - 9/26
Skylanders Trap Team - 10/3/2014
Just Dance 2015 - 10/21/2014
Bayo 1-2 - Oct
Sonic Boom - Nov.
Watch Dogs - Nov.
Toad Holiday
Smash Bros Holiday

Devil's Third?

2015:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda
Mario Maker
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Wooly Yarn
Splatoon
Star Fox
Mario vs. Donkey Kong?
Mario Party 10

Starting in September the lineup starts looking pretty decent. However, there's pretty much nothing until then...

to flesh it out some more....

Pushmo World - 6/19 (digital)
One Piece Unlimited World Red - 7/8 (digital only =( )
Wii Sports club retail - 7/25
Disney Infinity 2.0 - 9/23/2014
Hyrule Warriors - 9/26
Skylanders Trap Team - 10/3/2014
Just Dance 2015 - 10/21/2014
Bayo 1-2 - Oct
Sonic Boom - Nov.
Watch Dogs - Nov.
Toad Holiday
Smash Bros Holiday

Devil's Third?

2015:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly Yarn
Splatoon
Star Fox
Mario vs. Donkey Kong?
Mario Party 10

Starting in September the lineup starts looking pretty decent. However, there's pretty much nothing until then...

Don't forget Project Giant Robot and Project Guard. There will also be additional games revealed for 2015 eventually, so it looks like 2015 is Wii U's big year.

jmizzal

Don't forget Project Giant Robot and Project Guard. There will also be additional games revealed for 2015 eventually, so it looks like 2015 is Wii U's big year.

And a new Fatal Frame is out in Japan this year, man WiiU now has a bunch of games coming

Edit:
Ok I watched the Gamespot Devil Third video and they did ask about release date, he said they are in talks with Nintendo about a date, it does sound like it could be this year, he says they are just tweaking enemy AI and some other stuff now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlv5CfVqhTI

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Honestly Devil's Third looks pretty unpolished to me. I understand it gives the Wii U a shooter/action game of sorts, but I doubt folks are really going to pick this up over something like Bayo 2... I'd rather they polish it visually and the gameplay mechanics in certain parts just look kind of awkward. I'm happy the game exists though to see whether it turns out good though.

Honestly, I'm just happy Devil's Third is getting released. I feel good for the team. It must be heartbreaking working on a game for so long and being worried it'll never release.

Hopefully Nintendo gives them the time to polish it up and make it a decent game. I'll probably buy it out of principle. I'm sure there will be some fun to be had.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Had my Wii u since July 2013.

Nothing like that nope.
System update notes and NN agreements but nothing like New games available in shop or like that.

And no E3 notification so far, AND I thought the E3 stuff was pushed to the Gamepad using the new features, not old style notification.

Just a quote to say you're not crazy, looking at this and your following posts i'm in the same boat.

the eshop notifications I "get" and miiverse ones, but I need to open up the miiverse or eshop and see the little notification window with a light on it. Is there no way the wii u can tell me I have these notifications? especially the eshop ones? I go weeks without checkign the eshop, so it would be nice to receive these in the wii U OS to let me know of new games...

kunonabi

Just a quote to say you're not crazy, looking at this and your following posts i'm in the same boat.

the eshop notifications I "get" and miiverse ones, but I need to open up the miiverse or eshop and see the little notification window with a light on it. Is there no way the wii u can tell me I have these notifications? especially the eshop ones? I go weeks without checkign the eshop, so it would be nice to receive these in the wii U OS to let me know of new games...

the icons should just flash on the main menu and the home menu.

Roo

And a new Fatal Frame is out in Japan this year, man WiiU now has a bunch of games coming

Edit:
Ok I watched the Gamespot Devil Third video and they did ask about release date, he said they are in talks with Nintendo about a date, it does sound like it could be this year, he says they are just tweaking enemy AI and some other stuff now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlv5CfVqhTI

They should spend more time on visuals. Game looks rough as fuck.

jmizzal

They should spend more time on visuals. Game looks rough as fuck.

I really dont think this game is gonna look much better, its been in development for so long, it looks rough but it might just be a fun goofy game, I doubt it will ever get to the point of amazing. Hopefully the gameplay overshadows the roughness. It kinda reminds me of Disaster Day of Crisis that game was rough but it was a fun game, this is more fleshed out with multiplayer and stuff so thats cool.

deleted

I really dont think this game is gonna look much better, its been in development for so long, it looks rough but it might just be a fun goofy game, I doubt it will ever get to the point of amazing. Hopefully the gameplay overshadows the roughness. It kinda reminds me of Disaster Day of Crisis that game was rough but it was a fun game, this is more fleshed out with multiplayer and stuff so thats cool.

The gameplay looked just as rough though. If it plays fine in the end - ok, but right now it seems like a mess that no one picked up because they recognized it as a wrecked game.

Weng

Pushmo World
Art Academy Lessons
Wii Sports Club Retail
Hyrule Warriors
Bayo 1-2
Sonic Boom
Watch Dogs
Toad
Smash Bros
Devil's Third
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly Yarn
Splatoon
Star Fox
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
plus countless VC and Indie games on the eShop

My poor wallet...

Timeaisis

So this year we've got...

Captain Toad
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Smash

and a few other smaller games. Pretty decent, methinks.
2015 is gonna be crazy, though.

Sendou

Good stuff! A few minor things: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker doesn't have : in the name. Yoshi's Wooly World is releasing in the first half of 2015. Wii U eShop thread is kind of dead because mod locked it so it's not a very good resource anymore. Bayonetta 1 is only included in the retail release of Bayonetta 2 I think. Super Smash Bros. 4 is actually titled "Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U" but it's kind of... yeah. Watch Dogs is actually written Watch_Dogs officially.

Why are Donkey Kong and Mario Kart not in the recommendations?
Didn't have time to update recommendations yet. ^^

Good stuff! A few minor things: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker doesn't have : in the name. Yoshi's Wooly World is releasing in the first half of 2015. Wii U eShop thread is kind of dead because mod locked it so it's not a very good resource anymore. Bayonetta 1 is only included in the retail release of Bayonetta 2 I think. Super Smash Bros. 4 is actually titled "Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U" but it's kind of... yeah. Watch Dogs is actually written Watch_Dogs officially.
Thanks, I'll edit it later.

Sendou

Thanks, I'll edit it later.

Also Sonic Boom is missing but maybe that's on purpose... Also might as well add Mario Maker. I have a feeling it will be a retail release. StarFox for 2015 too. Splatoon first half of 2015.

I'm going through OP and adding stuff I see here. BTW love the genre Nintendo has for Bayonetta 2 on the official E3 site: "Climax Action" hah.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Awesome update Smoker!

Also Sonic Boom is missing but maybe that's on purpose... Also might as well add Mario Maker. I have a feeling it will be a retail release. StarFox for 2015 too. Splatoon first half of 2015.

I'm going through OP and adding stuff I see here. BTW love the genre Nintendo has for Bayonetta 2 on the official E3 site: "Climax Action" hah.

For 2014, what I think you're missing is...
- One Piece Unlimited World Red - retail in Europe/JP - June 27th, 2014 for EU; July 8th for US (digital only in NA on Wii U)
- Wii Sports Club Retail has a date of 7/11/2014 in Europe
- Disney Infinity 2.0 - 9/23/2014 (at least in the US? no idea about EU)
- Just Dance 2015 - 10/21/2014
- Sonic Boom - Nov. 2014
- Watch Dogs Wii U is also mentioned to be Nov. 2014

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Seeing as this is kind of a general thread, I have a question:

Did the latest Wii U firmware add support for Dolby PL2 through RCA cables?

I just loaded up Mario Kart for the first time, and it seems like my Logitech receiver pod detected it as "3D", and I am getting some fairly discreet front-back noises. Usually it just defaults to 2.1 when using the Wii U.

The thing is, this Logitech set does PL2 and it's own custom "3D" through the same channel. I think if it's not getting a PL2 signal, it tries to make it's own emulated discreet sound.

PL2 is so lossy it's tough for me to tell if it's emulated 3D or actual PL2...

cafemomo

So I have had this console for two weeks now; some thoughts and personal anecdotes about it

- Unless something drastic changes, this gen will be a repeat of the GC/PS2 era for me, a Nintendo home console (Wii U) will be my main console of choice with Sony (PS4) being relegated to a FF and MGS machine
- Wii U OS is a hot pile of trash
- I really do wish there was Square VC support on this thing. That was the main reason why I almost bought a JP Wii U instead, but I'd figure Square will support the VC for US later down the line
- Playing Wind Waker or Mario Kart 8 on the bed before you go to sleep is soooooo cozy

Not gonna complain about the account system since that is just beating a dead horse, but overall I am satisfied with my purchase. This console was worth every penny imo. Can't wait for Zelda Musou, Bayo 1+2 & Smash on this thing.

And all I wish for is a new Crystal Chronicles game, NMH3, and Last Story II

Scoops

Banned
Pushmo World - June 19, 2014
Wii Sports Club (retail, bowling and baseball added) - July 25, 2014
Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014
Bayonetta 1 - October 2014
Bayonetta 2 - October 2014
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014
Super Smash Bros. 4 - Holiday 2014
Art Academy - 2014

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (probably early since it was a 2014 game)
Mario Maker - 2015
Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015
Mario vs. Donkey Kong U - 2015
Mario Party 10 - 2015
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015
Splatoon - 2015
Devil's Third - "TBA" right now but from the trailers looks like 2015
Star Fox U - 2015
Project Guard - 2015
Project Giant Robot - 2015
The Legend of Zelda U - 2015

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem - not really sure when but at least it was reconfirmed today to still being in development

(All release dates North American)

Now some of these are eshop and/or "minor" titles and of course some of these release dates could slip but as of now its basically a first party game a month for the next year and a half.

RiggyRob

Pushmo World - June 19, 2014
Wii Sports Club (retail, bowling and baseball added) - July 25, 2014
Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014
Bayonetta 1 - October 2014
Bayonetta 2 - October 2014
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014
Super Smash Bros. 4 - Holiday 2014
Art Academy - 2014

The fact Xenoblade Chronicles X is no longer on the 2014 list makes me sad.

ozfunghi

What a great E3 - update will follow soon

Looking at all those screenshots, it's great really. So many different artstyles, all looking marvelous. If you can play games looking like that, who cares what's under the hood. I don't even think Devil's Turd looks as bad as people would have you believe, and the vibrant colors surely have something to do with that.

- Wii U OS is a hot pile of trash

Is that so? I beg to differ. It could be faster, sure, it should have folders, but it does what it needs to do, with one or two taps on the touchscreen. You can post screenshots from inside the game, watch video's on the TV while browsing on the gamepad... The UI may not be very attractive, but having a touchscreen surely makes up much of the time lost loading apps.

So this year we've got...

Captain Toad
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Smash

and a few other smaller games. Pretty decent, methinks.
2015 is gonna be crazy, though.
Did they ever actually say Smash comes to Wii U this year? Didn't they say they said it comes on "Winter"?

If I remember wrong then please correct me though. But if I'm right I really wouldn't expect it to come this year.

prag16

Banned
Did they ever actually say Smash comes to Wii U this year? Didn't they say they said it comes on "Winter"?

If I remember wrong then please correct me though. But if I'm right I really wouldn't expect it to come this year.
Reggie said "Holiday 2014" at E3. It won't be a 2015 game.

Top Bottom