• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

jmizzal

I just picked up 007 Legends on WiiU for a game that came out at launch and is not very good its still has a nice lil dedicated online base, I always find a game in team death match.

So for people worried about games like Devils Third online not having enough people dont worry it will def have a nice online base if 007 can have one for 2 years.

I know COD always has it, and I def wouldnt worry about Splatoon online base

I just picked up 007 Legends on WiiU for a game that came out at launch and is not very good its still has a nice lil dedicated online base, I always find a game in team death match.

So for people worried about games like Devils Third online not having enough people dont worry it will def have a nice online base if 007 can have one for 2 years.

I know COD always has it, and I def wouldnt worry about Splatoon online base

I saw it in CEX for a tenner the other day, might pick it up next time I'm in town if it's still there

Kings fan

Is anyone actually buying Watch Dogs for Wii U?

Really curious about how it will turn out

I'm not even going to buy it for my PS4. Just like the original Assassin's Creed, the sequel will probably work out most of the kinks and offer a much better product.

The game just doesn't look fun compared to other open world offerings like GTA V.

Regiruler

Yes it works with Wii U games but I'm not sure about how many support this controller.
So far, Nintendo's priority are: Gamepad, Wii U Pro and Wii Remote+Nunchuk.
Since the Wii Classic//Pro controllers are not being manufactured anymore I assume the support is pretty poor when it comes to Wii U games so I think you should do some research first when you buy a game.

They usually support is as a Pro Controller clone. I don't think Injustice lists it but it supports it regardless.

prag16

Banned
hi guys do you know if deus ex and/or splinter cell support IR or motion aiming? because I really hate dual analog aiming

Nope.

I hate dual analog gaming as well, but didn't mind in those games. Single player (not competitive multiplayer) and stealth oriented made the shitty aiming not a huge factor for me.

jmizzal

hi guys do you know if deus ex and/or splinter cell support IR or motion aiming? because I really hate dual analog aiming

I dont like dual analog much either, but in those games you dont really need pointer controls

3rd person games I dont care about pointer controls and Splinter Cell is a stealth action game
And Deus Ex is not a fast paced ast person shooter its a stealth RPG so you wont need it as much

Bulzeeb

oh nice, I might be buying one of those next week since they are bot cheap in amazon, I just need to decide now which to buy first

Somnia

I really tried going PS4/X1 as my main systems and haven't really done hardcore Nintendo since the Gamecube. Honestly I think my tastes in gaming has reverted recently and I'm really falling back in love with Nintendo.

My WiiU will be here Friday and the amount of nintendo games, indie games, vc games I want is insane... not including the huge Wii backlog I apparently need to play. I've played some (galaxy's, kirby, wario, zelda), but looking over everything I missed so many good games. I honestly feel like Nintendo is re-invigorating my love for gaming which had been waning for awhile, I have been in gaming bliss recently with my 3DS (and wildstar) and can't wait to dive into the WiiU.

On top of all that I look at the upcoming lineups and the few games I want on PS4/X1 I can get on the PC except a select few, on top of that I am over the dedicated online shooters and the like. The upcoming Fall and 2015 lineup from Nintendo has me extremely excited again.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

prag16

Banned
oh nice, I might be buying one of those next week since they are bot cheap in amazon, I just need to decide now which to buy first

Other than both being stealth games, they're very different from one another. But in my opinion you can't go wrong either way. Deus Ex is a lengthier game with more single player content, but Splinter Cell in my opinion absolutely nails the stealth mechanics whereas Deus Ex is a tad sloppier on that front.

Both fantastic games.

ozfunghi

You shouldn't be comparing those games. It's like comparing Metroid Prime to Call of Duty.

Deus Ex was superb. I'm currently playing Splinter Cell, it's also very good, purely the stealth gameplay might be better, and it has online multiplayer, but Deus Ex had an engaging story with some great & interesting quirks. The single player in Deus Ex is just... a different level.

Brizzo24

Quick Question: I've earned enough points via the Deluxe Digital Promotion to warrant a $5.00 DL coupon. Do I HAVE to buy a $5.00 game, or can I use it towards any game of my choosing? I'd like to put it towards Shovel Knight ($14.99 - $5.00 = $9.99)

Thank you in advance!

tebunker

Banned
Quick Question: I've earned enough points via the Deluxe Digital Promotion to warrant a $5.00 DL coupon. Do I HAVE to buy a $5.00 game, or can I use it towards any game of my choosing? I'd like to put it towards Shovel Knight ($14.99 - $5.00 = $9.99)

Thank you in advance!

it just adds $5 to your eshop balance to use as you see fit

Thank you in advance!
The promotion just gives you a $5 eShop card. Add it to your wallet and you'll have $5.00 to spend in there. If you choose to buy Shovel Knight, you can pay the remaining balance ($9.99) with a credit card.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I just tried almost all e3 demoes. tomorrow I will write some impressions. preview: N will promote the hell out of splatoon and kirby looks GORGEOUS

User Tron

Half OT: Is there a list of rumored Wii U titles? Things like Animal Crossing, Pokken, original title from Straight Right (Tantalus), etc ...

I just tried almost all e3 demoes. tomorrow I will write some impressions. preview: N will promote the hell out of splatoon and kirby looks GORGEOUS
If Splatoon can be Nintendo's Super Smash Bros for shooting games (at least in the way they brought fighting games to a new audience), I'm excited to see what the final product looks like! In a world full of modern military shooters, this looks like it will be arriving at the perfect time to be a success.

Looking forward to your impressions on the demos you tried. 2015 looks like a great year for the Wii U if they can keep this momentum going.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Looking forward for your impressions. I got the same feeling from others tweeting about the post-E3 event, that Splatoon is promoted a lot. And rightly so, I think. Nintendo has there a great material for the next big hit if they play their cards right.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If Splatoon can be Nintendo's Super Smash Bros for shooting games (at least in the way they brought fighting games to a new audience), I'm excited to see what the final product looks like! In a world full of modern military shooters, this looks like it will be arriving at the perfect time to be a success.

Looking forward to your impressions on the demos you tried. 2015 looks like a great year for the Wii U if they can keep this momentum going.

Looking forward for your impressions. I got the same feeling from others tweeting about the post-E3 event, that Splatoon is promoted a lot. And rightly so, I think. Nintendo has there a great material for the next big hit if they play their cards right.

There were ten wii u demostation at the event.
two for smash, with 4P mode enabled and a lot of GC controllers LOL
the other eight had various games preloaded, but all had also splatoon among the selectable softwares, in order to set up 4vs4 matches.
8 players split into two teams battled for various matches and I had to wait more or less half an hour just to see the other preloaded games
definetely a big push, but also a great reaction from the fans that were playing it

GAMETA

Banned
I still believe that Splatoon was kind of a poor choice to start in the tps market.

Something like Plant vs. Zombies GW using Nintendo's beloved characters would have caused much more impact.

Mario shooting with Fludd, Luigi maybe shooting ghosts, Toad shooting mushrooms and things like that could make a really fun and enjoyable game.

Splatoon looked kind of generic to me.. at least the stage(s) that was shown was pretty generic.

Neifirst

I still believe that Splatoon was kind of a poor choice to start in the tps market.

Something like Plant vs. Zombies GW using Nintendo's beloved characters would have caused much more impact.

Mario shooting with Fludd, Luigi maybe shooting ghosts, Toad shooting mushrooms and things like that could make a really fun and enjoyable game.

Splatoon looked kind of generic to me.. at least the stage(s) that was shown was pretty generic.

What you describe is probably more marketable, but really, how many more games in the Mario universe do we really need? I love those classics, but it's time for some new characters and settings. I'm sure Splatoon will be well-polished by release.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Well Project Cars has a retail box now for Wii U =).

The album is here. I have no idea whether these are Wii U screenshots or not, but it kind of looks like it based on putting the boxart first. If those are Wii U screenshots, the game really looks great on Wii U!

http://imgur.com/a/Zarup

Yagami_Sama

The album is here. I have no idea whether these are Wii U screenshots or not, but it kind of looks like it based on putting the boxart first. If those are Wii U screenshots, the game really looks great on Wii U!

Good to rear that will have a retail version. At least, until a few days ago, I was waiting for a download only release.

ironcreed

Banned

Neat. I am still thinking about playing this on Wii U, as I will have Horizon 2 on Xbox One.

Splatoon is a completely new IP with it's own backstory and potential for development. It is an amazing and bold move. Not to mention the mechanics look easy yet very deep with room for skill-based battles as well as just pure fun (reminding me of TF2 in that aspect).

I just don't see much 'generic' about Splatoon. It looks very fresh to me.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, yesterday I've tried the E3 games

Smash is Smash. I loved Little Mac, quick but strong, even if vulnerable in the air, while I didn't like Fit trainer. Villager move set is crazy...
On 3ds, the game works well, with some Jump Superstar vibe

Bayonetta 2 is fluid, vibrant with great lighting. it seems even crazier than the first episode in terms of finisher and giant enemy bosses

Captain toad is amazing. visually impressive, it presented various different gameplay situations even in the demo. looking forward for it

Mario maker seems cool, but I'm not into user generated contents. could be interesting only if online sharing will be confirmed

I preferred Mario vs Dk, despite its smaller scope. touch screen based gameplay was fun

Hard to judge Mario party 10, but at least being a sadistic master as Bowser was fresh, with good gamepad integrations

I found Project guard and Robot funny, but not so intriguing

Hyrule warriors confirmed its DinastyW series root, with frantic but repetitive gameplay, but it was fun to finally unleashed some pure hack&slash action with link. technically, to me it seemed way more polished than Orochi 3 or Ken's rage on Wiiu/PS3

Yoshi is probably the game that benefit more from Wiiu power compared to the last gen, because the Epic yarn visuals were WAY better on this. still slow paced, but very exploration based

Best game visually is Kirby. OMG, I can't descibe the sense of wonder it gave me. Youtube videos don't make it justice. the stop motion effect to the plasticine world is incredible

Splatoon was the star. they organized 8 demostations for 4vs4 team matches. great involvment among players in a good competitive way. good to have the map n the gamepad, great visual effects ofor the ink and the ink consequences, tons of strategy involved, very smooth...it's not my cup of tea, probably, but it seems to have potential

amiibo showed: link,mario,dk,pikachu, samus, villager
to me, they look good, but not so coherent nor toy-ish. I wonder if they'll change them a bit, hoping for a good price positioning

Shauni

I'd really love for you to explain what the hell looks generic about Splatoon? Good Lord, it's like the complete and total antithesis of generic.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Thanks for the impressions.

How is gyro aiming in Splatoon, did you try it?

Yoshi already looks so good, you say the Kirby trumps that?

Man, Wii U will be full of gorgeous and/or cute games by the end of its life. How were the framerates, any noticeable drops?

Mario maker seems cool, but I'm not into user generated contents. could be interesting only if online sharing will be confirmed
Wait, this hasn't been confirmed? I know we don't know much about it, but you'd have thought this would have been confirmed right at the beginning. The game would be pointless to me, otherwise. I plan to spend all my time playing other people's levels, don't think I'll be creating any.

daydream

Banned
Wait, this hasn't been confirmed? I know we don't know much about it, but you'd have thought this would have been confirmed right at the beginning. The game would be pointless to me, otherwise. I plan to spend all my time playing other people's levels, don't think I'll be creating any.

It's basically been confirmed. They haven't shown anything off, but Tezuka has said that the sharing aspect will be an integral part of the game and that they are aware of its importance.

Phil S.

Banned

It hasn't been confirmed. I think it's more the dev team thinking about how they would implement it. Still, I'd rather have a solid confirmation unless I missed one.

EDIT: Thanks daydreaming!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Thanks for the impressions.

How is gyro aiming in Splatoon, did you try it?

Yoshi already looks so good, you say the Kirby trumps that?

Man, Wii U will be full of gorgeus and/or cute games by the end of its life. How were the framerates, any noticeable drops?

no gyro, we played with dual analog
yeah, kirby looks great, better han yoshi. the slowed down animations are wonderful
about mario maker they didn't confirmed the sharing, just hinted at. hopefully they will unveil details about this aspect

radcliff

So, yesterday I've tried the E3 games

Best game visually is Kirby. OMG, I can't descibe the sense of wonder it gave me. Youtube videos don't make it justice. the stop motion effect to the plasticine world is incredible

Was it confirmed whether or not you can play while watching on TV with a ghost marker of where the stylus is on the Gamepad so you could play on the TV instead of the Gamepad? The game looks so good on my TV (eshop videos) that it would almost be a crime to be limited to the Gamepad.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Was it confirmed whether or not you can play while watching on TV with a ghost marker of where the stylus is on the Gamepad so you could play on the TV instead of the Gamepad? The game looks so good on my TV (eshop videos) that it would almost be a crime to be limited to the Gamepad.

not in that demo

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Zelda Musou gets more and more appealing with each trailer. It's like at first I was zzz and then I've slowly been like wait maybe well hey oh cool ect.. with each passing showing. lol

Weng

Thank you. Is there a way to decrease the battery usage on the Gamepad? I'm mostly using it as a controller, I don't want to run out of battery that fast until I get the bigger memory.
Turn the speakers and brightness all the way down and disable rumble.

Some Nobody

....The biggest complaint lobbed towards Nintendo is that all they do is recycle the same characters and never do anything new. They come up with the first unique IP and your response is "they should've used Nintendo characters"? Really?

Top Bottom