• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Nash said:
So Wii Play for Europe?

And does Wario Ware "just after launch" mean before Christmas as well? I'd REALLY like that.
But we can just import it because the Wii is region free no? I mean it might be per-game but wouldn't nintendo make their game region free? please?

Mr. TV Goggles said:
...And racists.

260px-Zwartepiet2.JPG

Is that a screen from Cooking Mama?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
can't wait for the fall DS releases and the Wii launch. Mankind never felt that good :D

ZeoVGM

Banned
HisBrother said:
Lol its funny how they screwed Everyone else except America when it comes to date and screwed everyone except Japan on price.

I guess it balances out really.

uh? no one got screwed on date, first of all. a couple weeks later isn't "screwed"

and i don't think America got screwed on price at all. cheap compared to everything else and i don't think the general buyer is going to think "wtf i dont want that Wii Sports crap with it", but instead think it's cool that it comes with a game. sports = wide range of people, plus the games are simple.

i understand there ARE people who wont want it, but to say anyone is getting screwed over that (and especially over the release dates wtf)

stop overreacitng

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not worth importing for the sake of a couple of weeks, not with the risk of import duty/tax.

My first UK console!

What scarers me is that Iwata comes from Japan only for this non-show ? (Well, I'm the first that I don't expected nothing new, but this move from Iwata not clear).

Well, all the kids in Holland are screwed since our 'Sinterklaas' (Santa in Dutch, december 5th) is long gone on december 8...

It's two weeks late I say.

jarosh

Amir0x said:
at least i get MY anal rape for $250 equivalent, sir
yeah i really don't know what to do now. import and hope that my import wii arrives in november or wait for december 8 and buy it here. damnit. dillemma

Rocked

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What scarers me is that Iwata comes from Japan only for this non-show ? (Well, I'm the first that I don't expected nothing new, but this move from Iwata not clear).

Maybe he wanted a holiday.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I'm guessing he is over there to do certain interviews - Nintendo did say they are trying to establish better sales-relations with Europe.

hadareud

The Translator
Well, good and bad news I suppose. It's great that it's coming out this year and the game prices are good.

I am a little disappointed with the price though, 180 pounds is a lot of money - considering the 360 core is selling for 200. So I dunno if I can get it in December already. I was actually thinking of something in the region of 150, which would have been a fair price.

Ah **** it, I will probably still get it this year.

SantaC

jarosh said:
yeah i really don't know what to do now. import and hope that my import wii arrives in november or wait for december 8 and buy it here. damnit. dillemma

I need Zelda as fast as quickly (before it's old :p). You know what that means.

kojacker

hadareud said:
Well, good and bad news I suppose. It's great that it's coming out this year and the game prices are good.

I am a little disappointed with the price though, 180 pounds is a lot of money - considering the 360 core is selling for 200. So I dunno if I can get it in December already. I was actually thinking of something in the region of 150, which would have been a fair price.

Ah **** it, I will probably still get it this year.
Agreed on the price. Should have been £150.

But I think it's a fortnight too late.

E-phonk

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What scarers me is that Iwata comes from Japan only for this non-show ?

EU doesn't have an iconic head at nintendo (jim merrick was getting there a bit, but since he left there 's a void) - so bringing in iwata shows dedication to the market and gives the press somebody important to interview

Nander

Nash said:
Not worth importing for the sake of a couple of weeks, not with the risk of import duty/tax.

My first UK console!

I'm definitely importing. Since the dollar is currently so low (at least compared to the Swedish krona), it will be a lot cheaper to import. Plus I won't have to wait. And I'm not very afraid of import duty, I will probably buy the Wii from VGP and I've never had to pay anything when ordering from them in the past.

Sunski

If you buy an mS core pack, make it internet ready and get a game then the price hikes to around £330/£340.

An Internet ready Wii with a game is £180.

What's the problem?

Additional controllers will also be available from launch at the estimated retail prices of: Wii Remote - 39 Euros (£29 in UK), Nunchuk – 19 Euros (£14 in UK) and the Classic Controller – 19 Euros (£14 in UK)

from noe-uk article

Awesome pricing tbh.

hadareud

The Translator
Sunski said:
If you buy an mS core pack, make it internet ready and get a game then the price hikes to around £330/£340.

An Internet ready Wii with a game is £180.

What's the problem?
yeah, if I buy a gamecube and an Aston Martin DB9 it's alot more expensive too.

What a great point you have there.

Top Bottom