• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

BooJoh

Question...

If Wii is now launching in four territories this year with 4 million shipped worldwide, should we expect shortages?

Hmmm... drats. We won't reach 10,000 at this rate.

Singapore, despite being in Asia, is a predominantly English-speaking company...

We'll probably get the US release.

Rocked

MrPing1000 said:
Additional controllers will also be available from launch at the estimated retail prices of: Wii Remote - 39 Euros (£29 in UK), Nunchuk – 19 Euros (£14 in UK) and the Classic Controller – 19 Euros (£14 in UK)

from noe-uk article

Awesome pricing tbh.

Not too bad. I'm curious how much the Wii Play bundle will be.

I am only annoyed that we're paying ever so slightly more than the rest of Europe in the UK. Its negligable really. But yeah, this wasn't totally unexpected...

The question now for most people will be - where do they spend around 200 pounds?

On a PSP at £169.99 - with bundling likely for Christmas

VS

On a Wii at £179.99 - new controller style / wireless control + bundled game + built in Wifi

VS

A 360 Core pack at £199 - More powerful hardware capable of HD resolutions but without the wireless controller, HDD, Headset or cable bundled in the premium box.

There's no question, they could have moved Wii off UK shelves quicker if it were cheaper, but there's equally no question that it will sell out over Christmas. Price drop for March's PS3 launch? :lol

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Do we know anything about the Wii psu? Can you import a US Wii and play it in Europe without a stepup converter?

F#A#Oo

Banned
The Wii in the UK is going on sale about £20-£30 more then it should be but you know what...

I can't resistent...I will be getting one DAY 1...£20-£30 is too little to quibble about. If it was £50 I might have had to delay my purchase till a better deal is on offer...especially bundle-wise...:)

I'm going to get Ray-Man:Raving Rabbids...Zelda and Excite-Truck as well as Trauma-Centre and Wii-Mote and Nun-chuck.:)

Thanks Nintendo...:D

jarosh

SantaC said:
I need Zelda as fast as quickly (before it's old :p). You know what that means.
yeah, you probably won't have any problems getting zelda online. but i dunno... do you think you'll get an import wii before december? i'm no longer sure it's such a smart idea to import. we have to pay more and we'll only get it two weeks in advance - at best!

andthebeatgoeson

Amirox, we need info for My First Wii on the first page, if you can. Have we gotten confirmation that it's not coming to North America? And is it packaged with the WiiMote and the Nunchuk or just the WiiMote?

commissar

SumGamer said:
So no NZ release date confirmation I assume...?
well the NZ ninty website links straight to the AUS one, so hopefully the Dec 7 stands true for us, even though the $399 won't. Still that's about $450NZD. Which is quite a bit cheaper than what the GameCube launched at ($550 as I recall).

Xzbeat

For europeans who still feel getting raped (me included) :

€249 = €200(minus 20% tax) = $253.

I will not be importing this item. It's a fair price IMO.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
skinnyrattler said:
Amirox, we need info for My First Wii on the first page, if you can. Have we gotten confirmation that it's not coming to North America? And is it packaged with the WiiMote and the Nunchuk or just the WiiMote?
Just wiimote, but yeah, I wasn't aware it wasn't coming to America til just recently :(

It'll probably get here eventually; just not launch.

Amir0x

Banned
skinnyrattler said:

I don't even know the answer to these things so I can't rightly update the post with such stuff :(

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Does someone know the exact list of the 10 games included in Wii Play beyond Billiards and Duck Hunt? I can't find any preview of this package anywhere :-/

Three conferences and the only thing we know about the Virtual Console is the price of the NES, SNES and N64 games [and that Europe will have a teeny weeny 50hz library, lol].

Thanks Nintendo! *thumbs up*

spritex

Oh, and on the wii.com euro pages:

"An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video."

So it seems like the PAL version also has s-video out. Which is great for me, because I only have s-video and composite in on my computer (no TV).

Xzbeat said:
For europeans who still feel getting raped (me included) :

€249 = €200(minus 20% tax) = $253.

I will not be importing this item. It's a fair price IMO.

249€ minus 20% tax would be 207.50€.

Moblin

I would wait and see what bundles microsoft does on the core pack, at least in the UK and europe. There was a price drop for the gamecube just before launch as a result of the Xbox price cut. It meant I got an extra game at launch :D ( ahh monkey ball how I loved thee)

spritex said:
Oh, and on the wii.com euro pages:

"An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video."

So it seems like the PAL version also has s-video out. Which is great for me, because I only have s-video and composite in on my computer (no TV).

Where ? I see this only in US Page. But nobody say us that in PAL regions it will be the same.

Xristot

guys, is amazon usually good for console preorders? Do they usually get sufficient stock? and do they ship quick? I use amazon for books and dvds but never consoles, especially at launch. I was just thinking about options.

Sunski said:
If you buy an mS core pack, make it internet ready and get a game then the price hikes to around £330/£340.

An Internet ready Wii with a game is £180.

What's the problem?

What the hell do you mean making the 360 internet ready it has an ethernet in the back.:lol

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Fxp said:
If Wii PAL will play my US Gamacube games, it'll be my first PAL console in a while.
funny, i'm thinking the opposite.

If Wii NTSC will play my AUS Gamecube games, it'll be my first NTSC console.

Gessle

Confirmed cables for Europe so far:

- AV Stereo (composite)
- Component cable
- S-Video cable
- RGB cable

Don't know if there will be a Component-AV hybrid cable...

Xzbeat

Gessle said:

- AV Stereo (composite)
- Component cable
- S-Video cable
- RGB cable

Where did you get these infos?

ziran

Gessle said:

- AV Stereo (composite)
- Component cable
- S-Video cable
- RGB cable

pleased about rgb.

does anyone know if wii has the same connector as gc/n64/snes and will it work with gc cables?

BooJoh

Ford Prefect said:
It doesn't, but why do so many people care about this? It comes with cables :\
Well I don't know about others, but I just keep one set of A/V cables hooked up and switch it between my GCN, SNES, and N64.

Top Bottom