• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hooker said:
What morons, they're missing the biggest ****ing holiday of the Dutch and Belgian people of the year by 3 days...

Yep that's a missed opportunity, looks like Sinterklaas has to be delayed this year.

So the launch details are nothing surprising. I'll probably get it at launch

Wow..Its a worldwide release minus America... Lol its funny how they screwed Everyone else except America when it comes to date and screwed everyone except Japan on price.

I guess it balances out really.

07:47.04 -
The enormous Wii software trailer reel shown on Nintendo's website is now playing, showing off many titles including Resi Evil, Zelda and countless others.

13:44 - Right, with that bit of frenzied excitement out the way, we've moved onto that Wii games trailer that was doing the rounds on the Japanese website yesterday. Incidentally, it looks a bit more impressive when it's blown up slightly bigger than the size of a postage stamp.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
WordAssassin said:
What the **** is this, everyone gets Wii Play except America. God dammit. I want to use my Mii in as many games as I can!
Is Wii Play this game that includes the billard? If so Yeah!

Falch

Henk_Glimlach said:
Yep :) Sinterklaas 5 December

Lot of people celebrate Christmas instead of Sinterklaas these days anyway.

Anyway, pretty much what I expected. December release, 250 Euro with Wii Sports. Is white the only color? I'd rather have a black Wii.

HisBrother said:
Wow..Its a worldwide release minus America... Lol its funny how they screwed Everyone else except America when it comes to date and screwed everyone except Japan on price.

I guess it balances out really.

Unless u live in Europe

SlayrUK

Console is £100 cheaper than Xbox 360 PRemium
Games are £10 cheaper than Xbox 360

Sounds fair enough considering what the Wii is aiming for.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
So Wii Play for Europe?

And does Wario Ware "just after launch" mean before Christmas as well? I'd REALLY like that.

8bit

Knows the Score
jarosh said:
wii play (includes duck hunt) with extra remote for europe but not for us. lol

Rest of world
VVVVVVVVV

clipboard01hi7.jpg

^^^^^^^^
America

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Screenboy said:
180 quid, 30 quid more than I'd like to have spent but i'll still get it with Zelda.

Its also only £20 less than you can get a core Xbox 360 for.

Still, not too bad - game prices are OK if they stick to £34 for first party. Although thats quite close to DS game pricing - wonder if they'll go down?

Coen

Hooker said:
What morons, they're missing the biggest ****ing holiday of the Dutch and Belgian people of the year by 3 days...

They would've missed that anyway. Parents buy that stuff weeks in advance.

Tadaima

Okay.

It's great that Europe is getting it so close to America and Japan. There isn't enough time to import, this time around!

179 is okay. I'm getting Wii Sports seperately, anyway, and had set aside 150 for the console. 150 + 40 = more than 180.

12:47 - And with one last crescendo of music, Iwata has reappeared on stage. The words "Wii move you" are dangling provocatively over his head. He's inviting us to go try the damn thing out for ourselves. And - gasp - a huge gaping chasm has opened in the wall behind him and everyone's being sucked through, like huge electronically-obsessed sheep. Or something. You know, if we'd thought about it, we would have said 'Iwata is inviting us to play with his Wii'. AHAHAHAHAHahhahahahaha. God, I kill me sometimes.

And on that note, we're off to play some games. Cheerio from London! We love you, we really, really do!

Actually I'm gonna assume that Wii Play will launch world-wide around December 10th since it'll be there for the Japanese and European launches (and, assumedly, the Assie one too) so I guess it's not too bad.

Top Bottom