• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

SlayrUK

mrklaw said:
can we please stop putting speculative prices up? Especially right now. Just stuff reported from the event or press releases. Otherwise it'll be too difficult to see whats real or not.

and isn't it odd that they'd restrict equipment in the UK but not in the US?

Final secrets.. ;)

Amir0x

Banned
metdroid said:
I want wiisports packed in :(

(for the same price of course :D )

why you could buy it seperately and it'd be cheaper and then consumers who don't like trash could opt to buy something else

SlayrUK

12:14.44 -
Nintendo UK boss David Yanton's taking his place in the audience. Nintendo UK staff make up about a third of the row behind me.

:lol hope they don't object to the laptop then...

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Amir0x said:
why you could buy it seperately and it'd be cheaper and then consumers who don't like trash could opt to buy something else

Nah, I mean I want it packed in for the 25,000 yen that just the system is gonna cost.

sangreal

mrklaw said:
can we please stop putting speculative prices up? Especially right now. Just stuff reported from the event or press releases. Otherwise it'll be too difficult to see whats real or not.

and isn't it odd that they'd restrict equipment in the UK but not in the US?

er, I dont think that was speculative

Sunski

NINTENDO EUROPE TO PREMIER SMASH BROS ONLINE

A spokesperson from Nintendo Germany announced to the gathered journalists "WiFi signals must be kept clear for bomben ze droppen"

Hooker

Scalemail Ted said:
06:14.44 -
Nintendo UK boss David Yanton's taking his place in the audience. Nintendo UK staff make up about a third of the row behind me.
I reckon he's in for a surprise, as he knows jack shit anything related Nintendo

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Hooker said:
I reckon he's in for a surprise, as he knows jack shit anything related Nintendo

a_med_yarnton.jpg

What the hell youu talkin bout

I think the whole not putting wii sports in in Japan is a smart move. It makes the Wii look rediculously cheap compared to the PS3 + nobodies gonna buy an xbox360 so it's vital that they look good vs Sony. Everywhere else they have all 3 to contend with a pack in gives them something extra and leaves elbow room for price cuts later down the line which they may need due to Microsoft more than Sony.

Sunski said:
NINTENDO EUROPE TO PREMIER SMASH BROS ONLINE

A spokesperson from Nintendo Germany announced to the gathered journalists "WiFi signals must be kept clear for bomben ze droppen"

WTF?! u joking?!

Come on SSBB Online!!!

EDIT: and im stupid

Amir0x

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
What's up with the Europe event? Will we see Wii Aerobics? Iwata is flying down there right?

oh yeah that's right what ever happened to that. Well, if they didn't show Wii Aerobics they sure as hell ain't gonna show Kid Icarus

im pretty sure the Wii sports packin idea was done for the sole purpose of pissing off Amir0x, you watch, the very second he registers his machine with Nintendo they will drop the price down to $200.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
MrPing1000 said:
I think the whole not putting wii sports in in Japan is a smart move. It makes the Wii look rediculously cheap compared to the PS3 + nobodies gonna buy an xbox360 so it's vital that they look good vs Sony. Everywhere else they have all 3 to contend with a pack in gives them something extra and leaves elbow room for price cuts later down the line which they may need due to Microsoft more than Sony.

I think it may also have something to do with the way all Western non-gaming media seemed to have gone mad over Wii Sports ever since E3. Any mention of Wii is always followed by it. In the UK Wii Sports has got Nintendo mentioned in loads of places, from the BBC to newspapers who usually give Nintendo pretty harsh (or non-existant) treatment.

Wii Sports seems to be a good publicity machine.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Captain AHat said:
im pretty sure the Wii sports packin idea was done for the sole purpose of pissing off Amir0x, you watch, the very second he registers his machine with Nintendo they will drop the price down to $200.

:lol

Amir0x

Banned
Captain AHat said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, all of Nintendo's hilarious dumb moves this week seem to have been custom-fitted for Amir0x-piss-off specifications, so I have no doubt you're right.

06:21.17 -
Still sod all happening. Lanyard commentary: elegant, simple, nice font, while the strap bears the "Wii Play Together" slogan. Decent clip mechanism. 7/10.

06:14.44 -

Still sod all happening. Lanyard commentary: elegant, simple, nice font, while the strap bears the "Wii Play Together" slogan. Decent clip mechanism. 7/10.

SlayrUK

flipping_heck said:

IGN score of 9.9 confirmed

Top Bottom