• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Jarnet87

faction dominance will probably change from server to server. Some will be more even, and others will be completely one sided. That's how WoW was/is.

Einbroch

Banned
Is that generally the case in MMOs? I've never looked into the issue so assume that you have some basis for the above statement.

Generally, yes. Only when one side has a clear advantage (racial passives) do things get wonky. Servers can get messed up pretty easily, but overall population generally balances out.

WoW is currently at 52:48 Alliance:Horde and SWTOR is 59:41 Empire:Republic.

desverger

Oh well, perish the thought of getting some useful results from that poll then!

Anyway, not like it matters a whole lot, seeing as most of the functionality will be cross realm anyway. Open world pvp might be fun on some servers though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
faction dominance will probably change from server to server. Some will be more even, and others will be completely one sided. That's how WoW was/is.

depends... WoW really only started to tilt heavily in directions once the Armory went live and census sites were created. If there's no ability to do a census in this game then you shouldn't see situations like Illidan and Kel'Thuzad.

Jarnet87

Whatever happened to the days of MMOs without split factions. I miss Everquest where you could talk with everyone and all the races were available to group/raid together.

Einbroch

Banned
Whatever happened to the days of MMOs without split factions. I miss Everquest where you could talk with everyone and all the races were available to group/raid together. Now everything seems to have split factions so a reason to have built in PVP.

My very first post on WildStar was a complaint about factions.

I much, much prefer the organic factions that occur with guilds and alliances, especially if you throw in guild warfare.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Whatever happened to the days of MMOs without split factions. I miss Everquest where you could talk with everyone and all the races were available to group/raid together.

I have a game for you. It's called FFXIV (really).

Jarnet87

I have a game for you. It's called FFXIV (really).

I played 2.0 during the beta and I did enjoy it. I passed on playing it when it went live and decided to just wait for Wildstar. I don't have the time to be super committed to both games.

depends... WoW really only started to tilt heavily in directions once the Armory went live and census sites were created. If there's no ability to do a census in this game then you shouldn't see situations like Illidan and Kel'Thuzad.

True. I don't plan on playing on a PVP server either way, but it's nice to have a balanced server.

Kenaras

There were a lot of massively unbalanced servers even at launch. Usually Alliance-favored on PvE servers, and Horde-favored on PvP servers.

You'll also want to look into Penny Arcade, they've grown a pretty sizable community that tends towards obnoxiousness as well. Curse too, they usually have a sub-site and forums that are game-specific and they tend to create communities there that are pretty big.

Maybe look into whether Gaiscioch is rolling in WS or not, they have something like 3500 members and play across multiple games. They are usually well-behaved though, so if you're worried about the size of your guild, rolling with a big, ultra friendly guild might actually be a good thing.

Those are the big ones off the top of my head.

I'll take a look at those. Thanks!

Now I have to decide what I'm playing. My healer will be a Medic, but I can't decide between Warrior or Stalker for tank. Healer's tend to fear deflect tanks.

Hello!

I know next to nothing about this game but will be reading up on it from now on as I've just preordered it.

My question is, and I apologise if this has been asked, but will I just be sent the early access code by ShopTo before friday to download the client at some point in the next day or so?

Theres a Wildstar Beta Code on my ShopTo account but I assume thats not the one I want right now.

Einbroch

Banned
Hello!

I know next to nothing about this game but will be reading up on it from now on as I've just preordered it.

My question is, and I apologise if this has been asked, but will I just be sent the early access code by ShopTo before friday to download the client at some point in the next day or so?

You should have received (or will shortly) a "beta" key. This key will allow you to play until June 4th, and at that time you have to enter your retail key.

You should have received (or will shortly) a "beta" key. This key will allow you to play until June 4th, and at that time you have to enter your retail key.

Sorry, I edited my original post.

So, I've got a WILDSTAR BETA TESTING CODES attached to my account, is this the one you mean?

barnone

When my time runs out, I can no longer log into the game world and buy CREDD, right? I have to buy it before my time expires?

Yep. Go ahead and patch it up, same as the release candidate.

Correct! The current client will update to release client no problem.

Edit: Dang, beaten.

Thank you both :)

My last question is regarding NC Soft accounts.

Are they like WoW where its seperated by Country or is it a case of one account regardless of where I live?

I dont want to end up applying to code to the wrong region as I'm in the UK! :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Around 20 atm.

Cool. Damn auto correct on guild in previous post.

I should be joining as well, might be a mostly watch dogs weekend though.

Wondering if oceanic would be better for me since I'm an aussie. But I Might just level with gaffers for a while instead and see how the server population is.

Cool. Damn auto correct on guild in previous post.

I should be joining as well, might be a mostly watch dogs weekend though.

Wondering if oceanic would be better for me since I'm an aussie. But I Might just level with gaffers for a while instead and see how the server population is.
Both servers are in Texas I believe, it depends on what type of community you prefer.

Mudo

I played 1 weekend in beta - is there any way for me to play now through launch? I wasn't sure how to go about buying/linking/whatever. thanks!!

Tankshell

Like the look of this, just picked up a copy, can't register my serial number at the moment though. Looks like they are having issues.

EDIT - yup :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Thank you both :)

My last question is regarding NC Soft accounts.

Are they like WoW where its seperated by Country or is it a case of one account regardless of where I live?

I dont want to end up applying to code to the wrong region as I'm in the UK! :)

WildStar is region specific to US and EU, and only one of the two can be associated with the same NCSoft account. Among EU are English, German and French servers I believe.

EU GAF, did we decide on a server yet for launch?

Top Bottom