• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

WildStar is region specific to US and EU, and only one of the two can be associated with the same NCSoft account. Among EU are English, German and French servers I believe.

EU GAF, did we decide on a server yet for launch?

Thank you, so as soon as I add the serial key to my account it will make it U specific, got it!

Ricker

Played a bit of the Beta....only made it to like, level 12. So take everything i say with a grain of salt.

Didn't love what I played. I much prefer a wholly connected world (yes like wow) rather than instance after instance (like SWTOR).

The starting spaceship area is one of the worst designed opening areas in an MMO i have ever played. Ugly, confusing, boring. An absolutely abysmal introduction to the game.

Although I enjoy the concept of the combat. I find myself really let down by the execution. So many of the skills require you to stand still. I was really hoping for a system that allowed for more active movement (these skills exist, but most of the bread and butter skills i used required you not to move for a period of time)

The game itself is not very good looking. I didn't love the recent Final fantasy MMO from a gameplay standpoint, but damn it looked realllllllllllly good. This definitely lacks any sort of "wow" factor.

I still may get this game, because they make the PVE endgame sound just amazing. But, the beta has made me very hesitant.

My thoughts exactly...I didnt like the combat at all,well the default set up anyway...I think you can change it to get a mouse aim look to it,maybe that would of helped me enjoy it more,but holding down the right mouse button to rotate the aim and camera was a pain...

Mind you I only got to level 10,as a Slinger but I dont know,just didnt get into it at all...

My thoughts exactly...I didnt like the combat at all,well the default set up anyway...I think you can change it to get a mouse aim look to it,maybe that would of helped me enjoy it more,but holding down the right mouse button to rotate the aim and camera was a pain...

Mind you I only got to level 10,as a Slinger but I dont know,just didnt get into it at all...

Spellslinger was my first class and, similarly, it didn't click with me. But then I tried some other classes and found some that were more for my style. Medic is actually cool because (so far) it gives you a variety of skills where you can move, need to stand still, or can drop AEs. Esper and Stalker were also fun. Try some more classes before the beta ends

Zand

Neo Member
Yyyyyeeeeeah, I'm going to go with this. Especially since I'm going to be on one of those 3 and don't want crushing queues every evening.

There will be no queues. WildStar will be using an overflow system like GW2 has, the game will just keep spawning new instances of an area as people flood into them. Pretty sure they will have a system in place that will allow you to group up with friends and all gather into the same map.

Ketch

Is this available today? Might buy it just for the free 30 days.

unless anybody has a guest pass they're willing to be generous with.

There will be no queues. WildStar will be using an overflow system like GW2 has, the game will just keep spawning new instances of an area as people flood into them. Pretty sure they will have a system in place that will allow you to group up with friends and all gather into the same map.

They already do have that system. It used to be the command /pgoto but now you right click on the party leader and can move to their instance.

Is this available today? Might buy it just for the free 30 days.

unless anybody has a guest pass they're willing to be generous with.

I can give you a guest pass once we're given them in a few days.

Shahadan

Dev videos about classes are hilarious and look fun. I don't know what to pick D:
It's always the problem with new MMos. I'm afraid to pick something I won't like in ten levels.

I wish we could quickly try a class mid level in a practice stadium or something right at the start.

Wait. They are instancing zones into an overflow if there are too many people? That sounds terrible.

It amounts to being just different 'channels' in order to make sure there's not too many people in a zone to where it has a negative impact (too much competition for mobs, reduced performance, etc).

HowZatOZ

Banned
Wait. They are instancing zones into an overflow if there are too many people? That sounds terrible.

Its what Guild Wars 2, ESO and (I think?) WoW does when the zones get filled up too quickly. Stops servers crashing, people complaining about lack of mobs for questing and just generally does better.

Little bit miffed on the removal of Oceanic tag for Widow, but I guess there wasn't enough interest in a PvP server. Understandable, as I can see PvP servers being rather low pop compared to PvE servers in WildStar, not really a big emphasis on world PvP with the two factions not entirely being at each others throats (like Alliances vs Horde). I think I'll roll on the PvE server though, just purely for the guild that my friend is running so I can enjoy raids.

Alboreo

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but are there currently any plans for a GAF PvE Exile guild for NA? If not, I will see you all on the battlefield. >:)

Oh right. Forgot that part. There's been alot of research that was so long ago.

So do we know anything about how feasible it is to pay the monthly sub fee via in game currency? Will it require some huge commitment or can someone who picks the game up every couple days do it?

HowZatOZ

Banned
So do we know anything about how feasible it is to pay the monthly sub fee via in game currency? Will it require some huge commitment or can someone who picks the game up every couple days do it?

No, and we probably won't until a few weeks after launch. The currency price will fluctuate until it gets to a point where users are happy to pay for it. WIll also depend on people actually buying CREDD as well to obviously stimulate the market, but that will also be dependant on whether gold is a big thing or not.

Einbroch

Banned
luEsZvA.png

Fear me.

Alboreo

the answers you seek lie within the op

Do we have a GAF guild? Other member's guilds?
Sure do.
TharpDaddy is running the official PVE server GAF guild. This guild is a sister guild of our very own GW2 guild. They're letting us use their Mumble and forums. Great guys and gals! Here's the link, named Neo Empire.
piratepwnsninja is running a CST US weekend-focused raiding guild here, named Paradoxical.
Somnia is a member of a jack-of-all-trades PVP server guild that has been around for more than ten years here, named Acolytes.

I saw this section in the OP, but that didn't really answer my question. I thought it may be possible that someone else was organizing something other than Neo Empire (which I was told is Dominion), Paradoxical (which is a raiding guild), and Acolytes (which appears to be a strict PvP guild). I was wondering if there was anyone putting together an Exile equivalent of Neo Empire.

I apologize if I am missing something in the OP though, or if my question is obvious. Just wanted to play with some GAF bros.

I saw this section in the OP, but that didn't really answer my question. I thought it may be possible that someone else was organizing something other than Neo Empire (which I was told is Dominion), Paradoxical (which is a raiding guild), and Acolytes (which appears to be a strict PvP guild). I was wondering if there was anyone putting together an Exile equivalent of Neo Empire.

I apologize if I am missing something in the OP though, or if my question is obvious. Just wanted to play with some GAF bros.

Sorry i don't think there's an Exile guild as of yet.

Einbroch

Banned

I updated the OP with some more information now that more is available. The only Exile guild is Paradoxical, but they seem to be focused on raiding (semi-hardcore), but that's a question for them.

Einbroch

Banned
Made it more readable. Also, it DOES seem that Paradoxical accepts almost anyone, as their recruitment page suggests. So maybe that's for you!

I updated the OP with some more information now that more is available. The only Exile guild is Paradoxical, but they seem to be focused on raiding (semi-hardcore), but that's a question for them.

So you can add it to the OT, Neo Empire will be on Orias.

Somnia

Were not a strict PVP guild just as a heads up, a lot of our members love PVPing, but end game raiding is also a goal for us. We accept all types of players though, including those who can only play a few hours a week.

Einbroch

Banned
Were not a strict PVP guild just as a heads up, a lot of our members love PVPing, but end game raiding is also a goal for us. We accept all types of players though, including those who can only play a few hours a week.

Yeah, I can see how he/she was confused. The layout was pretty poor. I hope it's more readable now.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Woo just grabbed the standard edition of GMG, they have a 22% code for anyone wanting some discounts: QUK706-XWFKI6-8UK3NL. Ah can't wait now even though I won't be able to actually play until Sunday!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I went straight off the official site since GMG doesn't work here. You might want to do the same if money isn't a problem as it provides the most simple, no-fuss route.

As for coming to Japan, I think that's one of those stay tuned things. But I think that'll be talked about later on.

Gotcha. Think I will try and nab a 7-day pass off someone and try it (on my 4 year old laptop) before going full-price.

Thanks again!

Norns

So close...

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Finally decided on Medic. I love the idea of a melee range caster.

Ferny

Weird thing but the account management page looks WAY better and 2 step verification!

You also get bonuses
Progression Boosts: 2% Increase to Experience, Renown, and Prestige gain
Character Title: Certifiably Certified
Costume Piece: Cybernetic Eyepatch

Hubb

Nice that they are giving rewards for the two step verification. Always nice getting things for something you were going to do anyway.

Weird thing but the account management page looks WAY better and 2 step verification!

You also get bonuses

...Eyepatch? Sold.

Trying to setup 2-step verification and it seems I've broken the account system.

"Invalid name or password"? Yeah, you have to close the game completely and restart to get that to go away.

Ah, finally I have a message that solves the problem. Anybody got a 7-day code they're willing to part with? EDIT: Wait, they come at launch don't they?

Woo just grabbed the standard edition of GMG, they have a 22% code for anyone wanting some discounts: QUK706-XWFKI6-8UK3NL. Ah can't wait now even though I won't be able to actually play until Sunday!

Bah, I used your code and got 22% off (Thanks for that), but when I went to register the code GMG sent me it says it's expired. Been a rough day, I'm way too old and tired for further frustration.

Dunlop

You also get bonuses

Saw that, going to wait until monday after the clusterfuck that will be launch to make sure I am not locked out

I did test it..and had weird issue. So for those that do use it

If you get "Invalid Username or Password" you need to close the client completely. I purposely entered the wrong code once and then a valid one many times afterwards and would stay locked out. Closing the client made it work on the first try

edit: lol info posted right above...reading fail for me

With the servers up, can we start playing now ?

The servers just went down unfortunately. They were only up so Carbine could stress test their authentication servers. They may have more ops tests this week, but beyond those we have to wait until the 31st to play.

Top Bottom