• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

HowZatOZ

Banned
Alright, Engineer it is than. I love that I can tank with rather unconventional classes, makes this game even more awesome.

Arksy

Engineers are amazing tanks. They're probably stronger than Warriors when it comes to this role.

Pity they're so fucking boring.

Looks like I'll be rolling with my old Titan Alliance guilds. If I even get this game. SIGH. This is all your fault. I hate you.

Arksy

How the hell is this my fault? If anything, you should join gaf-guild.

That I'm even thinking of getting this game, is your fault for going on about it. :p

Edit: If my guilds are going oceanic I might not bother and roll on a US server, oceanic servers seem to decline in popularity super quickly.

Arken2121

That I'm even thinking of getting this game, is your fault for going on about it. :p

Edit: If my guilds are going oceanic I might not bother and roll on a US server, oceanic servers seem to decline in popularity super quickly.

Well technically Widow is NA. Just since the Oceanic servers don't have an official pvp server, they made Widow theirs.

Arksy

Well technically Widow is NA. Just since the Oceanic servers don't have an official pvp server, they made Widow theirs.

Unofficial oceanic servers > Official oceanic servers. Looks like I'll be rolling on widow. If I get this game, which I totally won't.

Sigh.

Fuck you guys.

Somnia

Someone should put together a spreadsheet where we can put all gaffer character names and servers so we can account friend in game. Will make it easier to cross realm with other gaffers.

Somnia

I convinced my brother to go to Widow, so I'll see you all in-game!

You two should consider apping for Acolytes sometime unless you have another guild lined up :)

either way you two can join us on mumble for pvp/dungeon runs even if you don't.

Alrus

Really interested in this, have exams till the end of June so probably won't be playing until then though.

By the way why do people hate Aurins so much?

Einbroch

Banned
Really interested in this, have exams till the end of June so probably won't be playing until then though.

By the way why do people hate Aurins so much?

It's mostly just a joke. They're the "cute" race, with adorable emotes, huge eyes, fluffy bunny ears, and are hippies.

docbon

It's mostly just a joke. They're the "cute" race, with adorable emotes, huge eyes, fluffy bunny ears, and are hippies.

their bug eyes and cockroach-like movement makes me want to exterminate them.

iq7y4P1qcQ0gu.png

deth 2 aurin

-----------

also good to hear you'll be on the widow server~

Engineers are amazing tanks. They're probably stronger than Warriors when it comes to this role.

:(

I haven't played much but I'm assuming all three tanks are viable, and its not vanilla/tbc wow where one class was the clear choice for tanking. I'm interested between engineer, stalker and warrior.

Other thing I wish is that warriors had more variety in weapons besides just swords. I want my battle axe.

Ya if that one can be edited it'd work great since not all of us are rolling with gaf guild

I'm not near my PC to where i can log in and add a second sheet. Someone could just add a break after the last name and use that space, or i can add a new tab tomorrow.

Einbroch

Banned
People have done some playtesting and number crunching (limited because not many have gotten to that point), but many are saying that Warriors are the most gear dependent, but once they have gear can equal or surpass the other tanks.

Don't worry about balance. Seriously, don't. Play. What. You. Want.

Did the best i could on the spreadsheet from my phone. Unless you're signing up for the GAF guild on Orias, put your name under the text i put in that spreadsheet.

My knowledge of how to actually work a google docs spreadsheet has reached it's limit. Whoever the wizard is that managed to add tabs you're my hero.

Arsin

Hey yall, getting super excited for this weekend! My friend and I were wondering how we would add our names to the list for the Gaf guild. I see the spread sheet linked above, but he is a non Gaf member, so should I put him on a different tab or just make note of that in the Gaf name section?

Hey yall, getting super excited for this weekend! My friend and I were wondering how we would add our names to the list for the Gaf guild. I see the spread sheet linked above, but he is a non Gaf member, so should I put him on a different tab or just make note of that in the Gaf name section?

Are you joining the gaf guild? If so, just leave the gaf name section blank for him. I don't believe any of the 3 guilds require a gaf account.

Arken2121

:(

I haven't played much but I'm assuming all three tanks are viable, and its not vanilla/tbc wow where one class was the clear choice for tanking. I'm interested between engineer, stalker and warrior.

Other thing I wish is that warriors had more variety in weapons besides just swords. I want my battle axe.

Well Warriors got a NICE buff to tanking through the defensive stance. I tanked Stormtalons Lair with full offensive gear and abilities while just switching the stance to defensive. I was able to keep threat the whole time. I'm fairly certain someone specced as a tank with the right skills wouldn't have an issue either.

Arsin

Are you joining the gaf guild? If so, just leave the gaf name section blank for him. I don't believe any of the 3 guilds require a gaf account.

I am! Or I would like to if that is an option ^_^

Awesome thanks for the help. Did I mention that I am super jazzed for this weekend? Cuz, hot damn, I am jazzed.

I am! Or I would like to if that is an option ^_^

Awesome thanks for the help. Did I mention that I am super jazzed for this weekend? Cuz, hot damn, I am jazzed.

Yup, we'd be glad to have you and your friend in the guild! I'm pumped as well.

Arksy

Well Warriors got a NICE buff to tanking through the defensive stance. I tanked Stormtalons Lair with full offensive gear and abilities while just switching the stance to defensive. I was able to keep threat the whole time. I'm fairly certain someone specced as a tank with the right skills wouldn't have an issue either.

What server are you rolling on?

I wasnt going to go a PvP server as I am new to MMO's but I might just have to join in on this Widow server.

Can a server become full? I won't be able to log in until about 7hours after head start.

Ferny

I wasnt going to go a PvP server as I am new to MMO's but I might just have to join in on this Widow server.

Can a server become full? I won't be able to log in until about 7hours after head start.
The servers are much bigger than normal servers in other MMOs but not as big as a mega server. I'm sure that means there may be queues but who knows.

Ferny

Does anyone know if there's a GAF pve exile server?

Only three guilds at the moment. 1 is the official GAF guild which is rolling PVE-Dominion.
There is a PVP guild very loosely affiliated with some GAF members rolling on Widow and the other I have no clue but it's PVP too. Those are the only three so far.

Neo Empire, run by TharpDaddy. US, Dominion, PVE server Orias, jack-of-all-trades focus. This guild is a sister guild of our very own GW2 guild. They're letting us use their Mumble and forums.
Paradoxical, represented by piratepwnsninja. US, Exiles, PVE server Mikros, weekend-focused raid guild but accepts people from all walks of life.
Acolytes represented by Somnia. US, Dominion, PVP server Widow, jack-of-all-trades focus. Long standing community spanning many years and games.

KePoW

Banned
Only three guilds at the moment. 1 is the official GAF guild which is rolling PVE-Dominion.
There is a PVP guild very loosely affiliated with some GAF members rolling on Widow and the other I have no clue but it's PVP too. Those are the only three so far.

Ok dratz, thx

Top Bottom