• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Einbroch

Banned
Oh no, you don't understand. I was the one who was making it stupid with fanart and Tharp erotic fanfiction. I take no credit for making it clean. But I will accept credit for making it awesome.

Finally got around to throwing some of my information onto the spreadsheet, though I might edit my character name on there because I'm probably gonna have an alt on Pergo with IRL friends.

Tesseract

Banned
pvp only high rated wow player here (quit before lich king), wildstar's combat mechanics are pressing all of me buttons. damn it to hell, just when i thought i was out.

Crackbone

God damn.

I was all set to play a warrior, then I played a spellslinger, and then an engineer and finally a medic and now I have zero fucking clue what I want to play.

Pfft. I guess there are worse things but I have zero fucking clue.

Sephirus

God damn.

I was all set to play a warrior, then I played a spellslinger, and then an engineer and finally a medic and now I have zero fucking clue what I want to play.

Pfft. I guess there are worse things but I have zero fucking clue.

I've had the same problem since Winter Beta. I had my mind set on Warrior going into it, played it till around level 11. Shelved that for a Spellslinger, which I didn't enjoy so I landed on Stalker which I leveled up to around 35.

Thought that was gonna be my main until I decided to give Warrior and Spellslinger another try during the Open beta. Now I'm conflicted ;_;

Jijidasu

I'll be rolling on Widow PVP (confirmed) with a guild of my fellow countrymen and other mixed oceanic scallywags. It's being pushed as the unofficial-official-kindofsupportedbyCougar-Oceanic PVP realm.

Totakeke

How's the experience for Oceanic players so far? It seems like the telegraph system would be very annoying if you're playing with >200ms latency.

I'm having a very difficult time deciding between medic and spellslinger. I do think if I go spellslinger I'm going to switch my innate to something like E, where I can reach it without even having to think, but I tend to like close range classes more.

desverger

So I never really got into crafting in the beta. At what point can you pick crafting skills?

Tutorial zone -> Starting zone -> First real zone

The first "real" zone, for example Algoroc for exiles has all the crafting tutorials and skill trainers.

Oh, around 24h to go for headstart :p

Meatfist

I've been dying for a new MMO since I got burnt out on WoW and this one has definitely piqued my interest.

My wallet's telling me no... :/

But my body... MY BODY'S TELLIN ME YEAHHHH

M.Steiner

Any gmg discounts going around I can use?
Can't spot a 25% off voucher but "ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11" is still active for 20% :)

So, head start tomorrow!. Where are EU peeps planning on rolling? Exiles/Dominion?.
Don't think any of my other gaming buddies will be getting the game unfortunately, not for the lack of me trying to convince them but oh well heh. Looks to be a choice of Hazak (PvP, and probably my first choice) or Eko/Ascendancy for PvE, just trying to decide where to create my first character.

Blitzhex

Can't spot a 25% off voucher but "ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11" is still active for 20% :)

So, head start tomorrow!. Where are EU peeps planning on rolling? Exiles/Dominion?.
Don't think any of my other gaming buddies will be getting the game unfortunately, not for the lack of me trying to convince them but oh well heh. Looks to be a choice of Hazak (PvP, and probably my first choice) or Eko/Ascendancy for PvE, just trying to decide where to create my first character.

Hazak exiles!

EU GAF, what server are we congregating to? Ascendancy? I'm flexible to either PVE or PVP just want to be on a server with the most people. :)

http://wildstar.guildex.org/servers/eu the current registered guilds on the announced servers.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
EU GAF, what server are we congregating to? Ascendancy? I'm flexible to either PVE or PVP just want to be on a server with the most people. :)

Blitzhex

Seems Hazak will be popular, could do that, Exile? I prefer the Exlie faction even though it has bunnies. I'll play a human regardless for launch.

Yeah they've butchered aurin faces as compared to the concept art, they look hideous ingame. Going exile still, represent the underdogs!

desverger

Will be on Ascendancy myself, with a guild that plans to tackle dungeons and endgame, and a dash of pvp on the side. We're going Exiles.

If anyone needs a tank for anything, you could hook me up - you can find me under the name of Kettle :p

so.. this game has piqued my interest and i have picked it up!

Also UK based and would join the EU gaf guild. I personally prefer PVP but damn that's a LOT of people on the one available!

Shahadan

I hope they'll get back at me with my authentification problem ;(
I don't want to miss the fun of day one server crashes.

Edit: Then again french servers seem to have a low population.

Tankshell

I hope they'll get back at me with my authentification problem ;(
I don't want to miss the fun of day one server crashes.

Edit: Then again french servers seem to have a low population.

You were having the same issue as me mate right? I tried mine again this morning (after submitting a support ticket last night - although no reply to that still) and it is logging me in fine now!

Shahadan

You were having the same issue as me mate right? I tried mine again this morning (after submitting a support ticket last night - although no reply to that still) and it is logging me in fine now!

Great news Tankshell !
Still not working for me though ;(
I don't know how they operate, maybe I should have written my ticket in english in order to avoid a step of the process. I got an answer quickly telling me my ticket was transferred to the above level of Support, but nothing since.

Can't wait. Here we go, the final day.

Cougar said on twitter that 716 players earned the max amount of boom boxes. I hope i was one.

Somnia

Can't wait. Here we go, the final day.

Cougar said on twitter that 716 players earned the max amount of boom boxes. I hope i was one.

Wow that's lower than I thought. I know I missed quite a few days sadly because I was in the "only ESOOOO" bandwagon for awhile.

Wow that's lower than I thought. I know I missed quite a few days sadly because I was in the "only ESOOOO" bandwagon for awhile.

I want to say i managed to get every boom box, but i have the feeling i missed something somewhere along the way. It's all for naught if i don't get that amazing disco bike.

Somnia

I'm gonna get crap from my boom boxes. Watch the first few I open will be empty with a "haha" or something plastered on my screen. Then I'll switch to exile and spawn camp Ferny.

Crackbone

I keep thinking that I won't be there at 3 AM EDT, but you see I have this 14 mo old boy that's kicking my ass.

He's been up every night for the past month between 1-3 am.

So, if I can man up and push through the pain, I'll be there when the servers go up(then probably go down again lol)

Somnia

Me and my buddies are rolling as Dominion Widow! Guess we'll look out for the Acolytes if they still have guild space ;P

We do, we aren't near our "cap" yet that we've set for ourselves. We got into the game a bit late so we plan on doing a lot of in game recruiting.

Speaking of that, glad you applied Einbroch! Don't fret some of those raid questions/pvp questions. Just a way to gauge some of your past experiences, but we very much welcome every type of gamer.

From Twitter:
Our Support Team is currently handling an increased volume in tickets, as such response times will be longer than normal. Will respond ASAP.

Just as a heads up for anyone who put in a ticket.

Well Warriors got a NICE buff to tanking through the defensive stance. I tanked Stormtalons Lair with full offensive gear and abilities while just switching the stance to defensive. I was able to keep threat the whole time. I'm fairly certain someone specced as a tank with the right skills wouldn't have an issue either.

People have done some playtesting and number crunching (limited because not many have gotten to that point), but many are saying that Warriors are the most gear dependent, but once they have gear can equal or surpass the other tanks.

Don't worry about balance. Seriously, don't. Play. What. You. Want.

Sounds good. Like I said, if you played WoW during vanilla/tbc, the only class that could raid tank was warrior and prot paladin/feral druid were pretty much jokes, but that hasn't been the tank balance case in any mmo's I've played since then.

My group and I are looking at the pvp servers, Exile faction (though if exile is massively more popular we'll probably reroll Dominion). Eyeing widow right now.

DrBo42

Anyone know when we get our guest passes?

Sounds good. Like I said, if you played WoW during vanilla/tbc, the only class that could raid tank was warrior and prot paladin/feral druid were pretty much jokes, but that hasn't been the tank balance case in any mmo's I've played since then.

My group and I are looking at the pvp servers, Exile faction (though if exile is massively more popular we'll probably reroll Dominion). Eyeing widow right now.

Pergo is going to be the most popular unless you care about oceanic.

Somnia

Pergo will be the busiest, but Widow is getting a lot of high end guilds, oceanic playerbase (24/7 constant open world pvp) and the RP players playing Aurins I can bank.

Widow and Pergo wont be THAT far off in population, the other one I feel sorry for though lol

Anyone know when we get our guest passes?

Pergo is going to be the most popular unless you care about oceanic.

Pergo is apparently a Brazilian server as well. After playing on Warsong on WoW, I'm not a huge fan of language barriers in MMOs, especially if this game is going to be CC dependent.

Top Bottom