• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Somnia

Speaking of this Towelliee will be doing a live launch party stream starting at 7PM PST tomorrow. Tons of giveaways.

Plushies from the game, 20 digital versions of the game, items from razer, etc. Lots of stuff. His launch parties are usually pretty awesome.

I may miss out though as I plan on napping prior to the launch lol

LtOrange

Speaking of this Towelliee will be doing a live launch party stream starting at 7PM PST tomorrow. Tons of giveaways.

Plushies from the game, 20 digital versions of the game, items from razer, etc. Lots of stuff. His launch parties are usually pretty awesome.

I really hope Towelliee sticks with WildStar for awhile. His viewership will bring in some much needed publicity and hopefully keep it relevant on Twitch.

That's my sleep time! Going to try to sleep from around 10PM to around 2AM or so.

Ferny

My plan is to sleep from about 9-10pm and then wake up at 2:30am. Get my snacks ready and play the day away.

Somnia

I really hope Towelliee sticks with WildStar for awhile. His viewership will bring in some much needed publicity and hopefully keep it relevant on Twitch.

I have a feeling he will. He's got a 80 man hardcore raiding guild set up and plans on going full on for the game. He'll probably go back to wow with their expansion.

I have a feeling he will. He's got a 80 man hardcore raiding guild set up and plans on going full on for the game. He'll probably go back to wow with their expansion.

That raises a good question. I wonder if Carbine will try to push out the new raid close to Draenor's release date so in order to remain an enticing option to raiders?

Jarnet87

He'll always go back to WoW. I remember he stuck with FF14 2.0 and SWTOR for awhile. I like his stream, I'll tune in a bit to his launch stream.

Won

...and that's it. Servers are down until headstart.

About time. The teasing started to get annoying!

Going Granok/Warrior now after trying out a few more things. Being able to tank stuff turned out to be pretty useful.

Somnia

Dammit all, I was doing my UI now so I didn't have to at launch. Was almost done too.

I did that and all my keybindings, etc, this morning.

Though I haven't really fought anything to test interrupt addon out yet so I'll have to mess with that post launch.

Arken2121

Though I haven't really fought anything to test interrupt addon out yet so I'll have to mess with that post launch.

I don't even think you need that add-on. With the implementation of cast bars, it should be easy enough to interrupt.

Ravijn

I was messing around with it a little bit today and it worked perfect for me. It's a great add on that I think everyone will use.

Jag

So what Paths look like the most fun? I think I'm going Explorer except that I heard the mounts are kind of slow. I kinda hate running around slow, but I like the port you get at level 10.

bijiplates, amp location and junkit are amazing. If you're into pvp, don't use Trackmaster, it's essentially cheating.

I've heard good things about bijiplates, but haven't people been having issues with it recently? I very rarely PVP, but the amp location one sounds great.

Somnia

So what Paths look like the most fun? I think I'm going Explorer except that I heard the mounts are kind of slow. I kinda hate running around slow, but I like the port you get at level 10.

I'm going scientist mainly for the group port.

Gaston

I really want to try this game out, but my laptop ran it like absolute garbage during open beta. I had everything on very low, and my laptop still ran very hot, not that I would like to run it looking like that anyway. Unfortunately I won't be getting my desktop until September.

Somnia

For those who were asking or interested, Acolytes have named our server. We will be rolling Dominion on Widow.

We weighed Widow and Pergo and felt Widow was better for our community. Both have a lot of hardcore raid guilds, but the addition of the Oceanic playerbase on Widow helped our decision a lot also I believe (24/7 world pvp and we have quite a few Austrlian players also).

What time does this launch? I work at 7am EST. but I want to download and patch the latest build so I don't have to do that when I get home

LtOrange

I love how much work Carbine is putting into twitch and YouTube. Building a strong online community is so important for a subscription mmo.

Ferny

I love how much work Carbine is putting into twitch and YouTube. Building a strong online community is so important for a subscription mmo.

Yup and it also means they don't have to spend a ton of money on advertising because they'll have great word of mouth.

Top Bottom