• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Einbroch

Banned
Well guys, I'm out for the night. Will be back tomorrow morning. To all you stay-uppers: have fun!

We're here, ladies and gentlemen!

Blitzhex

Americans seem to have gotten shafted on headstart timings.. having to play through the night to stay competitive and get the 10 elder gems before june launch. EU gets it easy with a late morning start.

Those of you in the GAF guild, i'm going to imbed our Mumble server info into this post. Just quote this post to see it. There will be some of us hanging out on it tonight during launch. I'll make a post on the forums with the info soon since this will get buried in the thread quite quickly.

BearPawB

Banned
Those of you in the GAF guild, i'm going to imbed our Mumble server info into this post. Just quote this post to see it. There will be some of us hanging out on it tonight during launch.

Nice, if i can manage to stay awake i might join the action

Americans seem to have gotten shafted on headstart timings.. having to play through the night to stay competitive and get the 10 elder gems before june launch. EU gets it easy with a late morning start.

What do elder gems do?

Teggy

I still don't understand how this guy:
image.php

can hate the Aurin.

Hixx

Kind of regretting ordering the physical Deluxe edition from GMG at the moment. I spent two days chasing the pre-order key (still not accessible through my account, the email from CS I got is the only 'proof' the key is mine) and clearly their website is not designed to update physical order statuses as my order page has it as dispatched since 18.04!

Got in touch with CS again tonight (do have to say their response time is excellent, especially considering it was 11.30pm when I sent the ticket!) and their answer was "apparently the game has been despatched by one of our partners."

Not exactly filling me with confidence, there! Just got to hope it comes by Tuesday... or does the grace period not start until AFTER headstart ends?

I wonder how long I can play before I'm forced to take a nap.

I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Edit:

@Hixx

You have like three days of a grace period before you have to put in your code. (after headstart for the actual launch, I mean)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Was going to wait up tonight for launch... When I thought it was 00:01 EDT. PDT? No f'ing way. Guess I'll see you guys in the morning. Bummer that as of now there is no GAF PvP Exile clan. :(

Rojan

Neo Member
I'm very late to the WildStar party, and put in a reservation last night.

Now I have an alarm set on my phone for 2AM EST. MMOs always have this affect on me.

Medic seems to be the most popular class in a lot of polls, so we may end up seeing a good amount of them.

Really?

Maybe it was just the server I was on, but I didn't see very many. SO MANY Warrior and Stalkers, though. And Spellslingers. I didn't see any of the prelaunch polls.

Well, I guess it's a good thing, especially if a good percentage of them also know how to be healers!

aka_bueno

I'm stuck going Exile cause of a couple buddies I know getting the game, going that side. It's not too bad though, I really like the Mordesh. They're like the Horde's Forsaken, almost. And Thayd is more like Orgrimmar while Dominion has that Stormwind wanna be capital :p

(I'm trying to tell myself anything I can to feel better about going Exile)

I'll be killing all you GAF Chuas on Pergo PvP!

Ferny

So once the game is up, i'll make a NeoGAF Circle and add whoever wants to be added to it. Circles are basically just a chat channel that you can have up to 5 of. They are completely separate from a guild, but function a little like them in terms of the social aspect. I think it'll be cool to have most of GAF in a channel regardless of what realm they are on or guild.

Ferny

They have confirmed you can chat cross realm, they haven't said circles specifically but I am almost sure it will be.

So what's this race for 10 than?

Elder Gems are the elder game currency. There's a weekly cap of 140 and it resets on Tuesday. So if you are able to hit 50 and max out your weekly Elder Gems by then, headstart players get an extra week towards their totals (which is pretty significant since it takes at least 2-3 weeks worth of gems to start the raid attunement chain).

MoonGred

Is anyone else having issue with the 2 step authentication? I login to my account, scan the QR code, and get 6 digit code, when I enter the code I keep getting an error saying "Please enter a verification code"

TheYanger

Trying to setup a G13 for this game. Anyone have profiles they would like to share?

I've been debating how I want to do it myself. In wow I have G17 as jump, and the 'home' row as all my hotkey stuff. I'm thinking something similar here. Maybe 1-5 above it and shift +1-5 (I have shift on my mouse) or alt 1-5 (also on mouse) then throw shift, V, F, R, etc on the surrounding stuff. Ironically there are less hotkeys than wow but I want more of the UI functions on my G13 than I do with wow, which makes it tricky. Think I'll just click the on screen communicator mostly.

Crackbone

I've decided to rock the DPS medic.

Of course I'll heal in instances if need be, but I think I'm just going to go with what I enjoyed the most and let the chips fall where they may.

Top Bottom