• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Arksy

So um,. with soldier supply drops. Do you get random permanent items or is it kind of like temporary items for that fight? Like new weapons for all classes?

Jira

Attunement reqs for 20 man raiding:

NaNBVbE.jpg

Only thing I disagree with is Step 11 where you can kill the same boss 10 times in a row. It would have been much cooler to require 10 unique boss kills. We all know people will just find the easiest boss for this part and farm it.

Nokterian

Oh god attunments? Ok i love raiding but please this isn't real right? It's more time consuming to even begin raiding. I hated attunments in WoW and i don't like this.

So, how well do you guys think the servers will hold up?

Hopefully ops week will allow the servers to at least remain functional. I've been seeing a lot more people than usual talking about it today though so launch may be a ton bigger than any stress test they did.

Ferny

Oh god attunments? Ok i love raiding but please this isn't real right? It's more time consuming to even begin raiding. I hated attunments in WoW and i don't like this.
It's real and personally I like it. Gives you something else to work towards. Sure, it's a grind and all, but we've all been trained recently to have easy mode now right from the go. A little challenge isn't a bad thing.

TheYanger

It's not even really grindy at all, it means you have to work towards it for about a week and actually are probably at least half capable of doing it.

Uthred

It's real and personally I like it. Gives you something else to work towards. Sure, it's a grind and all, but we've all been trained recently to have easy mode now right from the go. A little challenge isn't a bad thing.

Theres a difference between challenge and padding due to increased grind, though as you said, at least its something to do

Jira

For me, the Silver medals in veteran adventures and dungeons requirement at least insure to some degree that the people going into raids will have an idea as to what they're doing.

Sephirus

I dunno I'm of two minds about the whole attunement process.

On one hand it forces players to understand their classes and play well so that once they do reach the 20 man raiding they aren't holding the rest of the raid back, hopefully. Requiring things like Silver Medals in Dungeons/Adventures is a pretty good way of skill checking the players.

But on the other hand a lot of the requirements seem to be there just to make the process as long as possible. 150 Elder Gems when you can only get 140 in a week, 10 world bosses that aren't retroactive meaning the ones you may have killed while leveling don't count and a rep grind (ugh).

ValfarHL

So I preordered the game at g2a, and they say I won't receive my full game key before June 3.
I hope I can still play headstart? :((((((((

Bombless

Got a US key, tried to apply it to account, WRONG REGION. Support faq says the bug is fixed, if not to contact them.

Login is fucked and can't post a ticket. Meh. Going to sleep.

Shahadan

Haha a woman responded to my ticket saying EU support team was very busy so she helped them and was sorry for her french because she had to use google translate to answer me :D

I like those guys already.

ubernoob

Neo Member
Haven't really followed along too much re: the raid requirements/attuning.

That picture just made my day. So happy about that bit of info.

Manoko

Was wondering if the soldier path gives a real edge to a warrior during leveling and at max level... I mean, any of you guys tried it and didn't regret taking this path ?

I wanted to do a Warrior Explorer, that is why I am asking. :)

Was wondering if the soldier path gives a real edge to a warrior during leveling and at max level... I mean, any of you guys tried it and didn't regret taking this path ?

I wanted to do a Warrior Explorer, that is why I am asking. :)

I'd say soldier and settler give a slight boost to leveling speed, but not enough to where you should go with either over what you'd enjoy more.

Shahadan

Is Scientist worth it? I mean do I get cool bonus info about the world/story like they hinted at? Do I get to scan shit like in Metroid Prime ?
Because this is kinda what I want in every game ever.

Carcetti

So anyone who was in beta... I like to play characters like Druid and DK in WoW, plus I mainly tank. Would engineer work for me?

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I don't know what server to roll on! I think I'll put some on Orias for the GAF PvE guild, but I also wanted to try PvP out. Looks like the only GAF guild is Dominion, so I'll probably roll on the Pergo server as Exile like the few people on the last page.

Mostly it's an issue because I want to try and get good names.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just ordered the digital deluxe from gmg!
(22% off voucher: QUK706-XWFKI6-8UK3NL)
lol at the order reference number looking like: ordeea87gh8qe7ghq387gh7gh87gh48gh4d

Is there only supposed to be one key from them?

Ok I'm ready. Just got from work and I ate something quick. Time to play until 5 am. Aaahh yeeaah. Hope I can gank a poor low health player to end the day with a highlight.

Top Bottom