• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Tesseract

Banned
PVE servers are PVP flaggable

I am starting on a PVP server (Pergo) because of the guild I joined, but I don't think Open World PVP is that meaningful (you do get XP for kills) and the more I read about the insane addons that can literally track you as a quest marker I am questioning my decision lol.

Could be ganking hell

i think i'm in love, ganking is my game.

This is what I'm talking about. This is all I'm talking about. I'm not disagreeing with anything else you're saying. :p

White damage, the damage you get from just right clicking and doing nothing else, nothing at all, adds nothing, because it is automatic and requires no input. Comboing your "spammable" 1 attack does add something, like in GW2, because every part of the combo is different.

Oh! Yeah, then we agree completely.

If you're in Europe and ordered straight from Carbine on the Wildstar website store then you have a European region copy. Also evidenced by the fact you'll only be able to log in on the .eu authentication server in-game when logging in.

Quite a few of us seem to be going to Hazek (PVP), Exile. I'm more than happy to get together a guild of some sort at the very least as a stop-gap before we find some other raiding guild peeps to join up with.

I'd be up for this, a small group of EU Players to chat with whilst playing would be fun.

Somnia

Interesting. I may drop an application.

Feel free, it's a great gaming community that will last you past Wildstar that much I can promise =) Lots of people playing different MMO's (we have 6 active charters right now) and lots of Rust/Dota 2/Marvel Heroes/Landmark, etc players.

Shahadan

Starting to think my technical issue won't be resolved before headstart ;_;
I bought it mostly because I had a lot of time this week end. Oh well.

Jag

You don't log into anything extra for the auth code. If there are issues you'll have them regardless.

Ok. Good to know.

Here's another good tip. Not sure how accurate though.

For Fast Leveling take Settler or Soldier as your path. Settler is the only path in the game where you gain the items needed to use its abilities from just killing mobs. It also gives you a portable sell station, so you can empty your inventory with less need to run back to a hub or station. Soldier gets special weapons for completing Swat missions that allows you to defeat mobs pretty fast.

kch

Quite a few of us seem to be going to Hazek (PVP), Exile. I'm more than happy to get together a guild of some sort at the very least as a stop-gap before we find some other raiding guild peeps to join up with.

Exile eh..hmm. No I just can't imagine doing dungeons and pvp together with the furrytails :( They must be put down, every last one of them.. /darthmaul

HBroward

Just tossing out that if you are playing PvE on a NA server and aren't on Stormtalon, you are doing it wrong. Also, Dominion.

Jag

Friends are talking me into getting this game, though I know nothing about it. Not sure I can resist new MMO hype though :(.

Just think. In 8 years you can tell the young whippersnappers that you were in at launch which were the good old days.

Sorian

Banned
I love populated PVP servers, but looking at this:

http://watchwildstar.com/census#share-all-dividedby-player_servertype

They should have replaced a PVE server with a PVP server. I know, only 6.6k reponses, but still. A ton of people are going PVP.

Could you update the OT, it was just decided that Paradoxical was going to be on Orias as well now.

Edit: You're awesome, thank you. Didn't want people to base their server choice on the OT and be left high and dry.

Just think. In 8 years you can tell the young whippersnappers that you were in at launch which were the good old days.

I played WoW vanilla (never got to 60 because it took so long) and miss those days. Imagine i was actually a hardcore raider back then? Those would be good memories

BigDes

Indeed, it can be you on the official forums moaning about the devs not caring about their fans and that they have abandoned the hardcore!

Zand

Neo Member
Anyone recall what perks players who were in the various Closes Beta's will get upon release? I remember getting the Highwayman costume, and a Hoverboard during the Winter Beta. Will we get those at release, and most importantly, will we get that Hoverboard at lvl10?

Anyone in beta able to say which faction people play more on pvp servers?

Polls on forums say more exiles, looking to roll the under dog.

joesmokey

I played WoW vanilla (never got to 60 because it took so long) and miss those days. Imagine i was actually a hardcore raider back then? Those would be good memories
They were good memories, but not something I would ever want to experience again (6-8 hour progression nights, yeah no thanks).

Hmm, seems like my friends will be going mostly Widow/Dominion as well. Hype rising...

Arken2121

They were good memories, but not something I would ever want to experience again (6-8 hour progression nights, yeah no thanks).

Hmm, seems like my friends will be going mostly Widow/Dominion as well. Hype rising...

Woot. And to the poster above, it seems like Exile will be the overwhelming faction.

Mims

Still undecided about where to roll. Tried looking on http://wildstar.guildex.org/ but can't really find a real "casual raider" guild that actually raids for 2 hours a few days a week. Don't get me wrong I still have the hardcore mentally about bringing my best spec and performance but I just can't go 4 days a week 3+ hours anymore.

Still undecided about where to roll. Tried looking on http://wildstar.guildex.org/ but can't really find a real "casual raider" guild that actually raids for 2 hours a few days a week. Don't get me wrong I still have the hardcore mentally about bringing my best spec and performance but I just can't go 4 days a week 3+ hours anymore.

It's not unlikely to see people advertising guilds like that on most realms. Even if the guild isin't registered on guildex.org, i think most servers would be able to offer you something close to what you want.

That's why you roll with smarter guilds who get dat work via teamwork and skill not throwing themselves bodily at bosses. :D

joesmokey

That's why you roll with smarter guilds who get dat work via teamwork and skill not throwing themselves bodily at bosses. :D
That wasn't really how things were done back then for trying to lead the way with progression, especially with dkp. Anyway, enough WoW talk :).

General consensus in here seems to be Dominion? One of my friends said they were pretty boring in beta compared to Exile.

That wasn't really how things were done back then for trying to lead the way with progression, especially with dkp. Anyway, enough WoW talk :).

General consensus in here seems to be Dominion? One of my friends said they were pretty boring in beta compared to Exile.

"WoW talk"? That's wisdom for playing any MMO with a progression set-up. You gotta avoid those guilds that do that, WS included.

Anywho, if true, you'd think Dominion would have more "right bastard" quest narratives or something.

tonypark

How is this compared to FF14 or wow? I am on the edge on going for wildstar.
Also what is neogaf general feeling toward it?
thanks!

How is this compared to FF14 or wow? I am on the edge on going for wildstar.
Also what is neogaf general feeling toward it?
thanks!

It's much like vanilla WoW with action combat, housing, and some other goodies & modern conveniences. I have very little play time in FF14 so unfortunately i can't say how it compares.

You're asking in the OT so you are mostly going to get the impressions of those of us that enjoy the game. I'd watch this video and see if the gameplay interests you.

If you'd prefer to hold off a couple days, some of us in this thread will have guest passes available and you can try out the game to see if you like it.

Topper

Is there any way to setup the Two-Step Verification without a smart phone? I have a blizzard authenticator but i'm guessing that won't work.

Top Bottom